• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I had an 80 iron head. What a complete piece of ****. Couldn’t sell it fast enough and make it someone else’s problem.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Never messed with iron heads. Pan heads, shovel heads, were my bag and an evo. The newest and last model H-D I've ever had was a 1987 softail. Paid $7200 I believe back then brand new off the showroom floor.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Never messed with iron heads. Pan heads, shovel heads, were my bag and an evo. The newest and last model H-D I've ever had was a 1987 softail. Paid $7200 I believe back then brand new off the showroom floor.
    I had two Sportsters as a young man, a 900 and a chopped 1,000. I rode both of them to death. in 1980 I bought a new 80ci FXS low rider, in 1984 I bought another one. Both have made it through two divorces and kids growing up.
    My 80 FXS was $5,200 or right around there, out the door.

Reactions: KG1

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I tried to listen but I lost interest too much build up

Much quicker version. Logo change.

Not good....but better than celebrating mental illness and grooming children.. ...LOL

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not good....but better than celebrating mental illness and grooming children.. ...LOL
    Pretty much how I saw it. Going woke over a logo pales in comparison to what H-D did. H-D went full monty woke. Can't even really compare the two. but in saying that I'll agree that what Polaris/Indian did caving into the woke crowd over a logo wasn't a good look either in its own rights.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    HONDA CB 160 update: It runs, put a battery in it and some fresh gas, kicked it over to move things around and hit the key and starter and off it went. Ran ok! I had ordered some carb kits for it but they wont be here until next week. Was not risking taking them apart and not sealing up again. So I let it run for a bit and adjusted the idle and rode it down a mile or so and back.. What a fun bike to ride. The clean up is next, getting rid of all those years of gas stains and light corrosion.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    HONDA CB 160 update: It runs, put a battery in it and some fresh gas, kicked it over to move things around and hit the key and starter and off it went. Ran ok! I had ordered some carb kits for it but they wont be here until next week. Was not risking taking them apart and not sealing up again. So I let it run for a bit and adjusted the idle and rode it down a mile or so and back.. What a fun bike to ride. The clean up is next, getting rid of all those years of gas stains and light corrosion.
    Are the carb companies still making parts for them?
    I was mildly surprised when reading online that Amal carburetors still makes all parts up to new carbs for the 50's -70's British bikes.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    How is that Triumph doing?
    Haven't done a lot, I'm back down in the Crack of Mississippi at my aunts home.
    I've found the front tire and bearings I want and I'll order them and a new tube next week when I back home. I think the front drum brake is backwards with it works backing up and has nothing going forward. Lol

The longer I let it run the better it does run, seems after running 10-15 minutes I need to drop the idle down a 150 rpm of so.
    After tires and a few wires with new brake switches and hopefully have a brake ligh then. Maybe a few local rides in late August??

Top Bottom