• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Pondering buying a harley. It's official - i'm old.
    Well just make sure you do what all the young and old men that are first time Harley Davidson owners. Buy a bagger and install a kicking stereo with a 200 Amp Fosgate and play Steppinwolf loud enough for all to hear. While wearing shorts and a tank top.
    Look at me, look at me....

From an old Harley guy.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Supposed to look at an 08 street glide last night, guy cancelled then message back and said someone else was coming to look at 7 and i could come also if i wanted. This was at 6:55... wtf? Love me some FB market place... Did manage to look at an electra over the weekend. It was ok, but i wasn't in love with it. If there was a decent ST1300 closer i'd just buy one of those and be done with it. Second guessing my actual needs and wants.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I had an ST1300 and absolutely loved it.
    A smoother ride than either of my Goldwings, and the transmission was better than my 03 Wing.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I had an ST1300 and absolutely loved it.
    A smoother ride than either of my Goldwings, and the transmission was better than my 03 Wing.
    I was all in on a ST until I sat on one. Seat height and weight up high just wouldn't do it for me riding 2-up. So after a little research I ended up with CTX1300. At 5'8" I can flatfoot it and the fuel being carried under the seat makes it feel lighter than is actually is. Somewhat the same engine/trans with a tune for low/mid torque. It's still plenty quick when needed.

park..jpg

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Got to look at the street glide tonight there was a no go… been stored outside long-term lots of corrosion and lots of oxidation hard pass and it needed two new tires… just not taken care of well in general

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I was all in on a ST until I sat on one. Seat height and weight up high just wouldn't do it for me riding 2-up. So after a little research I ended up with CTX1300. At 5'8" I can flatfoot it and the fuel being carried under the seat makes it feel lighter than is actually is. Somewhat the same engine/trans with a tune for low/mid torque. It's still plenty quick when needed.

View attachment 357022
    That’s kind of intriguing actually, how’s the power?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I finally got to swing a leg over my Africa Twin and ride it to work and back. I drove my minivan to work in the morning, then went and got the bike at lunchtime.

For some strange reason the second half of the day went much better than the first half. Go figure.

Every time I get on the thing I’m like, wow, this is a really nice ride. In the middle of the afternoon one of my coworkers said “Hey, look out the window. Some dude is casing your bike”. Turns out he was just smoking it over, probably trying to figure what in the hell it was.

1717552913621.jpeg

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I finally got to swing a leg over my Africa Twin and ride it to work and back. I drove my minivan to work in the morning, then went and got the bike at lunchtime.

For some strange reason the second half of the day went much better than the first half. Go figure.

Every time I get on the thing I’m like, wow, this is a really nice ride. In the middle of the afternoon one of my coworkers said “Hey, look out the window. Some dude is casing your bike”. Turns out he was just smoking it over, probably trying to figure what in the hell it was.

View attachment 357031
    Once you got it to work did you park where you could peak out the window and see it? :rockwoot:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Once you got it to work did you park where you could peak out the window and see it? :rockwoot:
    I work in a cubicle farm (think Dilbertville). I do park outside my window but I sit with my back to it, which is really creepy when I have to work late. Then I want an opaque window shade.

I’ve actually thought about putting a rear-view mirror on my monitor.

Top Bottom