• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    The ticket is finally showing up online and is suprisingly only $165. However I'm willing to try just about anything to keep insurance from finding out. Someone reccomonded I call the court and ask them if I volunteer to take driving course if they will spare the points.b another suggested that since my record is otherwise perfect it shouldn't be hard for a lawyer to get the points thrown out. I just don't know how much that will cost me.

if there were any reckless driving/unsafe start bs tickets id get a lawyer, if you applied to be an officer somewhere something like that on your record could be a deal breaker. even if it cost you 2k for a laywer in the long run i think you would be better off.. just my :twocents:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    if there were any reckless driving/unsafe start bs tickets id get a lawyer, if you applied to be an officer somewhere something like that on your record could be a deal breaker. even if it cost you 2k for a laywer in the long run i think you would be better off.. just my :twocents:

There was only one violation which was speeding (76 in a 40 mph zone) from what I have found so far I should contact the county clerk and ask about deferred adjudication. Because the simple safe driver diversion on the back of the ticket only applies fif you were going 25 mph over the limit or less. I understand it to be basically a ticket version of probation that will keep it off my record as long as there are no violations within 6 months. I'm going to call tomorrow as this will be the easiest way out (if they will accept) I'm just concerned about keeping my insurance from skyrocketing at tbhis point.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ya if they do not show the court date will just be rescheduled..... I say keep the bike though! Just save the speed for the track/country roads, Ive learned my lesson too trust me ('03 yamaha r6)

That depends on the Judge. I got a speeding ticket a couple years ago. I called and had the court date rescheduled. Almost 10 months after the ticket I go to court and they call off a list of names. Mine included. I figured they were going to just offer me a pay and go, but they said all of us that were called our tickets were dismissed because the Officer couldn't make it. :rockwoot:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Ya I've had that happen before. But for 36 over the limit and already getting a break by avoiding reckless driving...I don't want to push my luck.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Really? ......

What's really cool is when you tap that back tire with your bumper. :D

296_police_20car_20lights_20on.gif

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If that shocks you, you wouldn't believe the things I've read on 600RR.ney.

Is that your surprised face? Here's mine :coffee:

It's kind of like Howard Stern...all for shock value.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked; I have been to plenty of other forums where that would be considered quite mild...I just expect a little more when I come to this site. It's also the reason I spend the vast majority of my internet time on here.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    streetbikes 90% of the time do. and 89% of the time they get away. harleys.. well cant.. haha
    I used to have a GSXR-750 and would get on it from time to time, because that is what they are for. If I just wanted basic transportation I would have had a Honda Rebel or something like that. I always figured if I saw lights while really getting on it (like 150ish mph) I might as well run because I would be going to jail anyway. I usually got my need for speed on US41 outside of town and never encounterd the law. But my question is how serious is it if you run and get caught?

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I used to have a GSXR-750 and would get on it from time to time, because that is what they are for. If I just wanted basic transportation I would have had a Honda Rebel or something like that. I always figured if I saw lights while really getting on it (like 150ish mph) I might as well run because I would be going to jail anyway. I usually got my need for speed on US41 outside of town and never encountered the law. But my question is how serious is it if you run and get caught?

I can't answer your question, but sure hope it involves lots of $$$ and jail time.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    I'd really recommend an attorney. If the cop was behind you, and there was any traffic near you, how can he be sure that the radar was locked only on you? Secondly, bikes are much harder to pick up on radar than a car. Radar returns are much greater from a larger vehicle, so it registers their speed, not yours.

Google TIPMRA, a great website about fighting tickets. I've had 2 absurd tickets in my entire life. One I was in a group of Ohio cars, all going the same speed, except I was from MI. Guess who got pulled over, me, and an Ohio plated car pulled over too. Cop let the OH guy go, but gave me a ticket, for 91 in a 65 :xmad: Town called Elyria, OH. Got myself an attorney (love prepaid legal!) and fought it...no charge/points, etc. I sent the attorney TONS of facts off of TIPMRA, including how there was no way the cop could have pinpointed my car's speed amidst the group I was travelling in. Also, cop used Laser, which when you start challenging the laser, it seems the prosecutors don't want to fight it. I didn't even go to court, but I sure was ready to!!! In fact I wanted to. Second time, officer pulled me over for not dimming my lights (he was sitting in the median with his lights off), and asked if I was drinking or why I didn't dim. It was 2 AM and I was headed home from work, and didn't even see him sitting off the road. After confincing him I wasn't drinking, and was legitimately heading home, he gave me a ticket for 5 over. He never even hit me with radar/laser. Attorney made that one go away too. Lawyer up, make them earn their frivolous tax they are trying to throw at you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom