• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is that the Guzzi event they have in Summitville, IN?
    I heard that 142 of 190 USA registered owners showed up. It caused a traffic jam at Circle K and The Pizza King that weekend.
    No. It was the Iowa rally. Used that as a shakedown ride for my 3 week 10,000 mile west coast tour that centered around the National Guzzi rally in Malibu, CA. Met an old Navy weather guesser there so we headed up to Seattle before he headed to Yellowstone from Rainier and I went on to the Cascades

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No. It was the Iowa rally. Used that as a shakedown ride for my 3 week 10,000 mile west coast tour that centered around the National Guzzi rally in Malibu, CA. Met an old Navy weather guesser there so we headed up to Seattle before he headed to Yellowstone from Rainier and I went on to the Cascades
    LOL,..
    That had to have been a great trip.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    LOL,..
    That had to have been a great trip.
    It was. He got us into the Navy hotel at Monterrey and we ate at a seafood restaurant he knew of from his time in the Navy. It was so good that few years later when wife and I went to Frisco for church I drove her down to Monterrey to eat there. Still just as good. If I am ever there again I will make the same drive to ear there

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sold one of my 2 motorcycles today.

Sad day.

Got good (enough) money for it. So I'm happy about that. But I just don't feel safe riding anymore. All my moto-gear has been sold except 1 pair of gloves, my Arai helmet and a pair of Cardo PackTalk communicators.

Some of my wife's gear has sold, but she still has a mesh jacket and a couple pairs of of pants to sell.

My bike has not sold yet, I think it's just a little too customized for touring? Secretly I'm hoping that it never sells. But I don't know I can ever ride again.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    BTW, looks like your paint job turned out great.
    Thanks. It did, but they didn't get her put back together right. Back fender bolts started rattling off on the first ride, and I no longer have brake or turn signals. Still need to get her in the shop to figure out the wiring issue. Guy was kind of a butt crying about how he was rushed... Had the bike for almost 3 weeks.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Would pull the lens ofvThanks. It did, but they didn't get her put back together right. Back fender bolts started rattling off on the first ride, and I no longer have brake or turn signals. Still need to get her in the shop to figure out the wiring issue. Guy was kind of a butt crying about how he was rushed... Had the bike for almost 3 weeks.
    I would pull the lens off and check the bulb.
    all my FX's don't have yellow running lights just a red break and running from the 1157 bulb in the brake housing.
    My 2010 will snap a bulb glass if I hit a good pothole or railroad tracks.
    It will pop the 15 amp fuse along with the bulb.
    With both not working it should be an easy find.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I would pull the lens off and check the bulb.
    all my FX's don't have yellow running lights just a red break and running from the 1157 bulb in the brake housing.
    My 2010 will snap a bulb glass if I hit a good pothole or railroad tracks.
    It will pop the 15 amp fuse along with the bulb.
    With both not working it should be an easy find.
    I could, just going off the fact that everything worked prior... then it started rattling apart after.

Also, this is an FLSTN.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I could, just going off the fact that everything worked prior... then it started rattling apart after.

Also, this is an FLSTN.
    Rattling apart. geesh its not a Shovel.

Yea, you have running front and back... I average about two rear bulbs a year since it was new. LOL
    I would bet its either a pinched or unplugged with along with a blown fuse or two.
    I keep telling myself to go to all LED and convert to rear running/turn lights with a blinker stop, I just am too lazy I guess.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Also, this is an FLSTN.
    71E14qAVWhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    This spring Fort Wayne Speed Shop installed an S&S Aluminum Intake Manifold, Oil Pump/Cam Plate, Pushrods and Covers, Tappets, Tappet Cuffs, 475C Cam & Cam Chain Tensioner. Fort Wayne Speed Shop also dyno tested the engine the after mods. I installed an S&S Mini Tear Drop Air Cleaner and Tab Performance Slip-on Mufflers. The FatBoy has just over 1000 miles since the mods and it is running strong. It’s been a great summer cruising the back roads…IMG_2503 - Copy.JPG

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'm not sold on the music while riding. I put a speaker on the ST1300 because the wife suggested it, but without road noise volume compensation i find it annoying as hell at stoplights. I've done earphones in helmet in the past and didn't care for that; felt it reduced my awareness. Do the factory systems auto control the volume? It would seem the harleys do not, as a casual observer of the steppenwolf enjoyers on the road.

Top Bottom