• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have 5 shooters including myself tentatively committed for the mini on the 14th. we shouldn't need any loaner rifles. all have previously attended a mini.

I will not be able to attend. Three AS in one month is all I can manage. I have expended too much domestic capitol already, I have winter chores to complete before I attend Ft Wayne and Riley this month.

Unforgiven1203 is Indiana's own personal seventh stepper. You are right there with Revere, Dawes, and Prescott, riding hard to spread the alarm. Your efforts are commendable D, and have not gone un-noticed. My hat's off to you. :patriot:

DAve

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Unforgiven1203 is Indiana's own personal seventh stepper. You are right there with Revere, Dawes, and Prescott, riding hard to spread the alarm. Your efforts are commendable D, and have not gone un-noticed. My hat's off to you. :patriot:

DAve

I can't improve on that statement! It says it all. I'd better call in some additional instructor staff to keep up with unforgiven1203's recruiting.

"I'd buy a passenger van to haul people there................if I thought I could fill it up!"

The way your going, I think you had better start saving your pennies!

That brings us up to 8 shooters for the 14th. I can put 25 shooters on the line. Anyone else interested?

Dave

Chefcook

Shooter
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    If ya got room for a big fat patriotic dude, :D I may be able to attend next Saturday. I hope to know for sure by mid week if that will not be too late to register. I have my 10/22 prepped as well as my AR, However I may not have time to hit the range and sight them in before hand...

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    If Darwin gets enough to fill a pass van, I have a mini bus, sitting, ready to transport men rifles and ammo. Lets all, Riflemen and just visitors to the site do all we can to take the seventh step, tell someone and invite them to an Appleseed. If we do, transportation will not be a problem, parking will. :patriot: Don

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If Darwin gets enough to fill a pass van, I have a mini bus, sitting, ready to transport men rifles and ammo. Lets all, Riflemen and just visitors to the site do all we can to take the seventh step, tell someone and invite them to an Appleseed. If we do, transportation will not be a problem, parking will. :patriot: Don
    ^^This.

But you hit it exactly, Don; as much as I like doing the minis and as much good as I think they do, it's not the minis (the subject of this thread) that we need to get them to, it's the full Appleseed weekends (as you said). I would love to see every IN shoot in 2010 be completely sold out with a waiting list.

How about it, INGO... who's up for a drink from the firehose?

Blessings,
    Bill

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Chefcoook

We have room. Just confirm if you can make it.

"it's the full Appleseed weekends"
    Blessings,
    Bill

As a reminder to all - the mini is just an intro to the Appleseed program. Your not going to learn it all at a mini!

Please check out our full shoots this month and plan to attend one at Fort Wayne or Riley. you will not be disappointed.

Dave

Last edited:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Weatherman states partly cloudy w/high of 61, low of 41.

It's going to be nice. Have 8 shooters on the schedule with room for more. If your not hunting come join us!

Dave

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Weatherman states partly cloudy w/high of 61, low of 41.

It's going to be nice. Have 8 shooters on the schedule with room for more. If your not hunting come join us!

Dave

I'll be hunting....

And Redcoats are ALWAYS in season, with no bag limit!

Shooters! Your preparation period begins NOW!

Blessings,
    Bill

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Target line is set up and waiting for use!

If you are wondering what Appleseed is all about - come on out an discover a rifle skill you never knew existed.

We will introduce you to the skills needed to hit a 20" target @ 500yds, then sign up for a full shoot at Riley the 28/29 to learn and polish the skills that are within the abilities of everyone.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I wont be able to make it. I just learned 5 mins ago that I am going to Illinois for Thanksgiving Dinner. We were told it was next weekend epic FAIL.. I am none to happy about this...:xmad::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I wont be able to make it. I just learned 5 mins ago that I am going to Illinois for Thanksgiving Dinner. We were told it was next weekend epic FAIL.. I am none to happy about this...:xmad::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

Sokay. There are 4 scheduled full shoots at Cloverdale next year and more at other sites not yet approved but 95+% likely. Your time will come. :thumbsup:

Blessings,
    Bill

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Beautiful day to be Appleseeding!

Six shooters on the line. Ran the usual Red Coat, on to 4 MOA squares. After lunch a few more squares, a Green target , then the QDAQT!

Our two new shooters, Troy_mp and his girl friend showed great improvement. And she was working with a rifle that was to big for her. Both w/excellent groups.

Unforgiven1203, his dad and nephew Dereck, plus friend Steve rounded out the line.

A great group of shooters and a fun day of instructing. Bill and I both thank you all for sharing the day with us. :patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Beautiful day to be Appleseeding!

Six shooters on the line. Ran the usual Red Coat, on to 4 MOA squares. After lunch a few more squares, a Green target , then the QDAQT!

Our two new shooters, Troy_mp and his girl friend showed great improvement. And she was working with a rifle that was to big for her. Both w/excellent groups.

Unforgiven1203, his dad and nephew Dereck, plus friend Steve rounded out the line.

A great group of shooters and a fun day of instructing. Bill and I both thank you all for sharing the day with us. :patriot:

"Improvement", he says. Yeah. She never shot a rifle before today. Ever. Has shot shotgun and a couple of (big) pistols.

A borrowed rifle, too big for her. Never seen, much less practiced, a couple of the positions we use.

Alas, I did not get pictures of her Redcoat, nor her AQT. I did tell her that as well as she did on the Redcoat, it would be the worst she shot today. God I love being right about stuff like that. ;)

Targeting squares:

11142009024-labeled.jpg

AQT score: 196

A mere FOURTEEN points from shooting a Rifleman score!

This program works.

This program ROCKS! :rockwoot:

My thanks to Dave, Cloverdale Conservation Club, and most of all, our shooters.

Blessings,
    Bill

unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    it really was a great day for a shoot!
    it got even better after I got home. I reviewed our calculations on my AQT and I 'm glad to say my 208 is actually a 213! My first centerfire expert score! of course I'll be back in december to back my score up! Thanks to Usafe7ret for continuing to host these shoots.

I know I really look forward to these mini's,they are a great way to keep your skills sharp between appleseeds or introduce new shooters prior to attending a full "seed".

x10

Master
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Are there slots left for the Dec 19th APL, I really want to get my son to one and this is the first day of vacation for him, (12 yrold) I don't have to shoot, but he's not very up on work or cold weather so I need to start on him now if theres a slot

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Are there slots left for the Dec 19th APL, I really want to get my son to one and this is the first day of vacation for him, (12 yrold) I don't have to shoot, but he's not very up on work or cold weather so I need to start on him now if theres a slot

Can he be safe on a firing line? If he can follow range safety commands, he can come shoot. If his attitude is teachable, so much the better, but our primary concern is safety. If someone shows up for a mini, we will do our best with everyone there. Barring word otherwise from usafe7ret, I would say "Come on, and I look forward to seeing you there."

I do not expect it to be warm. Dress for the weather; we shoot unless it is unsafe to do so (like the famous mini from this past February, when we could not clear the barrels, the snow was falling so fast, hard, and horizontally.)

I recommend stretching. Get down on the floor for a few minutes each night... 15 or so.. and practice the sitting and prone positions.

And, as I say so often when speaking of an upcoming event:

Shooters! Your preparation period begins NOW!

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom