• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Give you $250.00 for just the springer...

Here's one for sale for ya...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Here's one for sale for ya...

$9,000? They are smokin rock... I think it was 04 or 05 was the end of the camshaft issues. Avoid 2000-04 or 05 unless its had cam upgrades.

If I was going to buy a Softail I would buy Chez's and replace the engine.
    If I remember right it blew up.
    You should be able to do it yourself and have 5 grand or less in it, if all it needs is an engine. If it needs new rubber and other maintenance things add maybe another grand.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    $9,000? They are smokin rock... I think it was 04 or 05 was the end of the camshaft issues. Avoid 2000-04 or 05 unless its had cam upgrades.

If I was going to buy a Softail I would buy Chez's and replace the engine.
    If I remember right it blew up.
    You should be able to do it yourself and have 5 grand or less in it, if all it needs is an engine. If it needs new rubber and other maintenance things add maybe another grand.
    I’ve thought about putting an SNS long block in it, but even in running condition I wouldn’t ride it much if any. I’m spoiled by full dressers.

It needs to go to someone who will bring it back to life.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I’ve thought about putting an SNS long block in it, but even in running condition I wouldn’t ride it much if any. I’m spoiled by full dressers.

It needs to go to someone who will bring it back to life.
    I get it, I'm just not a softail or a bagger guy, If it was a swing arm. I probably would be picking it up this weekend.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Sweet!

I see it's got those big 'ol boombox :D speakers, so everyone MUST hear your Steppenwolf playing, whether they want to or not. ;)

:)
    Damn straight! I already paired my phone and was blasting Rob Zombie on my test ride. :D

Next to spend $2k on louder pipes and then another $2k on stereo upgrades so I can hear the music over my loud pipes! :rofl:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Damn straight! I already paired my phone and was blasting Rob Zombie on my test ride. :D

Next to spend $2k on louder pipes and then another $2k on stereo upgrades so I can hear the music over my loud pipes! :rofl:

God love ya, my country peaceful quiet is shattered multiple times a day by Harley dudes like you, thinking I MUST hear their music.

A mile out and a mile going away, it's normally totally worn out classic rock and roll. :puke:

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    God love ya, my country peaceful quiet is shattered multiple times a day by Harley dudes like you, thinking I MUST to hear their music.

A mile out and a mile going away, it's normally totally worn out classic rock and roll. :puke:
    I hope you know I was joking. My Wing’s stereo was plenty loud, but on the rare occasions I played music, it was through my Sena and helmet speakers.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I hope you know I was joking. My Wing’s stereo was plenty loud, but on the rare occasions I played music, it was through my Sena and helmet speakers.

I don't throw my leg over, without something playing through my Sena. :yesway:

I knew I wasn't talking to you, but not kidding about our Harley friends who think that they are somehow made "cool" by forcing their music noise on everyone around them for miles.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't throw my leg over, without something playing through my Sena. :yesway:

I knew I wasn't talking to you, but not kidding about our Harley friends who think that they are somehow made "cool" by forcing their music noise on everyone around them for miles.

The only thing I played through the wing speakers was the sound of a Harley with loud pipes starting. It was always good for a laugh at bike events.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Ahhhhh, the Millinnial Bagger Dream.

I can honestly say, in my now 50 years of street riding, I've never listened to music while on a motorcycle.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Took a Harley Riding friend to a Moto Guzzi rally. He was a hit at the campfire with his rocking stereo

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Took a Harley Riding friend to a Moto Guzzi rally. He was a hit at the campfire with his rocking stereo

The first thing I though of when seeing chez's speakers on that sweet bagger was that the sound system would be great for sitting still stuff.

Campsight sound, washing the bike sound, lunch and dinner background sound, etc.

Top Bottom