Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Call us a bunch of ladies and say we are here to **** you will get you put off the field in a heart beat.
    I have a friend that knows that guy.

Not saying you did anything wrong, Sir. He totally owns the melt down.

We as members need to talk people off the ledge rather than push them off. The guy was doing OK until a member laid into him.

Duck made a joke that he did not understand and he questioned it. This is what happened.

I’m ok with the rule, just wish I was more active over the 10 years I’ve been a member. I’m now in a position where I wanna send pm’s and buy some guns but I gotta hit my 50 posts first, no complaining it’s my fault for not being active.

RUNNER! :runaway:

***REPORTED***

:facepalm:

Let me explain how this works since it looks like a lot of you guys aren't reading literally the first page of the thread.

You don't just show up 12 years after starting your account, make 10 posts in an hour that are just shootin the bull, and then get to have full citizenry rights. Right or wrong, that's not how INGO does it.

You may not know it, but we can see you attempt to reply to the the classified sections, your first posts in years, and then immediately start running your post count up when you figure out you can't PM and no one can read your posts. That's why we call you a "runner", because you are.

INGO prides itself on being a community and members contributing. You can do that with $20 and buy/sell all the stuff you want out of the classified or you can make useful posts that the community will appreciate.

So... You understand now? We can see what you're doing, we know what you're doing, and that's not how it works. Pay the $20.

I’m literate buddy, y’all take this way to serious. Why would I now want to contribute $20 to your site after you talk to me like a 3 year old? Lmao yeah that’s not how you get me to contribute. I’ll just part ways, delete me from this page I really don’t care, I’ll just support my local gun shop ✌

So you are above the rules. I see. So yes we do take this very seriously. And you act like a 3 year old so by Felicia.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We as members need to talk people off the ledge rather than push them off. The guy was doing OK until a member laid into him.

Duck made a joke that he did not understand and he questioned it. This is what happened.

In truth Tex clipped his post count when he was reported as a runner. That set him off. When he whined about it it was all but over.

But I agree. A helping hand if possible and you guys did that and most do.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

But you know the fastest way off a ledge is to jump. :dunno:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh and for the record.
    I don't report on anyone for anything except the couple times that some guys completely went off the rails. Well, and I did report on Fenway and a couple mods once..... just because. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I attempted to talk to the gent, but it appears that it was too late.

I agree that we as members, should be a little bit more careful in our approach to folks that are not in the know. The management does great work here, but we don't need to stir up trouble for them.

We need all the members we can get for all reasons. That includes folks intending to use the classifieds.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just a heads up for all of us selling. (im not selling squat, for the record because all of mine were recently lost in a tragic boating accident of course :):)

You may or may not have noticed the posts about the uptick of fence sitters deciding maybe it is wise after all to buy a gun in this climate. And also some of those fence sitters are not liking the old 4473. And a small fraction of them are HATING the 4473 because Da Man dared to deny them the right to complete that firearms purchase. (legit or not) I fully expect some of those not so cut and dried "proper" persons may show up here as an end run around Uncle Sam telling them "NO!" Might be prudent to take a glance at that D/L and pink permission slip when you are selling.

Or not. I'm not the boss of you. Just a suggestion for those who might be inclined to not want to sell to someone the feds have a beef with for whatever reason. If you DGAF proceed on course.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This is what happened.

I feel no guilt at all for my part in that. I tried to explain it, and he got all bent out of shape about it and threw a tantrum.waaa2

Whether or not DD was joking, the guys posting in that thread were clearly not reading the rules and he was the second guy that day to do the same exact thing. My only regret is that CM couldn't boot him twice and that I wasted my time in the first place.

Explaining the rules is laying into someone? I legitimately thought I was trying to back him off the edge before he got himself in trouble, especially since he was the second guy within hours to do the same freaking thing and everyone else in there was just laughing at them.

As far as member-on-member relationships go and talking people down off the ledge, here's your chance. What you're doing here feels scummy as hell. Why are you over here with a beef about something I did without either posting it to that thread to correct me, PMing me, or both? I know that a lot of guys here are friends, and those relationships go back for years so maybe this is more casual than it looks, but you do realize you're complaining about my conduct to a moderator.

WTH, Tom? If you disagree with me or think I went too far, fine, pipe up and we'll talk about it like grown men.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    In truth Tex clipped his post count when he was reported as a runner. That set him off. When he whined about it it was all but over.

But I agree. A helping hand if possible and you guys did that and most do.

BTW... I'm not the one that reported him either. So someone else saw this going on too and jumped in. It's not like I was out trying to find puppies to kick. So somebody else, and Tex, both saw what I saw.

I see his post count has been restored, so maybe there is some behind the scenes stuff going on and some other changes of heart, but what has me in a twist is this should have been done all on the level in the first place and not by me just bumping into it in a different thread.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I feel no guilt at all for my part in that. I tried to explain it, and he got all bent out of shape about it and threw a tantrum.waaa2

Whether or not DD was joking, the guys posting in that thread were clearly not reading the rules and he was the second guy that day to do the same exact thing. My only regret is that CM couldn't boot him twice and that I wasted my time in the first place.

I have never made a serious post on this site in my entire life. Seriously. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom