• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's not Russia. Everyone is playing the middle on this just like the Cold War. It's time to force them to be in the open. Russia needs put in their place. Nukes aren't an option
    When you go after a world power that has nukes then nukes are always going to be an option. If not for us, then for them. Even an American presence in Ukraine's now disputed region in retaliation would provoke a Russian response and an escalation.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If it were up to me we wouldn't even have troops outside if America but since we are already commuted to this mess and several others I would rally world support and stick it to Russia. I'd call their bluff. Let the bombs drop but it needs to be as a Coalition force.
    russia is the world biggest dirtbag country. Time to force them back into their holes

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    OK. You're in command now. And Russia has done this. What do you do? Let's hear your plan.

How about instead of being a cynical *******, you offer up a suggestion on what is it you see the right course of action would be..? You keep badmouthing others for their stance so let's hear yours.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    How about instead of being a cynical *******, you offer up a suggestion on what is it you see the right course of action would be..? You keep badmouthing others for their stance so let's hear yours.

First and only warning on name-calling. Keep it civil or you will need to find another outlet.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am not filled with enough hubris or information at this time to actually have an opinion on what should be done. I know that bombing Russia is about the dumbest idea I've heard all night. We will have to be satisfied with the diplomatic approach and probably more and heavier sanctions against the Putin regime. Money can speak a lot louder than bombs. But starting a world war? That's doesn't require much thought or intellect.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I am not filled with enough hubris or information at this time to actually have an opinion on what should be done. I know that bombing Russia is about the dumbest idea I've heard all night. We will have to be satisfied with the diplomatic approach and probably more and heavier sanctions against the Putin regime. Money can speak a lot louder than bombs. But starting a world war? That's doesn't require much thought or intellect.

I stand on the same ground you do, I'm not sure what the answer is. What I will say is.. When do we say enough is enough? How long do we do nothing but draw imaginary lines for them to cross and make empty promises?? I'm not saying starting WW3 is the right thing to do, but we sure need to find a way to make ourselves something other than the laughing stock of the world with our empty threats.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I stand on the same ground you do, I'm not sure what the answer is. What I will say is.. When do we say enough is enough? How long do we do nothing but draw imaginary lines for them to cross and make empty promises?? I'm not saying starting WW3 is the right thing to do, but we sure need to find a way to make ourselves something other than the laughing stock of the world with our empty threats.
    No-one in our government has made any threats, yet. In fact of the news I've read so far they are taking a wait and see attitude and looking for info, not flying off half-cocked. Everyone's yelling about Obama, and realistically it's not our problem, as far as I can see. It's a Malaysian plane that was carrying Dutch passengers (and probably a few others). It was shot down by someone backed by Russia (in all likelihood) but I don't see where we are required to step up and do anything, yet. Obama said he's planning on waiting and seeing what the info and intel says. Seems reasonable to me and something any president of a previous admin would have done, too. I can blame the man for many things, but on this I don't see where he's doing anything wrong.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It won't start a war. Russia is all talk. They are in violation of international law and killing innocent people. Why do we have these international military's if we aren't gonna use them to stop the worst guy since hitler? I stand by my choice to bomb

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    No-one in our government has made any threats, yet. In fact of the news I've read so far they are taking a wait and see attitude and looking for info, not flying off half-cocked. Everyone's yelling about Obama, and realistically it's not our problem, as far as I can see. It's a Malaysian plane that was carrying Dutch passengers (and probably a few others). It was shot down by someone backed by Russia (in all likelihood) but I don't see where we are required to step up and do anything, yet. Obama said he's planning on waiting and seeing what the info and intel says. Seems reasonable to me and something any president of a previous admin would have done, too. I can blame the man for many things, but on this I don't see where he's doing anything wrong.

I guess I was misguided in my reply by assuming that 23 Americans were on the plane. (As read in this thread) Although that may not be true, if it turns out that we did lose Americans in this disaster, Obama needs to make sure whoever did this is held accountable. I guess I'm fired up because deep down I know that if we did lose fellow citizens that Obama will just cower under his desk as he makes more and more empty threats.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

Do we have any confirmation there were even any Americans on board?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Do we have any confirmation there were even any Americans on board?
    No word at all, as yet. And I'm not sure it matters. What did the US do when the Russians shot down KAL007? The sainted Ronny was in command back then and we did what? Despite the fact that there were Americans and even a member of the house on board. Just because Americans die in an even doesn't mean we have any requirement to act against anyone. Americans are killed around the globe all the time and we do do nothing. Even if there were Americans on board I do not see us going to war over it. I could see the US ramping up support for the Ukraine in their push against the separatists, but not much more than that or more and harder sanctions.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about this? I mean, on an absolute scale, I agree civilian planes being shot out of the sky is bad, but at the risk of sounding like Charles Lindbergh in 1940, what's it to me? It is a civil war, maybe not full-scale at this point, but they have been throwing punches for a couple of months now.

Our border is being crossed more frequently than the finish line at a Komen for the Cure 5K run, and I'm supposed to give a damn about someone shooting down a plane on another continent?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Yea Miguel why give a crap about the 23 innocent Americans that were on the plane!

If they shoot down a B-52 or attack an American military base, nuke 'em. I'm sure whoever pulled the trigger on that bird didn't check the passenger list to see who they might risk pissing off.

Days away from the 100th anniversary of WWI, I am reminded of this:

clip_image007.jpg

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Irregularities at the IRS.

Invasion of the Southern border.

Lawsuit concerning breech of the Constitution by the executive.

Benghazi investigation raising suspicion that the central state may be supplying arms to those labeled as terrorists.

Barry busy campaigning and fundraising.

Maybe Putin helped the man child out of a squeeze..... again.

Top Bottom