• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Supposed to look at an 08 street glide last night, guy cancelled then message back and said someone else was coming to look at 7 and i could come also if i wanted. This was at 6:55... wtf? Love me some FB market place... Did manage to look at an electra over the weekend. It was ok, but i wasn't in love with it. If there was a decent ST1300 closer i'd just buy one of those and be done with it. Second guessing my actual needs and wants.
    I know where there's a real nice '08 Electra Glide, and all the money is going to the VFW National home...

IMG_0370.JPG

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I understand. Most places I worked didn't want oil leaked in every lot. :bash:
    After I ran that Triumph I dumped the 20+ year old black oil out of the engine and other than 7.3 Rotilla all I had was Amzoil 20-50 for my newer HD's.
    So thats what I filled it up with, I put synthetic in a 1968 British motorcycle.
    Another brain fart.
    I parked it in the shop and it was a few days before I was back in there. It acted like it was now identifying as a HD Shovelhead, must have been a pint on the floor. That night I ordered a few gallons of green 50wt oil.

I got safes that the Germans throw out the Austrians and Brazillions, American motorcycles that now teach the Brits on how to leak oil like them.

I'm ****ing doomed.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I know where there's a real nice '08 Electra Glide, and all the money is going to the VFW National home...

View attachment 357063

How much did the project raise?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I finally got to swing a leg over my Africa Twin and ride it to work and back. I drove my minivan to work in the morning, then went and got the bike at lunchtime.

For some strange reason the second half of the day went much better than the first half. Go figure.

Every time I get on the thing I’m like, wow, this is a really nice ride. In the middle of the afternoon one of my coworkers said “Hey, look out the window. Some dude is casing your bike”. Turns out he was just smoking it over, probably trying to figure what in the hell it was.

View attachment 357031
    Who doesn't know what a TAO TAO is?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    How much did the project raise?
    Nothing yet. We're actually in the hole... didn't sell enough tickets. Very close to breaking even though. However, we got very lucky in that the lady that won the bike donated it back to us. We're selling it, and that will bring us way over the top. We will be able to make a big fat donation to the VFW National home once it sells.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Nothing yet. We're actually in the hole... didn't sell enough tickets. Very close to breaking even though. However, we got very lucky in that the lady that won the bike donated it back to us. We're selling it, and that will bring us way over the top. We will be able to make a big fat donation to the VFW National home once it sells.
    Well done

Top Bottom