• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Didn't get that far into his video playlist? I dunno.

Just too many coincidences in my opinion.:dunno:

I think it was a coincidence. His neighbors are far off, and there were several break-ins in the area (as per him saying so in his follow up video). I think if the bad guys did target him than they would have brought a big van to haul all of his guns away. And not just taken what was laying around.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I voted yes. I want to know where the 3 people within 300 miles of me are.......

Oh and when I first saw the title of this thread I was afraid it would be something obscene.....like NOT a mao you would want.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He has been burglarized because people saw his house from the street and decided to steal from him.Then they saw unsecured guns and decided to take them.
    I dont think he showed his address on his Youtube page (maybe just a PO box) or even showed where he lives in his videos.
    The burglars probably had no idea he made Youtube videos so I dont see how this burglary and this thread are connected. :dunno:

Loose lips sink ships...

Wouldn't have to have an address to coincidentally recognize his face when out and about. Follow him home then watch a few dozen vids, now he's a target.
    I'm a Sootch subscriber, but security was NOT even in his radar until this break in.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    How about just the county you live in? Then you could make a "heat map" to show where the most members in general are for general info. County seems large enough to hide in for those worried about it.

I'm skipping the the vote as where I stand depends on the details, but in general I prefer the more vague the better for the entire internet, not specifically ingo.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    .....like NOT a mao you would want.

2587l.jpg

Bacon.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Maybe some people just dont see a need for it.It's not so much about security especially if it just shows the name of the city (and not the name of the street, picture of the house, number of guard dogs and alarm codes).
    I see threads where people are looking for INGO members who live nearby.
    Asking like "Anyone around Kokomo want to go shooting/have coffee/help me with a project? ... etc".
    They usually get positive answers pretty fast from people who live in the area, so I'm not sure a map option is actually needed to find other members.
    Same if you want to have a "Eat and meet" in your city.You would get more responses by making a thread about it instead of contacting one by one every member who live around your city.
    Plus if you just list the city it would not help much to have a map that list 2883 people living in Indianapolis without further details.

I voted no for pretty much this reason; it just seems unnecessary. The other reason I voted no was I see it as just a more visual version of the regional threads, just narrowed down to city, which as mentioned earlier, doesn't get many hits. JMHO

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Let me get this straight, we don't want a map because we don't want any of our INGO brothers or sisters to know where we live? Really?????? I thought of all people we could trust each other. I thought we are the good guys / gals.

How about a county map instead of a city map then? I think a map is a neat idea. It could be fun to know there are other gun people in the area. I am one of the younger people at my range and one of the few women. I feel out of place at the range meetings. I know there are more like me hiding somewhere in the county. Even if I don't get to talk to them it would be nice to know they are there.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Hmmm... I might just make it anyway. I will ask for town names though, and in larger cities maybe what side.. I mean what good does it do, if you live in say Alen county, to know theres someone else in your 650 square mile county? My thought is, if you go to the map from time to time, you might find someone who lives near you, and if you get to talking on INGO, then you can plan on going shooting together..

I did it at zukukrawlers (Suzuki off road forum) to give people a quick reference to who is nearby if you are in a situation and need help (get stuck, break down) They're a great community over there and they're all willing to help each other out. Once had a guy drive from the north side down to exit 103 to bring me a drain plug for my oil pan because mine came out on I-74 (Thank you Casey)

My thinking behind this one is abit more social, which is odd for me, cuz Im not really known for being sociable... But whatever..

I suppose if I mention the fact that Its a layer added to google maps, people will really freak the eff out...

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just don't understand the need for a map showing my location.
    I know where I am, but I know some people are challenged like that, sooo.....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe some people just dont see a need for it.It's not so much about security especially if it just shows the name of the city (and not the name of the street, picture of the house, number of guard dogs and alarm codes).
    I see threads where people are looking for INGO members who live nearby.
    Asking like "Anyone around Kokomo want to go shooting/have coffee/help me with a project? ... etc".
    They usually get positive answers pretty fast from people who live in the area, so I'm not sure a map option is actually needed to find other members.
    Same if you want to have a "Eat and meet" in your city.You would get more responses by making a thread about it instead of contacting one by one every member who live around your city.
    Plus if you just list the city it would not help much to have a map that list 2883 people living in Indianapolis without further details.

Wait, how did you know this?? :tinfoil::nailbite:

Top Bottom