• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Get mad if you want. When the first set of post I see are about how it was a mexican this and that. How should I take it? And onto the rock thing, lets say Im walking by your house and your kid thinks it would be fun to try and hit me with a rock and throws one, how would you feel if I put a .40 cal through his chest.

I'll go ahead and answer for you, you would want my head on a spit period. End of story. Think what you want it was kid that is now dead, because a rock, is a strong and moves a fast and hard a piece of lead coming out of a pistol.

Are you reading what you write? The attack doesn't have to be with a bullet for the police to respond with a bullet. By your logic, no one would be allowed to shoot back if an attacker were armed only with a knife, a club, a rock or a broken bottle. Self defense doesn't equate to a fair fight; if a person uses deadly force to attack another, then that person is justified in using deadly force to protect themself.

Read the thread that Tuoder posted about the little boy who shot an intruder that was holding a box cutter to his mom's throat? Would you call that a bad shoot too? Should the little kid have armed himself with a knife instead so that it would be a fair fight?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Get mad if you want. When the first set of post I see are about how it was a mexican this and that. How should I take it? And onto the rock thing, lets say Im walking by your house and your kid thinks it would be fun to try and hit me with a rock and throws one, how would you feel if I put a .40 cal through his chest.

I'll go ahead and answer for you, you would want my head on a spit period. End of story. Think what you want it was kid that is now dead, because a rock, is a strong and moves a fast and hard a piece of lead coming out of a pistol.

its a lot different when your surrounded by an angry mob of semi-adults who can actualy throw a heavy rock hard enough to kill you, and you repeatedly tell them to cease and you cant run away.

It was a justifiable shooting. period. I hope it happens more often.

"oh he said he hopes more people die and hes fine with that, oh, shame shame"

DAMN STRAIT!!!! saved you a post. kill em all, let the earth worms sort em out. NOT WELCOME HERE!!!! ILLEGAL INVADER PIECES OF CRAP!

oh did you also forget these were drug smuglers?? so they belong to organizations who have killed many Americans and will continue to do so unless stopped. This wasnt an innocent child. ME AND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS are NUMBER ONE. NUMERO UNO PUNTAS!!! get it in your heads you illegal mexican scum.

Last edited:

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Are you reading what you write? The attack doesn't have to be with a bullet for the police to respond with a bullet. By your logic, no one would be allowed to shoot back if an attacker were armed only with a knife, a club, a rock or a broken bottle. Self defense doesn't equate to a fair fight; if a person uses deadly force to attack another, then that person is justified in using deadly force to protect themself.

Read the thread that Tuoder posted about the little boy who shot an intruder that was holding a box cutter to his mom's throat? Would you call that a bad shoot too? Should the little kid have armed himself with a knife instead so that it would be a fair fight?

Now the box cutter to moms thoart is a definite life or death, And im not saying make it a fair fight. Im bringing it home, for everyone. What everyone is failing to realize is that the fact that this kid was mexican is playing a big factor in the responses people are giving. Wouldn't you agree look at Rangers post and a score of others. But Im the racist. You are right on about the deadly force, but lets see how that works when were not killing mexican.

Oh and Ranger I didn't realize you knew this kid and his habits, or all mexicans drug dealing POS?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Now the box cutter to moms thoart is a definite life or death, And im not saying make it a fair fight. Im bringing it home, for everyone. What everyone is failing to realize is that the fact that this kid was mexican is playing a big factor in the responses people are giving. Wouldn't you agree look at Rangers post and a score of others. But Im the racist. You are right on about the deadly force, but lets see how that works when were not killing mexican.

Oh and Ranger I didn't realize you knew this kid and his habits, or all mexicans drug dealing POS?

Why is it rascist? Why does the race of the rock thrower matter more than the act of throwing a rock at a police officer. When a weapon is directed at anyone, the race of the thrower no longer matters in light of the act of directing deadly force at another human being.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Eddy is right.

Tambien, lo ciento mucho. Soy un pinche gringo estupido y no entiendo nada de la cultura mexicana.

:gheyhi: Welcome to reality.

Now that I look at it, this smiley is really disturbing.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What everyone is failing to realize is that the fact that this kid was mexican is playing a big factor in the responses people are giving. Wouldn't you agree look at Rangers post and a score of others. But Im the racist. You are right on about the deadly force, but lets see how that works when were not killing mexican.

What a crock. Every few months or so there's a story about some dumbass kid pointing a toy gun at an officer, or attempting to mug someone with same, or attacking with no more than fists and feet, and getting shot for his trouble. I've defended the shooters in public forums, no matter the race of the shooter or the kid. Massad Ayoob used to have (maybe still has) a regular column in one of the gun rags where he does the same. I'm sure there are others here who've put in the work on appropriate uses of deadly force, defended folks in what to the layman would be a "questionable" shoot, and so forth.

