• Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The new GSA 1300 has that option:

bmw-go-clutchless-with-automated-shift-assistant-prototype-v0-sWIbdD8f5w_0yRZ2KiHlwQKK1Y7YYFDnHwNHqR_OkQA.jpg

I think it has a manual and automatic mode, with manual you just toe the shifter up/down with no clutch.
    Automatic is just that, put it in D and go.
    I don't think I could ever get used to it.

My GSA 1250 has the quick shifter option, no clutch pull required to bang through gears,
    You don't get off the throttle when shifting, just grab the next one... it's REALLY quick.
    I probably use it about 80% of the time while cruising around.
    It works better upshifting than downshifting, matching engine speed is a must
    when downshifting or it doesn't want to cooperate (probably a safety function).
    My Rupp mini bike had an automatic torque converter in 1971.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The new GSA 1300 has that option:

bmw-go-clutchless-with-automated-shift-assistant-prototype-v0-sWIbdD8f5w_0yRZ2KiHlwQKK1Y7YYFDnHwNHqR_OkQA.jpg

I think it has a manual and automatic mode, with manual you just toe the shifter up/down with no clutch.
    Automatic is just that, put it in D and go.
    I don't think I could ever get used to it.

My GSA 1250 has the quick shifter option, no clutch pull required to bang through gears,
    You don't get off the throttle when shifting, just grab the next one... it's REALLY quick.
    I probably use it about 80% of the time while cruising around.
    It works better upshifting than downshifting, matching engine speed is a must
    when downshifting or it doesn't want to cooperate (probably a safety function).
    gay-meter-meter.gif

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Finally made the time to go pick up the Honda CB160 today. Ended up with another rolling chassis and engine plus boxes of parts… someday soon hope to get to see if it runs AND I just did some trading to get my 1975 XS650 back. Hopefully that happens soon! It’s all there and all so far looks great. Title key and extra parts. The motor turns over freely with good compression. Miles are low and
    Jack approved!!65A8DAE1-515B-45A8-B739-737ED3AAA286.jpeg8DF81DF9-6EBD-44AF-B517-C93E4478A249.jpeg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm an old school H-D enthusiast from way back. This ain't old school. It's not the H-D brand of my youth.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I'm an old school H-D enthusiast from way back. This ain't old school. It's not the H-D brand of my youth.

I will go along with that! My first Harley was a 1973 Sportster back in the 1970's and my last was my 2004 FXSTS which I recently sold. Loved the 21" wheel on the front of the springer, elegant. So yes I also have always been "old school" when it comes to bikes.
    I was in a good size Harley dealership and they had a ton of new bikes and I didn't see a single one I could say I liked. They all had fat tires front and rear and some even had radiators, radios and computer screens. Couldn't even get into the one that was marked down to $48,000 from $51,500.
    These are all just my opinions and not meant to insult anyone's taste in Harleys if they are different than mine. I had two "Iron Head" Sportsters the 1973 and 1980 and I liked either better than my wife's 2005 883 Sportster. Jim.

Top Bottom