• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Are the carb companies still making parts for them?
    I was mildly surprised when reading online that Amal carburetors still makes all parts up to new carbs for the 50's -70's British bikes.

I remember back in the day I had a 650 BSA so read as much as possible about the workings of English bikes. I remember one had a quote about Amal carburetors that I still remember. "You can get more horsepower out of an Amal than any other similar size carb, it is like a gas soaked rag in a two inch downspout." Jim.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I remember back in the day I had a 650 BSA so read as much as possible about the workings of English bikes. I remember one had a quote about Amal carburetors that I still remember. "You can get more horsepower out of an Amal than any other similar size carb, it is like a gas soaked rag in a two inch downspout." Jim.
    Yes, I had a 71 Tiger 650 as a kid. This 68 is so simple everywhere it can twist your mind up. People always ask, where's the battery?
    Lots of fun for sure.

Reactions: KG1

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My 2021 Africa Twin has a DCT and it’s about the eighth motorcycle I’ve owned but the first one without a clutch lever. About 6000 miles down the road and I wouldn’t go back.

The upshift and downshift points are programmed into four modes ranging from sedate to quite sporty. As shift modes become sportier, the bike revs out more on acceleration and downshifts earlier on deceleration.

There’s always the option of shifting manually, either full-time in manual mode or by temporarily overriding any of the preprogrammed shift modes. Manual shifting is done with upshift and downshift triggers on the left handlebar or with an optional kit to add a foot operated shift lever like a conventional motorcycle.

I have owned the motorcycle since new and it’s never skipped a beat, shifting or otherwise. My next bike will also be DCT probably a Gold Wing.

1722710061018.jpeg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not happy about it, but I'm going to be selling off a couple motorcycles and all my gear.

Left wrist pain/arthritis/degenerative joint conditions are forcing me to realize that I'm not going to be able to continue. Literally haven't ridden this season. I think I took a couple short rides around the block last season. So it's been 2 years of dealing with the wrist issue and no sign that a miracle is going to happen.

Both bikes are nearly identical. Same model, 2 years apart. 2016 and 2018. Both with DCT transmission.

This is not a formal "for sale" ad. I'll be selling the bikes on a Honda forum where I am a long standing member, but if anyone is interested you can send me a PM and I'll give INGO members first shot at this stuff.

2106 black Honda NC700 with DCT Transmission, (back bike in first photo below) Givi Side Cases and Givi rack system, Denali DRL running lights, Madstad 16" touring windshield, Corbin custom seat + original factory seat, original windscreen, Soupy's Adjustable Lowering kit, under 5000 miles.

2018 red/silver Honda NC750 (pictured below) with DCT Transmission, Hepco & Becker Gobi side & top case with H&B rack system that is quick detach, Denali DRL running lights, Madstad 18"touring windshield, custom Russell's Day Long Saddle, Honda Bike Pro "Dale's Rack" rear seat replacement, + original factory seats, original windscreen, under 8000 miles.

Going to be selling off my riding gear too, basically 1/2 price including shipping to continental US states. All in very good condition. All size Large: KLIM Induction Pro Jacket, upgraded Level 2 back protector, used 1 season, First Gear Kilimanjaro Jacket (4 years old, used 2 seasons), upgraded Level 2 back protector, KLIM Gore Tex Rain Jacket. Rev'it Tornado 2 riding pants. Couple different pairs of KLIM riding pants. Misc other stuff. Heck of a good pair of nearly new riding boots.

The lovely Mrs_Bob's gear is going to go too. She has a couple nice jackets, women's large. One rainproof, one fully ventilated. Upgraded pads and back protectors in hers too.

Not happy about this but reality is really setting in with regards to my left wrist and the future. There are just some things I am not going to be able to do. Hell I can barely hold a coffee cup in my left hand on bad days. Other days I can use a chain saw, but then I'm in pain for 2 days after I use it. So our dream of a "route 66" adventure will probably happen in a convertible car instead of on the bikes. At least we got in the Great Lakes Circle trip on the bikes, and that was a monumental adventure.

