• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Eddie, yes, I can understand Spanish and perhaps the video is of such resolution that we cannot see the rocks, but

one would think such a barrage would be visible on the video near the agent. I see no such stones, but:

I don't think so, necessarily. In the video, people's heads are about the smallest objects one can make out. You can see the agent's arm extended, but I for one can't make out his gun or hand. I would surmise that rocks being thrown would be about fist-sized at biggest, so it doesn't surprise me that they're not readily discernible.

And video "enhancement" a la movies/TV is a whole lot of BS, btw. In fact, anything you see being done with a computer can pretty much be discounted as flatly impossible, highly improbable, or greatly exaggerated. That's not to say that computers don't help investigations; they just don't generally do things that make interesting TV.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Fletch, regarding computer "enhancement", I understand just trying to inject a little humor (Humor? On the Internet?) and the NCIS reference allows me to post a photo such as . . . this:

Ziva_David.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I never thought about the poor Mexicans having the ability to fake video until I watched a show last year. It was one of those series type shows, this one was on debunking UFOs. Someone had dummied up the cell phone video and apparently had done a pretty sophisticated job doing it. It took actual experts to find what the guy had done.

I should add that I am not suggesting that is what happened here, just replying to Kirk's mention of the possibility.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Get mad if you want. When the first set of post I see are about how it was a mexican this and that. How should I take it? And onto the rock thing, lets say Im walking by your house and your kid thinks it would be fun to try and hit me with a rock and throws one, how would you feel if I put a .40 cal through his chest.

I'll go ahead and answer for you, you would want my head on a spit period. End of story. Think what you want it was kid that is now dead, because a rock, is a strong and moves a fast and hard a piece of lead coming out of a pistol.

Seriously?

images.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I cant tell crap from the video. But I do see that they posted this translation from the video which seems to support the officer.

"They're throwing rocks," witnesses screaming in Spanish can be heard in the background of the video as the officer opens fire. "They hit him ... they hit him."

Until there is actual proof that the officer was not attacked I support the officer. And I could care less if the assailant was Mexican, Black, White or Green, 15 or 50.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We need to remember also that it wasn't just one assailant it was a gang (my word for unknown quantity greater than one) that was attacking this officer. Junior was just lucky to become the famous one.

Personally I don't care what color, nationality, etc that the assailant was, he was in a group of people that was in the process of attacking a U.S. citizen doing his job. I'm not anti-mexican I'm anti-illegal.

On another note does anybody remember the old commercials they used to run on t.v. back in the 60's? The ones about alien residents and how they used to remind them to register, they always had some generic characters in the commercials that were always well dressed. At the time I was too young to understand what they were talking about when they were talking about aliens, I never saw any antennae sticking out of their heads and I never saw one try to suck somebodys face off. Can you imagine running those commercials today and all of the lawsuits that would result?

What have we come to?

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Get mad if you want. When the first set of post I see are about how it was a mexican this and that. How should I take it? And onto the rock thing, lets say Im walking by your house and your kid thinks it would be fun to try and hit me with a rock and throws one, how would you feel if I put a .40 cal through his chest.

I'll go ahead and answer for you, you would want my head on a spit period. End of story. Think what you want it was kid that is now dead, because a rock, is a strong and moves a fast and hard a piece of lead coming out of a pistol.
    I probably would want your head on a stake. But we are not talking about a lone kid throwing a rock because they think it would be funny. We are talking about a mob of people throwing large stones with the intent to injure those that have been charged with protecting the border.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    This is a very tough situation for me to really say that I agree with everything the border patrol did. In no way should the kid have been throwing rocks at them or anything along those lines. However, I am not sure that deadly force was the best choice in this case but I can't think of another resolution short of the agents fleeing from rock throwers. I am not a fan of that idea either! The kid took his life in his own hands by assaulting the Border Patrol agents and the end result is what happens when you take that step.

Now, the situation after with the Mexican officers and others was ridiculous. This is a time when the leaders of our federal government should step in and inflict harsh penalties onto Mexico for their agents drawing and pointing firearms at our agents on the american side. This is not the DMZ in Korea but I personally would not mind seeing that occur with our troops along the border so that real security can be achieved.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    How is this even an arguement? The little scumbag was committing an act that was harmful to another human, who was lawful.

