• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    New show time....

Please note new start time for the mini's of 9:15 AM. After briefings shooting will start at 1000, will go to 4 PM at the latest.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    There is an Appleseed shoot in the Lafayette area on April 18-19. However, as this time it is sold out, the second one in the country sold out for that weekend. Cloverdale is close to being sold out as well on the same date.

Plenty of room left (right now) at Evansville and Wabash. There is also another shoot the following weekend at Riley/Terre Haute.

Hawkhavn

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Any brave souls

ready for March 28th? Send me a PM if interested so can get an idea of instructor requirements. I'm the only instructor in Cloverdale area and the Appleseed season is starting to get busy! We are all volunteers and need to schedule our time accordingly.

Have a full Appleseed on the 21st & 22nd in Evansville. April 18/19 is very busy nation wide with four scheduled in Indiana alone, followed by Riley April 25/26.

Last edited:
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Dave,

I am eager to get in on a Mini, but the 28th is the weekend of the USPSA Single Stack and Production match at Riley, so I will be busy all weekend. I look forward to working with you again, perhaps on April 19th.

Best wishes,
    Josh

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dave,

I am eager to get in on a Mini, but the 28th is the weekend of the USPSA Single Stack and Production match at Riley, so I will be busy all weekend. I look forward to working with you again, perhaps on April 19th.

Best wishes,
    Josh
    Yes, +1, ditto

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    ..."Have a full Appleseed on the 21st & 22nd in Evansville. April 18/19 is very busy nation wide with four scheduled in Indiana alone, followed by Riley April 25/26."

I just registered my DH & I for the 21/22 Apr shoot.
    See you there?
    Anyone caravanning down there? (we're from ~south side of Indy)

Last edited:

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Pamcake,

I'll be there, for sure, be great to meet you and your DH. Who else is going to be at E'ville on March 21-22?

Hawkhavn

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Those of you Appleseed bound and those interested - please check out "Support our Sponsors" Appleseed post.

Any questions? PM me, techres, or hawkhavn.

We are on for the Mini-Appleseed this Saturday the 28th.
    Rain gear anyone? Be prepared for the weather.

Dave

JByer323

Expert
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Bought a couple of bricks of ammo today.

I hope it won't throw a wrench in the process too badly, but my rifle may not be sighted in when I get there. Techsight sent me a new front base, since it looks like I have an over sized dovetail and an undersized front sight. I've got the thing, but with the new job, haven't put it in yet. I'll do it tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll make it to the range or not...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Another successful shoot! Thanks to Hawkhavn for coming in and usafe7ret for hosting us, and especially thanks to all who came to shoot. We had one INGO member increase his Rifleman score and one who scored Rifleman for the first time with an instructor present.

It is not my place to speak for the other man, however, I hope I will not seem too boastful if I use this space to report that I was the latter (just barely.) :D

I also brought home an Orange Hat.

So who's next? Why not YOU?! Yes, YOU, the one reading this! There are plenty of opportunities to come shoot with us. There are spots on the line at Wabash and at Evansville still standing open for April 18-19, 2009, when Appleseed will be attempting a record number of shooters on the line at the same time, nationwide-We have over 1000 shooters lined up now- Come and see if you truly know what you are about!

Oh... Anybody need a used frying pan? The cook has accepted a new position. :D :rockwoot:
    Rifleman.jpg

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Congratulations to the new Orange Hat wearer!!

Yes, it was a very good shoot. Two Rifleman scores and another four shooters could be there very soon.

Next Mini Appleseed is May 30th.

Of the four full Appleseeds in Indiana for April 18/19 two are sold out - Cloverdale and Lafayette. Evansville and Wabash still have openings on the line. Then we have Riley on the 25/26 of April.

Come join us

Chefcook

Shooter
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I would like info on the mini Appleseed coming up...I picked up a 10/22 today and hope to get to the range with it soon. I don't have either of my rifles set up for an Appleseed yet but hope to by the end of May....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Had a great day. Thanks to our instructors and congrats again to the Riflemen and new Orange Hat.:yesway:

After hearing about the weather during the last mini, today was just fine.;)

The day's training was very helpful in solidifying the techniques and positions I need to practice for the Appleseed. I also received some great tips and reminders that made an impact on my... point of impact.:)

I also enjoyed the stories and discussion during lunch and look forward to more.

Excellent job everyone!:patriot:

JByer323

Expert
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Glad all you guys had a good time, I have a new job, and they asked me to work a double training shift today (last night they asked). Oh well, later I guess, but my LTR is sad now.

Top Bottom