• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They operate in a system where that's what they get paid for. I'm sure they were mostly convinced that they were on the "Right side of History" as they say.

And again, in this the MSM machine is owned by the lest leaning power mongers. They set edict on what flavor :koolaid: the masses get to consume this week.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Democrats and the leftist media keep feeding their own frenzy. Doesn’t matter how much objectivity or credibility there is.

Must keep the fire stoked.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Sorry if this was already covered...

Where is the "corrupt act" that even begins to support an obstruction charge? My understanding is that an obstruction charge must stem from a "corrupt" act (i.e. an ILLEGAL action) to influence or impede an investigation. Examples are lying to the investigators, destroying evidence, directing witnesses to lie, threatening witnesses... all of the examples I can find are ILLEGAL ACTS on their own in addition to obstruction.

Are there LEGAL ACTS that are obstruction?

The President has the authority to fire any political appointee, any time, for any reason.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sorry if this was already covered...

Where is the "corrupt act" that even begins to support an obstruction charge? My understanding is that an obstruction charge must stem from a "corrupt" act (i.e. an ILLEGAL action) to influence or impede an investigation. Examples are lying to the investigators, destroying evidence, directing witnesses to lie, threatening witnesses... all of the examples I can find are ILLEGAL ACTS on their own in addition to obstruction.

Are there LEGAL ACTS that are obstruction?

The President has the authority to fire any political appointee, any time, for any reason.
    From my understanding there were no indications that Trump didn’t cooperate with the investigation even though he tended to discount it by calling it a witch-hunt from time to time.

As far as Comey is concerned he even acknowledged that the President can terminate at any time for any reason and there certainly appeared to be a number of reasons to crap can Comey.

In fact I think one of the reasons given for Comey’s termination was because of the way the Clinton investigation was handled

There is no proof that Trump had any reasonable expectations that the investigation would stop simply by relieving Comey of his duties.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Until the report is delivered for eyes the see, it's hard to get past the optics of the president's hand picked AG producing a memo that is favorable to him. It looks even worse, now that we know that Mueller's team actually completed summaries, meant for release, that weren't used.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Until the report is delivered for eyes the see, it's hard to get past the optics of the president's hand picked AG producing a memo that is favorable to him. It looks even worse, now that we know that Mueller's team actually completed summaries, meant for release, that weren't used.

:rolleyes: :facepalm:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think you are grasping at straws here. It doesn't look worse that some unnamed people told other unnamed people that they wrote stuff that wasn't used by the AG.

Has Mueller said that he did not agree with the conclusion of the AG? That would be a big deal.

The rest is just more partisan posturing and nonsense.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

giphy.gif

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think you are grasping at straws here. It doesn't look worse that some unnamed people told other unnamed people that they wrote stuff that wasn't used by the AG.

Has Mueller said that he did not agree with the conclusion of the AG? That would be a big deal.

The rest is just more partisan posturing and nonsense.

Bingo!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's not hard for me to get past it. I haven't invested every part of my being on Trump colluding with Russians. I didn't fabricate wild stories linking Trump to Russia so that I can get views and clicks. I'm not straining the AG's gnat so that I can swallow the conspiratorial Mueller camel. It's possible that the full report is less flattering for the president. But it's doubtful that the full report will bring the deranged any closer to the goal of impeachment. This whole thing started from a fictional dossier. Credit Clinton and medea for the massive 2 year hoax.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;C89u535IMbk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89u535IMbk[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not hard for me to get past it. I haven't invested every part of my being on Trump colluding with Russians. I didn't fabricate wild stories linking Trump to Russia so that I can get views and clicks. I'm not straining the AG's gnat so that I can swallow the conspiratorial Mueller camel. It's possible that the full report is less flattering for the president. But it's doubtful that the full report will bring the deranged any closer to the goal of impeachment. This whole thing started from a fictional dossier. Credit Clinton and medea for the massive 2 year hoax.

On the reverse of that coin, the former AG Jeff Sessions did a pretty damn good job (from the conservative standpoint) at everything but.....? That but is what sent him packing. The new AG walks in after having written a very well known piece about the a president's culpability and the possibility of him being indicted. He is then tapped to be AG. Once he's AG, and Mueller investigation concludes, he takes it upon himself to summarize 400 pages into 4; while ignoring the summaries written by the actual investigators. So, I'll just wait until the report is released (like it was with Clinton) to determine if the investigation was warranted or not.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    As was Hienlien and Orwell.

Back before think tanks were the rage there were retained futurists.
    Long became convinced that Mr. Heinlein was such.
    And Orwell, yes for sure and certain was inside.

Post note...
    The monetary system described in his book Friday, I think the man wrote about what he was privy to.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I did check to see if he was shootered, alas, my hopes were dashed. :crying:

Top Bottom