SOL, you are making this into a race issue, which would be a very bad road for you to take considering the known facts of illegals.
    The mere existance of an "Illegal alien" in America suggest that he is committing crimes against the citizenship just for being here; nevermind other crimes he's committing, drug sales, murder, robbery, rape etc.

And your getting penetrated by bubba in prison.

As much as I disdain the criminality of 'convicts', I cant help but think of the individuals who go to jail and get raped, over a charge that really never warranted going to jail, like those who rightiously self defended themselves, typical in B/E's

Whose raping who in Prision?

So Im curious, because you make race an issue, and seem to think very ill of Whites, was that intended to scare White people into not doing they're job, in fear they might get a Slow Puncture
    Back in my prison days, there was a term "slow puncture" that referred to a cruel way to murder another inmate. A "slow puncture" meant giving an inmate HIV, via means you can surely imagine, and letting him die a slow, painful death from AIDS.

Link
    from bubba?:n00b:

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    How is this even an arguement? The little scumbag was committing an act that was harmful to another human, who was lawful.

SOL, you are making this into a race issue, which would be a very bad road for you to take considering the known facts of illegals.
    The mere existance of an "Illegal alien" in America suggest that he is committing crimes against the citizenship just for being here; nevermind other crimes he's committing, drug sales, murder, robbery, rape etc.

As much as I disdain the criminality of 'convicts', I cant help but think of the individuals who go to jail and get raped, over a charge that really never warranted going to jail, like those who rightiously self defended themselves, typical in B/E's

So Im curious, because you make race an issue, and seem to think very ill of Whites, was that intended to scare White people into not doing they're job, in fear they might get a Slow Puncture from bubba?:n00b:[/quote

Nordic we have been down this path, as already stated I have nothing against white people, Im white, just as much as I am black. You keep telling me what I think of whites, read the other thread that we were on together, so I don't repeat myself. You really think Im trying to scare white people, who said it was a white border patrol agent that shot the kid. Not I. I don't know if he was and dont care. In addition thats why I gave that hypothetical situation, to take the fact that it was a mexican out of it, and put the incident between two Americans, to see if everyone still feels the same way.
    And yet all Ive gotten so far is attacked and not one answer, if the responses would be the same.

I have learned while browsing through my rep, that most of those folks lack the basic intellegence to debate their point and instead resort to name calling. I find that funny.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    I probably would want your head on a stake. But we are not talking about a lone kid throwing a rock because they think it would be funny. We are talking about a mob of people throwing large stones with the intent to injure those that have been charged with protecting the border.

No what we are talking about is the other folks on here saying that a rock beign thrown at you is cause for deadly force. That is exactly what was written, so using that theory, it applies here in our country too, correct?

The point is if you shot someone for throwing a rock at you, you have a very high chance of going to prison.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "A" rock being thrown at you "may" not be a cause for using deadly force or it may be, unfortunately there are many scenarios available to argue both ways. Intent plays a big part in any decision we make every minute of our lives. I "think" the intent of the persons involved on the rock slinging side was to do harm to the people on the rock receiving side. After verbal warnings to stop the attack the agent apparently felt endangered by the situation and took appropriate action to defend himself. Remember it wasn't a single person slinging rocks but several, he could have very well been injured or killed by somebody on his blindside while paying attention to someone else. He took control of the situation, junior lost, end of stroy.

If the situation had been reversed and it was an American (of any color) that was shot while participating in the stoning of armed Mexican border police my response would have been the same: "Dumba^^ had it coming!"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Nordic we have been down this path, as already stated I have nothing against white people, Im white, just as much as I am black.

Well, I suppose this was nothing more than a miscommunication, or perhaps a i read too much into the anti-White name calling as "redneck", "White trash", both of which are inheritantly evil in nature of the origin to describe White people.

You keep telling me what I think of whites, read the other thread that we were on together, so I don't repeat myself.

I will, and I apologize on my prior ignorance. I didnt intend to 'tell you' what you think, but merely how I saw it.

You really think Im trying to scare white people, who said it was a white border patrol agent that shot the kid. Not I.