I'm sure there are also some who call it a good shoot as long as the one shot is a "towelhead" or a "wetback" or whatever, but they are a minority.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Guys, the video is out. I think this puts the fed's cover story to rest.

Border agent's claim about shooting sparks dispute - CNN.com

Now if the police could only uninvent video.:D
    Hmm... the video doesn't really have the resolution to show rocks being thrown, and it seems to have been filmed by an epileptic hamster. I will be the first to reverse my position if a better video can show that rocks weren't flying around the officer's head, but at the moment I don't think this one really seals the deal either way.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Kirk, I watched the video and to be honest I have no clue as to what happened on there.

Agreed, I don't think it proves or disproves anything. The only thing the video proves is that there were foreign invaders on American soil and an American Federal agent was trying to stop them.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Can't tell a thing from the video other than someone was pointing a gun and then a shot is heard. Irregardless, I will stand with the Border Patrol Agent anytime! Yes I'm intolerant!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Expat, true, we could have a Rules of Engagement situation or an altered video.

However, if the video can be trusted (not saying it should not be cross-examined), it does put to rest the cover story of "oh, um, yeah, they were throwing rocks at me when I shot him in the back running away."

I predict Officer Dangle will come up with a back-up cover story before the end of the day or the feds will just clam up and hope that paying off will make it go away (a la Sammy Weaver).

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

the fact that they are mexican isnt my main reason to hate them. its the fact that they are illegal invading criminals, who are no good to my country. they dont belong here. i dont see why there is even a discusion on this.

the kid was a known smuggler it said in reports so thats why i said that about the kid earlier.
    believe me im the first to cry foul if i think a cop is out of line, but i truely believe this was justified.
    i think we should shoot them just for crossing the border, so the fact that they were throwing rocks is a double wammy.

In the video you can hear them say "theyre throwing rocks" in spanish. thats the voice of MEXICANS not police trying to lie

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    the fact that they are mexican isnt my main reason to hate them. its the fact that they are illegal invading criminals, who are no good to my country. they dont belong here. i dont see why there is even a discusion on this.

the kid was a known smuggler it said in reports so thats why i said that about the kid earlier.
    believe me im the first to cry foul if i think a cop is out of line, but i truely believe this was justified.
    i think we should shoot them just for crossing the border, so the fact that they were throwing rocks is a double wammy.

In the video you can hear them say "theyre throwing rocks" in spanish. thats the voice of MEXICANS not police trying to lie

And by way of counterpoint, I disagree with almost all of our border control/immigration policies, but I'm defending the officer on the basis of my belief that this was a righteous shoot justified by self-defense. It doesn't take a pro-cop or anti-Mexican or even anti-illegal-immigrant stance (of which I have none) to see this as being a probable good shoot.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I couldn't tell much from the video either. He did not appear to be surrounded. I did catch this in the article below the video clip:

"They're throwing rocks," witnesses screaming in Spanish can be heard in the background of the video as the officer opens fire. "They hit him ... they hit him."

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    And your getting penetrated by bubba in prison.

You seem to think convictions are guaranteed. They're not.

You see, *I* might end up on his jury. Or anybody else that would shoot a rock-throwing punk-ass bastard might end up on his jury. It only takes one out of twelve.

He'll walk. That is, if it even gets to trial in the first place.

So you'd better teach your kids to NOT throw rocks at people. Some of us will shoot them for it.

Now... if the border patrol agent in this story we're talking about wasn't actually being pelted by rocks, then he definitely shouldn't have opened fire, and SHOULD be prosecuted. It's a shame the only video anybody has found is so poor we can't tell either way.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Eddie, yes, I can understand Spanish and perhaps the video is of such resolution that we cannot see the rocks, but

U.S. authorities said Tuesday a Border Patrol agent was defending himself and colleagues when he fatally shot the 15-year-old as officers came under a barrage of big stones while trying to detain illegal immigrants on the U.S. side of the Rio Grande.

one would think such a barrage would be visible on the video near the agent. I see no such stones, but:

1. Perhaps it is necessary to clean up the resolution (you know, like on NCIS. Get on it, McGee.).

2. Perhaps this barrage of big stones is journalistic hyperbole.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Eddie, yes, I can understand Spanish and perhaps the video is of such resolution that we cannot see the rocks, but

one would think such a barrage would be visible on the video near the agent. I see no such stones, but:

1. Perhaps it is necessary to clean up the resolution (you know, like on NCIS. Get on it, McGee.).

2. Perhaps this barrage of big stones is journalistic hyperbole.

I agree that he did not appear to be surrounded and I can't see any rocks being thrown in the video. I was just pointing out the quote from the article that accompanied the video clip.

Top Bottom