Merry Christmas! You killed your step-daughter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Who said she was coming in through the window? I heard on the internet that she had threatened to tell mom about his sexual advances. :dunno: Story is full of holes. Merry Christmas.

My response was to the person I quoted who was talking about trespassing, I said someone coming thru a window was more than trespassing, had nothing to do with the case at hand.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So if I was sleeping in your guest room and I got up to get a glass of water at 6 AM because I was thirsty I have to turn on every light I pass on my way out and turn them back off on my way back regardless of whether I can see with them off or need them?

That seems a bit silly/absurd to me.

If you're sneaking around my house that's one thing... If you're sneaking around my house with the intent to do me or my family harm that's an entirely different matter. I would not lump them into the same basket.

Well then, you would not be breaking into my house for one. And I would know you were already in my house so my mindset would be first to assume it is you walking around in my house.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    No wonder there's no Santa Claus….some INGO member shot the sumb*tch as he came down the chimney.

ho ho ho…...:crying:

Don't worry kids. We're going for the BIG THREE: Santa, Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    People, you all need to calm down. Your acting like reporters after sandy hook. "well, I dont know for sure what happened, so I will piece together the little bits I do know, and make up the rest"

This frikin culture we live in now, instant gratification, I must know NOW, It must be done NOW, I need it NOW, is ruining us.

Step back, take a breath, and let things play out. Nothing any of you do, is going to change what really happened. Eventually we will learn what that was.

Until then, can we stop speculating, and concluding.

Some of you people need to take a look around you, ESPECIALLY ON THIS DAY, and just be happy with what you have, and stop arguing for ONE SECOND

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Colorado Law: law permits homeowners to fire at intruders only if they are certain the intruder will commit a crime other than trespassing. They are permitted to fire if the intruder plans to use physical force, no matter how slight.

2/

How are you supposed to determine what the intruder is going to do? Or what he "plans" to do?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well then, you would not be breaking into my house for one. And I would know you were already in my house so my mindset would be first to assume it is you walking around in my house.
    Maybe I overlooked it - this 14 year old was trying to break into the house that she lives in? I don't see where the article states this.

Point is - there isn't enough information in the article to draw the conclusion either way. You can armchair quarterback all you want though :).

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    If dad had called, cops had arrived, found her in the window, and shot her...I wonder what the reaction would be here.

I don't care what the law says or if he gets off. He killed his stepdaughter. You think he's going to shrug it off, sit down to Christmas dinner, and then have a fantastic rest of his life? Legal consequences aren't the only consequences.
    This^^^ and this^^^!

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Maybe I overlooked it - this 14 year old was trying to break into the house that she lives in? I don't see where the article states this.

Point is - there isn't enough information in the article to draw the conclusion either way. You can armchair quarterback all you want though :).

Earlier it said that she was coming in through the basement window. It had a few more details, but not many more than that. Not really sure why they changed it back to the same as it was last night, but it talked about how her step-father (the shooter) is an officer in the Army (with at least one tour in Iraq but didn't list his MOS) as well as her biological father being an Army Ranger.

ETA: Here's some more information on it. Distraught stepdad Daniel Meade who shot girl dead could face no charges | Mail Online

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So what I take from several posts is:

- If your step-kid behaves poorly by staying out all night, the proper punishment is the death penalty.

- If you take the time to identify your target, your wife and daughters will be raped.

- If you can justify a shot, take it regardless of the absence of actual threat.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

- If your step-kid behaves poorly by staying out all night, the proper punishment is the death penalty.

- If you take the time to identify your target, your wife and daughters will be raped.

- If you can justify a shot, take it regardless of the absence of actual threat.
    Yeah - that seems to be the feeling I've been getting as well. I wonder if those making such statements understand fully what they're saying... Surely they can't really mean that... right?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

This post really adds to your credibility!

Top Bottom