• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    From the Telegraph update site:
    Malaysia Airlines plane crashes on Ukraine-Russia border - live - Telegraph

The International Air Transport Association, the global airline body based in Geneva, is denying reports that the Malaysia Airlines flight was in restricted airspace at the time it went down. Based on the information currently available, it is believed that the airspace that the aircraft was traversing was not subject to restrictions.

I highly recommend this "rolling" news site. It is pretty much unfiltered, so it may be proven incorrect later. But, as a news agency, it tends to want to deliver information that at least has some credibility to it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is dubiously similar to Colin Powell's evidence at the UN about Iraqi WMD.

But....
    The Kyiv Post has now translated the conversation released by the Ukrainian government. The first call is reportedly between a Russian military intelligence officer and a separatist commander. On the call, the officer reportedly says: "We have just shot down a plane".

The second call appears to be between two separatists as one examines the scene of the crash, where they appear to learn to their surprise that the flight was a civilian airlines. "It was 100 percent a passenger (civilian) aircraft," one says. "Holy s---! The debris fell right into the yards (of homes)."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Apparently Putin informed Obama about it. At least he told him today, otherwise he might have found out later in the week on the news.

MH17 Plane Crash: White House Won't Clarify How Obama Learned - Business Insider

US Defense official: "If the separatists shot it down, it couldn't have been done without Russian assistance."

But seriously folks. 295 dead. 23 Americans. President gives it 38 seconds in a speech, moves onto jokes, then goes to fundraisers.

This isn't who I want leading us into WW3.

Let Vladimir Putin annex other countries.. Americans die.
    Don't secure embassies from terror threats.. Americans die.

Last edited:

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    IF the ones who shot down this airliner(saying now they're Separtists),did it while it was at altitude,30000+/- feet,those SAM must really be easy to use,I mean how much training could they possibly have at using them....I do wonder if there are Russian military advisors there...

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I saw several retired high ranking military types say they don't believe the 'separatists' have the needed training and are blaming the Russians. In either case, Russia is behind it.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Well, with you know who in charge we will do exactly nothing.
    In reality, I'm no sure there is anything we 'can do.' It's not like were going to send in the 82nd Airborne or anything. We can't even hurt them economically.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is what happens when you give weapons to terrorist and village idiots to fight your war for you Putin. And of coarse odumbo is staying true to his usual form. Deflect and submit.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    OK. You're in command now. And Russia has done this. What do you do? Let's hear your plan.
    23 dead Americans. I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd drop some large ****ing bombs on the ****ers that fired the missile. And I can guarantee you out military watched this in real time and knows exactly who fired it and where they are now. They monitor this ****.
    obama has no balls so he will be apologizing to someone soon for 23 Americans getting in the way.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    23 dead Americans. I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd drop some large ****ing bombs on the ****ers that fired the missile. And I can guarantee you out military watched this in real time and knows exactly who fired it and where they are now. They monitor this ****.
    obama has no balls so he will be apologizing to someone soon for 23 Americans getting in the way.
    Oh, you want to drop bombs on Russia? A nuclear world power. Yeah, nothing could go wrong with that idea. I always did like the Fallout series of games. Not sure I want to live in that world for real, though.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Is is confirmed Americans died? I haven't seen that confirmed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh, you want to drop bombs on Russia? A nuclear world power. Yeah, nothing could go wrong with that idea. I always did like the Fallout series of games. Not sure I want to live in that world for real, though.
    It's not Russia. Everyone is playing the middle on this just like the Cold War. It's time to force them to be in the open. Russia needs put in their place. Nukes aren't an option

Top Bottom