• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Most people who've been paying attention to the area can be pretty sure where that missile came from. Russian missile in the hands of Russian separatists. They'd already been using missiles to shoot down other aircraft they were happy to claim credit for.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    AP BREAKING: Dutch military plane carrying bodies from Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash lands in Eindhoven.

See anything wrong with this ****ing headline? AP are idiots.

There is no confusion for people who know that the violent landing of an airplane is 'crash-land,' with a hyphen, not 'crash land.'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is so stupid, right up there with putting a stopwatch on disavowals of "racists"

Do we still issue statements about KAL 007? I think that was unambiguously Russian (actually Soviet) responsibility. Do the people calling for people to be punished ever think about including those who made the decision to route flights over what was becoming a pretty hot war zone

There is likely a reason no one routes flights through Syrian airspace currently. Perhaps we should keep commercial traffic away from hot zones. Do the Iranians issue annual statements about the downing of Iran Air 655? Would we not be incensed at an accusation that we did the deed deliberately?

Do they think the Soviets would have similarly targeted a civilian airliner deliberately? To what strategic purpose? MUCH more likely it was the irregulars, and I am likewise skeptical that four years after the fact we can suddenly conclude the missile came from a Russian base. What new forensic evidence led to this conclusion, I'm not aware of any; nor would it surprise me that the Russians and their "green uniforms" might be co-located, further muddying who did what

But because it's now Trump's State department and it's a change in (someone else's) policy and Russians are peripherally involved, its sinister. Hardly anybody is listening

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The headline seems a bit worse than the content. Not making a statement isn’t the same thing as deleting a statement. And I think that just because you mad a statement last year, and the year before that, and the year befor that, means you have to make the same statement this hear and next and the next after that. But if the conditions which caused us to make the statement still exist, and we think they were appropriate then, what’s changed?

Sure. The importance of events have an expiration date. But we *****ed at Obama for being a weak ass punk when Putin invaded Crimea, and when he shot down that plane. And now that it’s Trump with his face burried in Putin’s crotch we’re going to just dismiss it? Putin is not our friend. Trump is not playing 4d chess. Putin is making Trump his *****.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The headline seems a bit worse than the content. Not making a statement isn’t the same thing as deleting a statement. And I think that just because you mad a statement last year, and the year before that, and the year befor that, means you have to make the same statement this hear and next and the next after that. But if the conditions which caused us to make the statement still exist, and we think they were appropriate then, what’s changed?

Sure. The importance of events have an expiration date. But we *****ed at Obama for being a weak ass punk when Putin invaded Crimea, and when he shot down that plane. And now that it’s Trump with his face burried in Putin’s crotch we’re going to just dismiss it? Putin is not our friend. Trump is not playing 4d chess. Putin is making Trump his *****.

The behaviour of the US after shot down of Iran Air 655 is just as bad as Russia | What happened to flight MH17?

Awaiting your bitter recriminations of Reagan and the US military (Navy, I believe)

At this point, so long after the shoot down; what good would it do?

Exactly!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m losing track. Do we still denounce the USSR over KAL 007 every year?

I can't find any information on formulaic denunciations now, or pretty much ever (in the time i'm willing to devote to the search)

I did find this gem, though

Shortly after the Soviet Union shot down KAL 007, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, operating the commercial airports around New York City, denied Soviet aircraft landing rights, in violation of the United Nations Charter that required the host nation to allow all member countries access to the UN. In reaction, TASS and some at the UN raised the question of whether the UN should move its headquarters from the United States. Charles Lichenstein, acting U.S. permanent representative to the UN under Ambassador Kirkpatrick, responded, "We will put no impediment in your way. The members of the U.S. mission to the United Nations will be down at the dockside waving you a fond farewell as you sail off into the sunset." Administration officials were quick to announce that Lichenstein was speaking only for himself.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An international team of investigators has identified 4 people -- 3 Russians and 1 Ukrainian -- they say were responsible for the rocket attack that downed Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014

Top Bottom