Figured these would be the last bikes I ever buy, figured they last me until I gave up riding (planned to do that in my 70's) but I'm giving up at 63, and realistically stopped at 61 since they have been sitting for 2 years.

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0349.jpeg

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not happy about it, but I'm going to be selling off a couple motorcycles and all my gear.

Left wrist pain/arthritis/degenerative joint conditions are forcing me to realize that I'm not going to be able to continue. Literally haven't ridden this season. I think I took a couple short rides around the block last season. So it's been 2 years of dealing with the wrist issue and no sign that a miracle is going to happen.

Both bikes are nearly identical. Same model, 2 years apart. 2016 and 2018. Both with DCT transmission.

This is not a formal "for sale" ad. I'll be selling the bikes on a Honda forum where I am a long standing member, but if anyone is interested you can send me a PM and I'll give INGO members first shot at this stuff.

2106 black Honda NC700 with DCT Transmission, (back bike in first photo below) Givi Side Cases and Givi rack system, Denali DRL running lights, Madstad 16" touring windshield, Corbin custom seat + original factory seat, original windscreen, Soupy's Adjustable Lowering kit, under 5000 miles.

2018 red/silver Honda NC750 (pictured below) with DCT Transmission, Hepco & Becker Gobi side & top case with H&B rack system that is quick detach, Denali DRL running lights, Madstad 18"touring windshield, custom Russell's Day Long Saddle, Honda Bike Pro "Dale's Rack" rear seat replacement, + original factory seats, original windscreen, under 8000 miles.

Going to be selling off my riding gear too, basically 1/2 price including shipping to continental US states. All in very good condition. All size Large: KLIM Induction Pro Jacket, upgraded Level 2 back protector, used 1 season, First Gear Kilimanjaro Jacket (4 years old, used 2 seasons), upgraded Level 2 back protector, KLIM Gore Tex Rain Jacket. Rev'it Tornado 2 riding pants. Couple different pairs of KLIM riding pants. Misc other stuff. Heck of a good pair of nearly new riding boots.

The lovely Mrs_Bob's gear is going to go too. She has a couple nice jackets, women's large. One rainproof, one fully ventilated. Upgraded pads and back protectors in hers too.

Not happy about this but reality is really setting in with regards to my left wrist and the future. There are just some things I am not going to be able to do. Hell I can barely hold a coffee cup in my left hand on bad days. Other days I can use a chain saw, but then I'm in pain for 2 days after I use it. So our dream of a "route 66" adventure will probably happen in a convertible car instead of on the bikes. At least we got in the Great Lakes Circle trip on the bikes, and that was a monumental adventure.

Figured these would be the last bikes I ever buy, figured they last me until I gave up riding (planned to do that in my 70's) but I'm giving up at 63, and realistically stopped at 61 since they have been sitting for 2 years.

View attachment 370745

View attachment 370746
    Sorry to hear about this.. I had to give up riding, myself several years ago after being a lifelong rider up until then due to health issues. It was one of the hardest things for me to give up too because it was one of my passions ever since I was in my teens.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If anyone is interested, here is listing for my bike.

I'll also be listing my wife's 2016 NC700x. Her's is not as customized as mine, but it has extra lights front/back. Givi side cases. Custom Corbin seat. Chain Oiler. New (under 600 miles/Michelin Road 5 tires). Touring windshield. And soon, it will have a brand new battery!!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sorry to hear about this.. I had to give up riding, myself several years ago after being a lifelong rider up until then due to health issues. It was one of the hardest things for me to give up too because it was one of my passions ever since I was in my teens.

My back is wrecked but I’m going to keep up as long as I can.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yep, that time will also suck in my house. I told the boys, when I can't kick them over, I will fog the engines, snatch the batterys out, drain the fuel and do a full fluid change. Not a chance will I ride a tri glide, not going to ****ing happen.
    Play with them when you can sons.

Reactions: KG1
    Top Bottom