• ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Are you offering a free one?
    If I was, I would have said "Anyone want" not "Anyone have".
    To expand upon my original query for point of clarification, if anyone does indeed have a lift; I would be curious if you find it was worth the purchase, pros/cons and what brand it is.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I only have the low budget scissor type that a person using an impact, socket drive crank with an eccentric drive etc.
    I am on the fence about it since I bought the wheel jacks normally seen on metric bikes. I can remove both wheels, lube chain, etc. My bike only weighs 375lbs or so w/o the cat pipe and stock muff.
    One of the guys I know bought a hydraulic one off of marketplace but he has stuff he wrenches. I can do everything I need to with the pit stands.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    my new project for someday soon. 1965 CB160
    Bought new by my uncle and have no idea what it needs but I just bought it today and picking it up in the next couple of weeks
    Pictures are bad but low light and I wasn’t going to dig it out
    View attachment 365361View attachment 365362
    Very nice. I did a frame off on a 1966 CA160 some years ago.
    DSCF0024.JPG

ca160done.jpg

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    If I was, I would have said "Anyone want" not "Anyone have".
    To expand upon my original query for point of clarification, if anyone does indeed have a lift; I would be curious if you find it was worth the purchase, pros/cons and what brand it is.
    I have two, one is a Redline the other is a Titan. Bought them both used, so yes they are worth it to me, and I use them all the time. The Titan is heavier duty unit so that is the only one my big bike goes on anymore, but I have had it on both of them. Only real con I can think of is when you have heavy bikes it is not a one man job to put them on there. I will defiantly say if you are going to get one go with the buy once cry once attitude and get the best you can afford, also get the side extensions and you can use them for four wheelers and mowers etc....
    IMG_2155.JPGIMG_2062.JPG

Eric66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2024
    West Lafayette
    I ride every chance I can which usually translates to when the temp is above 60 and I'm not going to get wet on my way to or from work. (To work dry is mandatory, from work it's a preference). At the start of the season I take it out for a few short rides just to get the oil flowing. Other than that I am usually in my truck.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    23420C90-8FE6-4FAA-8164-FB288BA9765C.jpeg

Little jaunt over to the birthplace of James Dean.

Didn't get much time to look around. Better half got me about two minutes after I got off the bike and said she invited our oldest to dinner....Balls to the wall back home.

The little bobber will do at least 125 per the speedo....but that doesn't mean it's a fun 125.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    View attachment 365647

Little jaunt over to the birthplace of James Dean.

Didn't get much time to look around. Better half got me about two minutes after I got off the bike and said she invited our oldest to dinner....Balls to the wall back home.

The little bobber will do at least 125 per the speedo....but that doesn't mean it's a fun 125.
    Traffic cam caught you on your way home. Great form by the way, :thumbsup:

1720906658780.png

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    We did a ride out of Lacrosse IN today for Hobart Humane Society. Damn, it was hot. almost 200 miles by the time we got home and a bit of sun burn. The new bike is nice on open roads. Had deer pop out on us around 1pm. Brakes worked.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Came across this article in the WSJ recently....

Summation.... motorcycles are old and will pass away.

The comments on articles are always the best.

One opined that Harley Davidson should come up with a "duel clutch system" so you could ride without having to shift gears.

I could be 100% wrong... but I imagine the author of the statement "grew up" riding a bicycle with knee pads, elbow pads, and a helmet and cannot figure out how to drive a four wheeled vehicle that has three peddles let alone understand "counter steering", "engine braking" and "shift points".

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Looks like a big group of free wheeling liberty loving rebels.

LOL!
    It was, and the best part of the whole day was what looked to be an 80 year old man in his front yard in Monticello...
    standing at Present Arms as we rode by.

I had to bail about half way through the ride. Stopped to answer a call about VFW stuff and noticed my tail light about to fall off.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I’ve never been on a very long trip on my motorcycle as in out of state or multi state. My vintage crotch rocket isn’t exactly suited for long road trips, although many people with the same motorcycle and some hard bags on it frequently do it especially in Europe.

I may have to ride one of these rallies, someday just to experience it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    One opined that Harley Davidson should come up with a "duel clutch system" so you could ride without having to shift gears.

The new GSA 1300 has that option:

bmw-go-clutchless-with-automated-shift-assistant-prototype-v0-sWIbdD8f5w_0yRZ2KiHlwQKK1Y7YYFDnHwNHqR_OkQA.jpg

I think it has a manual and automatic mode, with manual you just toe the shifter up/down with no clutch.
    Automatic is just that, put it in D and go.
    I don't think I could ever get used to it.

My GSA 1250 has the quick shifter option, no clutch pull required to bang through gears,
    You don't get off the throttle when shifting, just grab the next one... it's REALLY quick.
    I probably use it about 80% of the time while cruising around.
    It works better upshifting than downshifting, matching engine speed is a must
    when downshifting or it doesn't want to cooperate (probably a safety function).

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, Honda had the Hondamatic 400 and i think a 750 back 40 years ago and they were super niche. I rode one and you do get used to it. Just a big scooter so that's where your mind adapts to. Had a buddy with one of those Helix 250 scooters in high school also. Thing would top out a 75 2up. That was really weird because of the pass through frame configuration but still fun. I think the goldwings have gone auto now.

Top Bottom