Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Had to sit through a Teams meeting yesterday. It's useful for bringing people together from across the country. Yet it will never replace the effectiveness of a face-to-face meeting.
    I don’t know anout that. Maybe it depends on the type of meeting and the composition of the attendees roles.

I’ll agree with you that if it’s a mixture of in-office and remote employees. Those meetings really suck for the remote employees. But when the team is entirely remote and especially if the meeting is technical, like with a team of developers, I get way more out of that than I do a face-to-face. And now that teams added the concept of whiteboards, that’s even more the case when you need to draw something out to communicate an idea.

I like that everyone has their computers there and anyone can quickly share their screen to contribute/communicate ideas.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If things get really boring around here the staff can create an account specifically to implode over several threads. But everyone has to be really good for a really long time.

One of the recently hammered's behavior led someone to speculate if the Mods were doing this for entertainment. I'm looking forward to the day we can do this!
    Who run INGOtown?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have friends that struggle to get their work done because the company has so many meetings put on by those whose job it is to put on meetings…
    I have friends that struggle to get their work done just because INGO exists, but by golly you’d never catch me my friend at one of them there zoom calls. What a waste of time.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don’t know anout that. Maybe it depends on the type of meeting and the composition of the attendees roles.

I’ll agree with you that if it’s a mixture of in-office and remote employees. Those meetings really suck for the remote employees. But when the team is entirely remote and especially if the meeting is technical, like with a team of developers, I get way more out of that than I do a face-to-face. And now that teams added the concept of whiteboards, that’s even more the case when you need to draw something out to communicate an idea.

I like that everyone has their computers there and anyone can quickly share their screen to contribute/communicate ideas.
    100% agreed and my experience as well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Noted the best runner I have seen. Started in the 0200 hour until the 1900 hour, yesterday. Hit his 50 in one 17 hour day. But most posts are wordy for sure, so maybe he had quality in them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Noted the best runner I have seen. Started in the 0200 hour until the 1900 hour, yesterday. Hit his 50 in one 17 hour day. But most posts are wordy for sure, so maybe he had quality in them.
    If it is who we were watching yes. He went on a run. But he did it with some style.
    That’s fine. We would like that he would stretch it out a bit and let more members see who/what he is but no rules were actually broken here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom