• BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Air cooled guy here,
    Might want to stay off those scary gravel roads with that radiator behind that half fendered front tire.
    If it gets a hole in it, how long before it starts smoking like a 1972 Vega?

Asking for JCSR.

I don't do too much on gravel... not because I am worried about the radiator, but more so because I hate paint chips unless it is on a truck.

I've had the "grill" off a couple of times since I found it. Once when I was buying it. Again a while later when I was doing an oil change. As "open" as the grill looks, it actually works well. Not a even so much as a bent fin.

Another feature, and I know this may seem strange for you..... it maintains a steady oil level and pressure over thousands of miles.

1719185549153.png

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't do too much on gravel... not because I am worried about the radiator, but more so because I hate paint chips unless it is on a truck.
    Another feature, and I know this may seem strange for you..... it maintains a steady oil level and pressure over thousands of miles.

View attachment 361254
    So do my modern ones, its a bit different with 40 to 74 yr old technology.
    One will loose oil just lubing the chain. I have an 1980 FXS Shovel that doesn't leak, It took a long time to get it that way.
    That F'ing Triumph leaks like the rest of them.

I can call my brother, and ask him how well the original Indian motorcycle company bikes hold oil?

We should meet at the Shack in Tipton one day or evening, and talk about everyone else. I'll even act like, I like your motorcycle.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    One will loose oil just lubing the chain. I have an 1980 FXS Shovel that doesn't leak, It took a long time to get it that way.

I can call my brother, and ask him how well the original Indian motorcycle company bikes hold oil?

We should meet at the Shack in Tipton one day or evening, and talk about everyone else. I'll even act like, I like your motorcycle.
    FFS you two..... get a room! :gheyhi:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Is the Triumph running?

What about the garage find HD?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Is the Triumph running?

What about the garage find HD?
    The Triumph runs, title work is done, needs all new cables, tires, and a clutch rebuild that hopefully gets it easier to pull the lever. Maybe by fall??
    I'm trying not to put a boatload into that one.
    The 53 HD has not been touched as of yet, most likely the motor and trans will be gone about a year to get rebuilt or refreshed, strip, repaint, bearings, chrome, tires and everything else I will say, maybe by spring of 26 I'm guessing.
    If one of mine is really interested he will leave it as a bobber, if that happens it will be even longer.
    The local swap meets are coming soon, never know what can be found in Marion, Gas City or Fairmount. Ive bought two Shovels in Gas City in the last 10 years.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Speaking of Honda, one of my best buddies loved them... and for good reason.

The first one he got that was seriously fun was one of these....

View attachment 361289

Damn thing was a blast.

Damn, I miss that guy.

Buddy got rid of it to pick up an earlier bike.... one of these.

1719195167352.png

I recall "claimed top speed" was around 130.

Guy was a great mechanic. While most of the time were looking at cosmetics, he was screwing around with gear ratios, air intake, exhaust, and removing weight.

We had a friend with access to a radar gun. Clocked him at 145 on North Cline Avenue on a cool fall evening.

All slow by today's standards, but at that time it was guys doing homework and figuring out how it all fits together instead of just looking it up on youtube or some such.

I never had any personal interest in doing 145 on a bike, but loved being a helping hand on his bike.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Those 87/88 magnas were hot little cruisers. And that CBX - so cool. That was my favorite paint scheme too. I've had the pleasure of riding both of them.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Those 87/88 magnas were hot little cruisers. And that CBX - so cool. That was my favorite paint scheme too. I've had the pleasure of riding both of them.
    I guessed that they were using the same motor as the V-45 magna..? I have ridden both and the cbx had a aftermarket exhaust and the inline 6 had a howl. It was a smooth bike..!

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I guessed that they were using the same motor as the V-45 magna..? I have ridden both and the cbx had a aftermarket exhaust and the inline 6 had a howl. It was a smooth bike..!
    As I recall, the difference was the chassis layout - and I think only one letter in the code. Vf750 and vf750f maybe? Been a long time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Adam_G
    Top Bottom