The common sterotype of the border patrol, has been White. Couple that with the evil state of Arizona, and the media's exploitation of this event, I was left to make the assumption, ofcourse keeping in mind that all Americans have an invested interest in throwing out these bums.

I suppose I was furthered ignorant by jumping the gun, when you made a comment toward a Pro-Gun individual, couple that with the "you gonna get raped in prision by bubba", knowing a thing or two - from research about Prision rape, which is usually Black on White - Never for the sexually gratification, as if Rape ever was; Even the "Power-trip" is N/A; It's about Racial dominance, and shaming the other "guy" with nothing but dishonor, and in some cases killing him by infection of some STD (HIV/AIDS) - Which is always reserved for White people in prision.

Perhaps you can see where I was coming from?

But a better explaination helped so no harm no foul, thanks for explaining abit better:yesway:

I don't know if he was and dont care. In addition thats why I gave that hypothetical situation, to take the fact that it was a mexican out of it, and put the incident between two Americans, to see if everyone still feels the same way.

I believe they do

And yet all Ive gotten so far is attacked and not one answer, if the responses would be the same.

I could've sworn I saw afew posts that said that anyone attacking, doesnt care what the race or weapon is?

Is that not a decent enough answer?

I have learned while browsing through my rep, that most of those folks lack the basic intellegence to debate their point and instead resort to name calling. I find that funny.

Well, some people understand that they're beliefs dont have to be debated or challenged.
    As a Pagan, I get erkked abit, everytime I see an athiest wanting to 'debate' the theology of Christianity, as if it's a matter of importance, alot of it merely reverts into outright hatred and nasty attacks against Christianity - Hardly worth the time.

Sometimes, live and let live in beliefs are the best route for all :)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

So Im curious, because you make race an issue, and seem to think very ill of Whites, was that intended to scare White people into not doing they're job, in fear they might get a Slow Puncture from bubba?:n00b:[/quote

Nordic we have been down this path, as already stated I have nothing against white people, Im white, just as much as I am black. You keep telling me what I think of whites, read the other thread that we were on together, so I don't repeat myself. You really think Im trying to scare white people, who said it was a white border patrol agent that shot the kid. Not I. I don't know if he was and dont care. In addition thats why I gave that hypothetical situation, to take the fact that it was a mexican out of it, and put the incident between two Americans, to see if everyone still feels the same way.

Nobody's answered your question? Really?
    You haven't been reading replies, then, have you? Since you're obviously having trouble with this, let me answer your question AGAIN.

You throw a rock at ME, with intent to hurt me, and I don't care who you are, or where you're from, I'll shoot you. Race has NOTHING to do with it.

Note... I use the term "you" in the above in the general sense. Don't take this as a personal threat, because it's not. Unless you're planning to wing rocks at my head.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    You throw a rock at ME, with intent to hurt me, and I don't care who you are, or where you're from, I'll shoot you. Race has NOTHING to do with it
    "I was in fear for my life and saw no other alternative." If you can safely say this, then yeah, it's a good shoot. The border patrol agent stands for more than just himself, his actions reflect upon the whole country. Backing down wasn't an option and he was in danger. What do you expect him to do? We'll see how this whole thing plays out. :twocents:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    No what we are talking about is the other folks on here saying that a rock beign thrown at you is cause for deadly force. That is exactly what was written, so using that theory, it applies here in our country too, correct?

The point is if you shot someone for throwing a rock at you, you have a very high chance of going to prison.

Where do we draw the line then? If rocks are okay, is it okay to throw a shoe at someone? Is it okay to throw shoes or rocks at the President?

If someone came to your work and started throwing rocks at you, what would you do? There are many things you could TRY to do (yell at him, chase him off, draw your gun, call the police), but in this situation he was the police, and his gun was out. If someone attacks you (getting hit with rocks is an attack, rocks hurt) you have the basic human right to defend yourself.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    And you're getting penetrated by bubba in prison.

As jbombelli already stated, you seem to think there is no way a jury will see it the victim's(shooter) way...You are absolutely wrong.

While it may not work out for the victim(shooter), the only thing that is certain is you are deader than a door knob and shouldn't have thrown the rock in the first place.

Top Bottom