• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Feel safe? I don't feel safe going out to my car at night to get my bag I forgot and my car is 20 feet from my front door.

All these making others feel comfortable, feel good laws and events. I shake my head at it.

I totally agree with you, I was being sarcastic. If this guy gets charged we are all screwed. The NRA should be all over this with some big league lawyers.

conan1rice

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Wayne County
    This is freakin ridiculous. This guy was simply making sure the event of last week, go rest their souls, did not happen again. People need to really get real and realize that 99.9999999999% of the people who have guns are perfectly legal citizens.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Dude, I'll be honest. I probably, in that situation (being an officer in Colorado, so close to the Aurora shooting), would have done the exact same thing. Assuming that, officers on scene, weren't exactly sure of the legalities of what the guy was doing. The best thing to do in that situation is not make a "custodial" arrest, and to simply issue a summons (which was done in this case), and let the prosecutor sort it out. Though I doubt that I would have taken the weapon if the guy wasn't out-righted; which kinda doesn't make sense to me.

But he was arrested, not just issued a summons. No laws were broken, as far as I see, yet he was still arrested.

A question for our ingo LEOs, what would you do in a similar situation where you are called to a theater and find out that no laws are actually being broken?
    I realize that you would have to remove the person from the theater at the managments request.

Can he ask that a manager ask him to leave or if the officer asks is he considered a agent for the property? I'd personally want to hear it from an agent of the property so I know it's not the officer trying to enforce something that should not be enforced.

It is not a matter of little value for my rights. It is a matter of how I see the appropriate and best manner to further the gains we have made in the last few years. More and more states have come around and now are shall issue rather than may or not issue. There is even legislation being put forth to have nation wide reciprocity. I wish to see that trend continue.

To frighten a theater full of people by displaying a handgun within days of a mass shooting in a nearby theater is not productive in my opinion. It will only give fuel to the fears of the uninitiated and the unfriendly media.

BTW, I refuse to call the folks in that theater sheep, they are moms and dads, kids and friends, families. Lets not denigrate them just because they do not see things as we wish they would.

So because we do something like open carry after a shooting we're being counterproductive? I drove past a 5 car pileup yesterday and just last week a driver was killed on I70. Does this mean I should stop driving also?

BTW, when did he call the innocent lives lost at the theatre sheep? I must have missed that one. I would however say that whomever in the theatre called the LEOs, a sheep.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    All I have to say is.. It appears to me that some "gun owners" in this thread need to stop listening to the MSM. It has obviously warped their viewpoint of other gun owners, even though they are gun owners themselves..

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    All I have to say is.. It appears to me that some "gun owners" in this thread need to stop listening to the MSM. It has obviously warped their viewpoint of other gun owners, even though they are gun owners themselves..

It is my experience that most gun owners hate people like you and me. They consider us "extreme."

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    A certain LEO here, has already indicated that if he felt the person "deserved it", he would put the individual through the system.

This. Whatever you do, don't do it in Carmel. But you can look suspicious all you want and peek in as many windows and doors as you want and they won't harrass you.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Dude, I'll be honest. I probably, in that situation (being an officer in Colorado, so close to the Aurora shooting), would have done the exact same thing. Assuming that, officers on scene, weren't exactly sure of the legalities of what the guy was doing. The best thing to do in that situation is not make a "custodial" arrest, and to simply issue a summons (which was done in this case), and let the prosecutor sort it out. Though I doubt that I would have taken the weapon if the guy wasn't out-righted; which kinda doesn't make sense to me.

So we were right. You would harass a legal gun owner exercising his rights to make the sheep "feel better". :rolleyes: I am quickly losing faith in our local LEO's and their ability to do what is RIGHT and not what makes some soccer mom "feel better".

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

It is my experience that most gun owners hate people like you and me. They consider us "extreme."

:yesway:
    Many don't seem to realize that it those of us "extreme" people who keep pushing those advances. Instead they'd rather hope that people will someday, for no reason at all, change their minds.

Go back to Aurora, it it hadn't been a "Criminal Protection Zone", perhaps there may have been several Open Carriers in attendance. Since Holmes alledgedly entered through the front like any other patron, he possibly would have seen them and decided that his chances of making thorough unscathed were greatly reduced. Maybe it would have made him rethink, maybe not, but as discussed ad nauseum in other threads, the innocent loss of life and injury could have been reduced.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

..and i am not even a full time OCer. However, I AM a full time SUPPORTER of OCing, CCing, etc. I wish people would just CARRY and stop bashing other carriers that don't fit some "mold" designed to make us "less offensive". If my Rights offend someone, THEY have the problem, not I..

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    ..and i am not even a full time OCer. However, I AM a full time SUPPORTER of OCing, CCing, etc. I wish people would just CARRY and stop bashing other carriers that don't fit some "mold" designed to make us "less offensive". If my Rights offend someone, THEY have the problem, not I..

+1

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

It would shock the pants off some people to realize that I don't actually OC that much. I work too damn much through the week and rarely get out except for the weekends and I CC at church so that's really like 1 1/2 days a week.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Most people don't realize that carrying is legal. The movie Miss Congeniality taught me that there were states that could legally carry. Better education or acknowledgement needs to be necessary, or stuff like this will happen more often.

"He's got a GUN!"
    "Of Course he does. This is Texas."

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Most people don't realize that carrying is legal. The movie Miss Congeniality taught me that there were states that could legally carry. Better education or acknowledgement needs to be necessary, or stuff like this will happen more often.

"He's got a GUN!"
    "Of Course he does. This is Texas."

Man card revoked. Turn it in to the nearest Man Center immediately and report for re-education, 9 straight days of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Chuck Norris movies.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    May not be charged...

James Mapes may not be charged for bringing openly displayed gun into movie theater - Denver News - The Latest Word

Still, he doesn't express regret for bringing a gun with him -- although he concedes that "if I'd been thinking about it, I probably would have worn a different shirt."

I'm with the poor sod. A better shirt would have made this a lot easier on him. From what I know he just printed and got outed. The only regret he should have is that poor choice in clothing that printed.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm with the poor sod. A better shirt would have made this a lot easier on him. From what I know he just printed and got outed. The only regret he should have is that poor choice in clothing that printed.

He was OCing on purpose. His Tshirt had a politically charged slogan on it, that is why he would have worn a different one.

nvb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    feel kind of bad for the guy, even if the charges are dropped jumping through hoops to get the charges dropped after being charged with bs is always a pain

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Man card revoked. Turn it in to the nearest Man Center immediately and report for re-education, 9 straight days of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Chuck Norris movies.

lol. I used to have a girlfriend at that time. Its ok, I stocked up on man cards a few months ago. You can have this one. ;)

Top Bottom