• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Riding along today... just had to stop for a photo.
    Looks pretty Indiana to me.

View attachment 375507
    What, Gangster white walls, purple dot, fringe everywhere, mudflap,backrest and a soda holder? I can wait to see the costume clothing choices...
    Its no wonder your alone.

You can take the man off the Honda Kawasaki Yamaha but you cant get the Yamaha out of the man.

I miss your dog at the gun shows.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    What, Gangster white walls, purple dot, fringe everywhere, mudflap,backrest and a soda holder? I can wait to see the costume clothing choices...
    Its no wonder your alone.

You can take the man off the Honda Kawasaki Yamaha but you cant get the Yamaha out of the man.

I miss your dog at the gun shows.
    I ride alone, because I don't want nobody to see me with yo mama on the back of my bike no more... lol.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Did you send any of the chrome out to be replated?
    Not a piece. This is all original, just elbow grease and marinate with wd40 and 0000 steel wool. Followed by chrome polish and some more polishing. It has some pitting but slowly that is disappearing.
    I rode it down the road before work and it’s still needing something.. needle position raised? I hate to do to much it’s still waking up after sitting 25+ years. But it’s getting better!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not a piece. This is all original, just elbow grease and marinate with wd40 and 0000 steel wool. Followed by chrome polish and some more polishing. It has some pitting but slowly that is disappearing.
    I rode it down the road before work and it’s still needing something.. needle position raised? I hate to do to much it’s still waking up after sitting 25+ years. But it’s getting better!
    I've been going through that with that old Triumph. Each time I run it and get it really warmed up, I have to adjust the idle down as things loosen up and the upper end keeps getting quieter after sleeping for 20 years or so that I know of. I believe the biggest problem was it had the wrong oils ( no zinc) in it and it didn't have whats needed for the soft lifters and top end parts.
    I'm thinking I might send the side cases out this winter and get them chromed as to take away from looking at some of the years of wear and tear on the bike.
    The chrome really looks good in the pictures.
    Thanks

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I quit drinking 30 years ago. In fact that's how we met... I was her designated driver.
    Good for you, I'm my girls designated eating partner. She gambles and we go and eat on her perks.
    If my son is with me, she makes sure that we have plenty of drink coupons for that McCallum 12, and that we get back to the room without going to jail.
    On occasion shes mean and tells us, "NO" you cant get back on the bus and go back to Freemont st.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I've been going through that with that old Triumph. Each time I run it and get it really warmed up, I have to adjust the idle down as things loosen up and the upper end keeps getting quieter after sleeping for 20 years or so that I know of. I believe the biggest problem was it had the wrong oils ( no zinc) in it and it didn't have whats needed for the soft lifters and top end parts.
    I'm thinking I might send the side cases out this winter and get them chromed as to take away from looking at some of the years of wear and tear on the bike.
    The chrome really looks good in the pictures.
    Thanks
    I have to do a oil change and I forgot about needing the zinc in the oil.. thanks for the reminder. Looking forward to seeing updates on the triumph.
    I am working on it when I cant sleep.. on 2nds and was on 3rd so I get home and polish and clean and look at the RD and think someday.. I have 2 other bikes a 1975 XS650 and a 1974 MX175 that I will get to some year.. I am probably going to trade or sell the XS.. it was to be a street tracker but I have to put the money elsewhere first.
    I will update with some more pictures soon. Tim

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have to do a oil change and I forgot about needing the zinc in the oil.. thanks for the reminder. Looking forward to seeing updates on the triumph.
    I am working on it when I cant sleep.. on 2nds and was on 3rd so I get home and polish and clean and look at the RD and think someday.. I have 2 other bikes a 1975 XS650 and a 1974 MX175 that I will get to some year.. I am probably going to trade or sell the XS.. it was to be a street tracker but I have to put the money elsewhere first.
    I ordered some 50W with some zinc off Amazon and Lucas zinc/break in additive from O'Reilly's
    The RD will be a blast to take for a spin.
    The XS seems to be popular with the bobber crowd now days.
    Seems to many projects and not enough time.
    We dragged out the wood spinner today and we set it up for my son to turn off some wood pens tomorrow. That Delta hasn't been turned on in 15 or so years.
    It's interesting watching this one, work with tools.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I was wondering if that was an RD in the photo.

ironjaw77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2024
    US
    I like to ride when I'm not working. Pendleton area.
    560003ea4cae2ecc2a109a9f34d4d2f2.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Top Bottom