• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    One of life's changes coming. I have decided to sell the "Springer." Can't say what or why made me come to this decision this last weekend, guess it is just time. Been riding since 1972 and am now 77 years old and have had it out a few times this year I just don't ride it that much anymore. When I do go for a good ride I find more aches and pains showing up every time. I think the wife was on it once last year so her riding time is about done.
    I know the time is right because I don't feel sad or anything, I just know it will be different. I can also say there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bike, runs and looks great especially for a 2004. Not in a big hurry to sell, haven't started advertising it yet but will be taking some new pictures tomorrow or Friday then will put it the classifieds here and some other places.
    Anyone here know a good place to advertise that will reach a lot of people besides Marketplace and Craig's list. It has been a good life but like I said "It is time for the change." Jim.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    One of life's changes coming. I have decided to sell the "Springer." Can't say what or why made me come to this decision this last weekend, guess it is just time. Been riding since 1972 and am now 77 years old and have had it out a few times this year I just don't ride it that much anymore. When I do go for a good ride I find more aches and pains showing up every time. I think the wife was on it once last year so her riding time is about done.
    I know the time is right because I don't feel sad or anything, I just know it will be different. I can also say there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bike, runs and looks great especially for a 2004. Not in a big hurry to sell, haven't started advertising it yet but will be taking some new pictures tomorrow or Friday then will put it the classifieds here and some other places.
    Anyone here know a good place to advertise that will reach a lot of people besides Marketplace and Craig's list. It has been a good life but like I said "It is time for the change." Jim.
    Good luck with the sell. Seems you are comfortable with letting it go. Do you think you would ride something a little smaller just for fun?
    A few years ago I sold my RC51 for the same reasons. It hurt every time I rode it and I let it sit for longer periods of time. I was fine selling it until I saw it leave the house for it's last time. I regret to this day ever parting with it. I would love to just be able to go out in the garage and just look at it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Weather is warming up... skies are clear.

Perfect weather for night riding back roads... Damn glad I got the opportunity to do it!

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Shopping for a 2nd bike and it’s completely stressful. Thought I wanted a Harley now I’m second guessing and looking at st1300 and bmw 1200s. I’ve been on my vfr800 25 years and have had 15 other bikes in between at least…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Shopping for a 2nd bike and it’s completely stressful. Thought I wanted a Harley now I’m second guessing and looking at st1300 and bmw 1200s. I’ve been on my vfr800 25 years and have had 15 other bikes in between at least…
    I when with a CTX1300 because the ST1300 all the BMWs and the FJR1300 were just too tall for my old short legs.

overlook..jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Any suggestions for a shop to get a set of tires in the Indy area? I’m going to check with the Triumph dealer but wondering if a smaller shop might have better prices.

Top Bottom