• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Today was the 30 year anniversary of the first "nascar Brickyard Race".

I remember going down to qualifications for the Brickyard back in '94. It was a fun event. (One of my favorite events of the day was when A.J. Foyt managed to not only get himself into a car and qualify, but was able to get himself out of the car! LOL)

nascar used to be fun.

Watching today's event on the TV was but a reminder of how far the series has fallen.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    At 6:00 they switched the race from NBC to USA so people were able to watch their local news cast.

Huh? I just thought I'd missed the ending when WTHR news was on? There was a window, with a stream on the computer still covering the overtimes, but I just thought it was the delay or something.

Missed the end of the Brickyard, one of the few local races broadcast here.

Whose idea was this? NASCAR/NBC or both? What were they thinking???

:scratch:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I was there yesterday with my son, the flex seating sections were packed. The rest of the stands were half full at best. Maybe they could a take a hint and see that fans can't afford the higher ticket prices.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Boring race and what looked like a totally rigged finish. NASCAR officials totally blew this one and gifted the race to Larson. The restart with the number 6 pulling into the pits should not allow the number 5 to move into the number one position from the number 3 starting position. He might have won anyway, but he was blatantly given this one.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    NASCAR? They still a really run those? Is there anyone there under 50?
    Very few, which is part of their problem. They arent attracting the younger generation to fill the stands. Its a different era. They tried stage racing. They tried diversity. Theyve had rappers at the tracks. They made a netflix show and built a track in LA. Last year was a record low rating, and this year is even lower as of now. They alienated the fans so bad trying to attract younger fans that now they have nobody

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The brickyard is a boring race, but, it was one of the crown jewel events years ago that every driver wanted to win. Winning in Indy meant something. Its sad that we may be on the edge of the brickyard not even being an event in the future. They discussed it last year (or the year before, cant remember). Theyve been moving it on the schedule, and trying to get an increase. It may not continue running in the next 5 years with 25% of the stands filled and low tv ratings, as much as that sucks. I love the history behind indy, and i love that every year they add to that history in some way. I hope they figure it out so that years from now that book is getting thicker.

Top Bottom