• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm not a fan of Border Patrol or our immigration policies, but I'm prepared to call this self-defense based on the facts as presented. 10 meters is not far to throw a rock, and I agree with those saying that thrown rocks are indeed dangerous.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Simply put, a foreign force attacked the US. The US won. Give the agent a Heroic Restraint medal for only killing one of the attackers. That, or send him to a marksmanship course. If you throw rocks at me as a civilian, I will get away if I can, if I can't, I'm throwing .230grs at you, and alot faster than your rocks move. But wait.. just just a little piece of lead, not like it's a big heavy rock. Surely if a rock isn't a deadly attack, then my puny 230grs of lead isn't anything to worry about, mearly a pebble in comparison.

Things you can throw at me:

Money, PAPER money, no jars/bags of coins.
    Ale, but only if tossed, still not thrown. Most lagers will be shot.

Things you cannot throw at me:
    Anything that might hurt and not listed above. This include rocks, knives, golf balls, car parts, things from Mexico/Canada if I'm in America.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Anyone saying that rocks are not dangerous weapons please stand 30ft away and let me throw rocks at you. I'm certain that within a few throws you will be down, bleeding and possibly dead! I support the Border Patrol for having one of the most difficult jobs in the US and getting very little support. Often times they are alone and their closest back up can be an hour away. I'd shoot everything that moved if it were me.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's wrong when Israel does it, and it's wrong when we do it. There is no way to justify using a firearm on someone throwing rocks, if even the victim was doing that.
    Let me start chucking rocks at your head. We'll see how long it takes to go from "Hey stop that please!" to actually defending yourself. I fee bad for this boy, but if he was indeed throwing rocks at the border agent, he should have expected this, and the outrage his parents are feeling should be directed at themselves for raising him to think this was acceptible. BTW, your coment sickens me.:cool:

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New sign for our borders...

Here is a sign for the border...

picture.php

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Anyone saying that rocks are not dangerous weapons please stand 30ft away and let me throw rocks at you. I'm certain that within a few throws you will be down, bleeding and possibly dead! I support the Border Patrol for having one of the most difficult jobs in the US and getting very little support. Often times they are alone and their closest back up can be an hour away. I'd shoot everything that moved if it were me.

Rocks are indeed deadly. Just ask Goliath :draw:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jamie Hyneman can make anything kill. His skill does not mean that the police can execute us for carrying a can of pop.

What unbridled tyranny we invite when we lower our morals to justify police executions.
    Border Patrol, not police, and they shot a foreign national attacking them. Your statement is nothing more than your usual extreme devil’s advocate BS, that is used as nothing more than to incite arguments and in the end to try and justifying your self professed superior intellect.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Let me start chucking rocks at your head.

So the cop was that close to the rock-thrower?

The thrower isn't Jim Edmonds. It's a shame when "backing up" loses to "firing a gun."

I thought situations lie this are what the Tasergun is for? Nah, they only use that on verbal resistance. It really looks like cops are looking for any excuse to kill, and we're lowering the bar to permit our government to kill for the slimmest of excuses. The cops are already killing us with no justification. Since we have nowhere to hide, the cops get away with it. The difference is that the Mexicans have another country to return to.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Border Patrol, not police, and they shot a foreign national attacking them. Your statement is nothing more than your usual extreme devil’s advocate BS, that is used as nothing more than to incite arguments and in the end to try and justifying your self professed superior intellect.

Do you people seriously go for long stretches without ever encountering other viewpoints? You people have ideas that are in a very distinct minority, but you think that there's such universal agreement on these rather marginal and scary ideas.

You don't kill people for throwing rocks. There's not a lot of dispute on this fact around the world.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yet, they do not seem to want to, despite repeated invitations to do so.

Especially in areas where stoning is still used as a means of execution.

There you guys go again injection common sense.
    You are supposed to just go on feelings.

Oh, here is a MSNBC poll on the Arizona law. - Hummmmm, national poll. Must have been answered by a bunch of rightwingers.
    msnbc.com U.S. & World News - Do you support Arizona's tough new law on illegal immigration?

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    There actually has been several U.S. Border Patrol agents killed by rocks thrown from the Mexican side of the border. Too bad our news only covers something when something bad happens to the Mexican side of the border. The people throwing the rocks have the intent to kill and can kill our border patrol agents with the rocks. Are you telling me that if a professional boxer kept hitting you until you were dead you would not protect yourself by firing a bullet? The same goes for our agents, one of those rocks (like the punches) would kill them, but they don't know which exact one. We know the federal government does not stand up for our agents, its even worse when the citizens don't.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Jamie Hyneman can make anything kill. His skill does not mean that the police can execute us for carrying a can of pop.

What unbridled tyranny we invite when we lower our morals to justify police executions.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

I'll try to append an "everyman translation" for you on subsequent posts. Would large print be of further aid?

Your posts are there for everyone to read. They don't make sense.

Top Bottom