• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    That state trooper has to write 300 tickets a month to keep the car, I don't see them missing many court dates.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That state trooper has to write 300 tickets a month to keep the car, I don't see them missing many court dates.

Heh, blue and white 'stang huh? I know the troop that gave you the ticket, we went to college together. You were not getting out of that one the instant he turned the lights on..... He also won't miss the court date, if you take it there. Your best bet, IMHO is to go the deferral route.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I was wanting to do the referral route but its over 25 mph over. The limit so I don't know if I qualify.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Most brain buckets are just as bad for hearing so either way your toast if you don't keep your scan going. IMHO
    I don't plan on busting your chops for speeding...

But wearing ear buds / headphones while driving? ON A MOTORCYCLE?

Maybe it's a good thing you're selling your bike.

Old Greg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    That's why I don't listen to music on my bike haha I've done similar things but I've been lucky enough not to get caught. Could have happened to anyone.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I also thought about taking it to traffic court in hopes of the officer not showing up which got me out of a ticket when I was 17 and scared to tell mom and dad. I have heard that isp and impd now mandate that the officers show. Also I heard that hit you with quite a bit more fees now to discourage people from doing it.

Ya if they do not show the court date will just be rescheduled..... I say keep the bike though! Just save the speed for the track/country roads, Ive learned my lesson too trust me ('03 yamaha r6)

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I don't know what insurance you have but I considered deferring a $90 ticket last year but it was $275 to defer, my state farm agent told me to just pay the ticket, as it was unlikely they would ever find out unless i had an at fault wreck. My insurance has actually gone down $40 a month since

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I totally agree with selling the bike. If you were WOT, hitting 11K, and only slightly lifting the tire...you are due for a bigger bike. Try something in the liter range. HTH

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Ya I considered the option of getting a lawyer but I don't know what they would charge. Probably more than the ticket itself. The only thing though is I would be saving however much my insurance goes up for 2-3 years. Anyone have a ballpark estimate what a lawyer charges to help out with traffic tickets? I know someone who paid $1200 for a lawyer for a dui but I wouldn't think this would be as challenging for a lawyer, but then again they like their money.

Yes, sportbikes run all the time. But working in corrections, a degree in criminology, and wanting to one day work on a police force kept me from chancing it. I was always told by friends who ride "pull over wait till they get out of the car and almost to the bike and haul a$$". Just not a chance I'm willing to take.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Well my car is in the shop having a head gasket replaced so I've been riding my bike to work all week (03 cbr 600RR). I've been riding for 2 years and driving for 8 and a half with nothing on my record but one seatbelt ticket a few years back. Well, not anymore. I'm sitting at a light with "master of puppets" by metallica jamming in my ear and the blood starts flowing, adrenaline starts pumping. I take a look around and don't see any cops around. The light turns green and I slam on her. The rpms hit about 11k the front end starts to stand up slightly so I kick her into second and grab a hanfull of brake. Up from behind flies a blue and white cobra and I already knew what was going on so I'm on the shoulder before the cherries and berries are even lit. Well the good thing is the cop was quite cool about it and realized I had until this point had a great driving record, so even though he clocked me at 76 in a 40 before I backed off and the front wheel wasn't on the pavement he spared me from reckless driving. I still racked up 6 points on my license and a pricey speeding ticket all at once but it sure beats the alternative. He actually commented he was suprised when I knew I was hit I didn't run. I told him I had to much to lose, including my life haha. The cop was very professional and did cut me a break so I respect that. However, the bike is on craigslist now for fear of me losing my license. I can't stop thinking about how ridiculously dumb I was so I figured I would get it off my chest. That is all.

Man you learned one of the most valuable lessons of your life really really cheap. Don't waste it.

It took me 20 years and a whole lot more money and pain to learn that.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    The ticket is finally showing up online and is suprisingly only $165. However I'm willing to try just about anything to keep insurance from finding out. Someone reccomonded I call the court and ask them if I volunteer to take driving course if they will spare the points.b another suggested that since my record is otherwise perfect it shouldn't be hard for a lawyer to get the points thrown out. I just don't know how much that will cost me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom