• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    having just finished another mini, I'll say its the best training and the most fun you can get for 10.00 anywhere. Its always a pleasure shooting with you guys. its also always great to meet new people from ingo.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    With our teaching of early American history we offer a BASIC rifle marksmanship course. Most of our shooting is done at 25m (82') and 22's are cheap to operate being all you need for 25m.
    If we are at a range which has longer distances available we may on Sundays move the centerfire shooters over so they can confirm that the skills used at 25m work at 100 - 500 yds.

Because this is a basic course we would like to see iron sights, HOWEVER...... bring what you can work with and we will teach you to use it effectively. If you need optics, fine.

Come on out to one of our weekend shoots or even a Mini to dispel all rumors. I think you will enjoy it.

Had a great shoot today with 13 shooters on the line. I think they all had fun, I know we four instructors did with instructing and even getting a little trigger time in ourselves.

It was a great day! Not too hot, not too cold, the weather was beautiful... I wasn't sure I was really at an Appleseed! :lmfao: It's been two months since I fired a round and I was seriously jonesing... :nailbite: :ar15:

Appleseed: More fun and more legal, but almost as addictive as crack! (and no, I don't mean anything to do with plumbers' :moon: !)

See you next month! :D

Blessings,
    Bill

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Update on Cloverdale Shoots

Mini Shoots:
    July 18th - new- changed from the 11th
    Aug 15th
    Sept 12th - new - added
    Oct 17th
    Nov 14th
    Dec 19th

Full Appleseed: Sept 26/27

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I want to try to make it to one soon. Can't do the 18th. But can probably make it to the August one. Although that is my birthday.... we'll see.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I presently have 4 firm signed up for the July 18th mini.

This is a good prep/warm up for the full Appleseed at Reily on the following weekend.

Have room for 20 shooters! Come one - come all

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Another Cloverdale mini tomorrow and I believe we are setting the record for beautiful weather in July this weekend...

Come on, who else is coming out, you won't even have to sweat!

Hawkhavn

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Yes, 0915 hrs start time.

Only 5 shooters signed up for a great time tomorrow.
    Will be concentrating on the basics = Steady hold factors, 6 steps in firing the shot, NPOA, IMC, talking targets.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    <sniff sniff> What's that smell in the air coming from Cloverdale? Sure smells like apples and gunpowder to me, and that's the smell of freedom! :patriot:

Who's joining us on the 12th? :ar15:

Shooters! Your preparation period begins NOW!

Blessings,
    Bill

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    <sniff sniff> What's that smell in the air coming from Cloverdale? Sure smells like apples and gunpowder to me, and that's the smell of freedom! :patriot:

Who's joining us on the 12th? :ar15:

Shooters! Your preparation period begins NOW!

Blessings,
    Bill

At this point, it's looking like I will be making it to this event. It will be my first Appleseed of any kind. I do not have a .22 RIFLE but I was led to believe there will be loaners. I will see you there!

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Only have two signed up for the 12th mini! Maybe if we fry up some bacon to go with the apples and gun powder :dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    At this point, it's looking like I will be making it to this event. It will be my first Appleseed of any kind. I do not have a .22 RIFLE but I was led to believe there will be loaners. I will see you there!

There are usually loaners, but the only way to make sure you have one there for you is to ask in advance. ;)

And yes, I'll have one you can borrow. It may be the one I'm getting the extended mag release onto this week, but one way or the other, there will be a scoped rifle you can use. I'm a little short of ammo, though, so if you can find a couple of boxes (200-300 rounds or so) of CCI Mini-Mag in .22LR, it would be a good thing.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Only have two signed up for the 12th mini! Maybe if we fry up some bacon to go with the apples and gun powder :dunno:
    Only TWO??

C'mon, INGO!! Surely there're more than two Americans interested in our country's history and their own personal marksmanship!

Keep your eyes on the prize....
    Rifleman_Patch_lg.jpg

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom