• ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It's Friday and they are still talking about the fix

I like how the author of that article is Bob Pockrass, an avid Nascar supporter that has been a journalist for Nascar since 1991... but you still get the trolling emoji :lmfao: It just shows that the content of the posts doesn't mean anything, it's just to harass the poster any way possible. Funny part is, I have received messages from a few people (not mentioning names) saying that somebody (?) private messages them to reply to their messages in this thread and insult/argue with them.

As for the link, I think it is a double edged sword. I agree that ending the race under caution, the finishing order will be more natural because the field freezes and whoever was leading when the yellow came out more than likely would have won in most cases... And doing green/white/checker is easy for Nascar to manipulate the finishing positions and attempt getting their preferred guy a win, or, into the playoffs, or, in the top 5, etc... If Bubba was running 2nd and closing the gap on the leader but wasn't going to be able to catch him before the finish, I have no doubt Nascar would throw a yellow and try to help him get the win. This doesnt guarantee he will, he still has to drive the **** out of it on the restart to get it, but it increases his chances versus letting the race play out naturally. And, this exact scenario has happened, albeit with other drivers, on many occasions.

Stage racing combined with green/white/checkers gives more ability to alter the finish from the sanctioning body. This is why they were so adamant about implementing it, and why the series is hurting so badly. Parts supplied by the sanctioning body, rules regulating such strict tolerances that all the cars and manufacturers are practically identical, stage racing, and green/white/checkers... That's an awful lot of control being given to the sanctioning body. And in sports, there are always certain teams/players that will get more views when successful... So to think the sanctioning body wouldnt put their weight on the finishing order to gain eyeballs in return is absurd. They will, they do, and they have. Retired drivers discuss how they have done it to them.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I like how the author of that article is Bob Pockrass, an avid Nascar supporter that has been a journalist for Nascar since 1991... but you still get the trolling emoji :lmfao: It just shows that the content of the posts doesn't mean anything, it's just to harass the poster any way possible. Funny part is, I have received messages from a few people (not mentioning names) saying that somebody (?) private messages them to reply to their messages in this thread and insult/argue with them.

As for the link, I think it is a double edged sword. I agree that ending the race under caution, the finishing order will be more natural because the field freezes and whoever was leading when the yellow came out more than likely would have won in most cases... And doing green/white/checker is easy for Nascar to manipulate the finishing positions and attempt getting their preferred guy a win, or, into the playoffs, or, in the top 5, etc... If Bubba was running 2nd and closing the gap on the leader but wasn't going to be able to catch him before the finish, I have no doubt Nascar would throw a yellow and try to help him get the win. This doesnt guarantee he will, he still has to drive the **** out of it on the restart to get it, but it increases his chances versus letting the race play out naturally. And, this exact scenario has happened, albeit with other drivers, on many occasions.

Stage racing combined with green/white/checkers gives more ability to alter the finish from the sanctioning body. This is why they were so adamant about implementing it, and why the series is hurting so badly. Parts supplied by the sanctioning body, rules regulating such strict tolerances that all the cars and manufacturers are practically identical, stage racing, and green/white/checkers... That's an awful lot of control being given to the sanctioning body. And in sports, there are always certain teams/players that will get more views when successful... So to think the sanctioning body wouldnt put their weight on the finishing order to gain eyeballs in return is absurd. They will, they do, and they have. Retired drivers discuss how they have done it to them.
    Those trolling emojis deeply hurt making it hard to continue posting in this thread. But I'm not going to cry to the Mods like some people.

attaked.gif

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I suppose people with tune in to see the nest big fix. The closer it is to playoffs the more important the fix is.
    If I were Ross Chastain, I would have been mad they didn't throw the yellow sooner. Knowing that 1/3rd the field couldn't make the cool down lap, he could have finished way higher.

Kyle had fuel, tires, pace, and position. They could have restarted the race 5 more times, he was always going to win. I was there, and I was ready to go home lol

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    If I were Ross Chastain, I would have been mad they didn't throw the yellow sooner. Knowing that 1/3rd the field couldn't make the cool down lap, he could have finished way higher.

Kyle had fuel, tires, pace, and position. They could have restarted the race 5 more times, he was always going to win. I was there, and I was ready to go home lol
    Ross and Bubba are fighting for the last playoff spot. Bubba was in 5th so guess what happened. The Fix

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    So now that racing is back after the Olympic break, what did everyone think of the finish at Richmond? I know my whole family was cheering as Logano and Hamlin were sent spinning. I certainly don't want every race to turn into a demo derby for the win, but it was nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So now that racing is back after the Olympic break, what did everyone think of the finish at Richmond? I know my whole family was cheering as Logano and Hamlin were sent spinning. I certainly don't want every race to turn into a demo derby for the win, but it was nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

Didnt watch the race but I did see the replay. My opinion may be a bit biased since I can not stand Lagano or Hamlin or Dillon but I rather enjoyed watching them go spinning. It looked like Sr. was back in the 3 car.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I agree, definitely don’t want every race ending like this but glad those two got what they have done to others in a less obvious way. I personally hate the overtime crap. At the very least restart the OT single file.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Well they let Austin Dillon keep his win but it will not count towards the playoffs. Dillon and the the number 3 team were both fined 25 points, and Logano was fined $50k for his actions on pit road. Dillons spotter was also suspended for 3 races for encouraging Dillon to wreck Hamlin.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...d-penalty-austin-dillon-playoffs-eligibility/

I don't mind this ruling since I don't care for all three drivers involved, but if Hamlin or Logano pull moves like this, like they have done in the past, they better receive the same punishments.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well they let Austin Dillon keep his win but it will not count towards the playoffs.

Wow, thats a bit harsh in my opinion. I have seen this done by many drivers over the last 30 years. I am not a fan of the kid, he has the ride because of grandpa, but in my opinion this is a bit much.

Top Bottom