Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just reach over and hit the "Wonder Bar" button....

OK.....you just gave away your age with that one.
    1959 Oldsmobile land yacht. Every option available including the "Wonder Bar" radio.
    Hand or foot operated if memory serves.

I had a 1960 Olds 98 with the Wonder Bar. It also had a switch on the floor right next to the dimmer switch (remember dimmer switches on the floor?). I used to mess with people by pointing my finger at the radio and "magically" changing the channel (they weren't watching my left foot). It was fun to watch them waving their hands in front of it trying to get it to change channels again. :):

And I had the FM converter in the glove box too. Radio had tubes so it wouldn't start playing until you'd been driving for a few minutes to let the tubes warm up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a 1960 Olds 98 with the Wonder Bar. It also had a switch on the floor right next to the dimmer switch (remember dimmer switches on the floor?). I used to mess with people by pointing my finger at the radio and "magically" changing the channel (they weren't watching my left foot). It was fun to watch them waving their hands in front of it trying to get it to change channels again. :):

And I had the FM converter in the glove box too. Radio had tubes so it wouldn't start playing until you'd been driving for a few minutes to let the tubes warm up.

Yes I do know of the dimmer switch.
    That big Olds of mine was scary fast on the HiWay.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just reach over and hit the "Wonder Bar" button....

Yes I do know of the dimmer switch.
    That big Olds of mine was scary fast on the HiWay.

394 Rocket engine? :) I loved that old car. When you'd close a door it sounded like closing a bank vault. And like you said, it had all the options... power seats, power windows, power steering, power antenna. I sure do miss it... :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    394 Rocket engine? :) I loved that old car. When you'd close a door it sounded like closing a bank vault. And like you said, it had all the options... power seats, power windows, power steering, power antenna. I sure do miss it... :(

I pulled the engine from the Olds and it went into the 53 Chevy we put a straight axle under from a 49 Chevy panel truck. Moved the seat back and mounted the steering up through the floor using the drag link style steering. We had family with a "Real" junk yard out by the farm Great resource for cool stuff.
    Car was scary stupid dangerous but it was a hoot to drive. As long as you kept it going in a straight line.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Young whippersnapper! Show your elders some respect!
    To be honest, I've had cars with wing vents, AM radio only, floor dimmer switch, and a single turn signal indicator, not dual arrow lights
    Get off my lawn.
    Was taught to use the sidewalk, even on Halloween. Doing the same with my kids
    And turn that music down!
    Even if it's Freedom Rock? Besides, I need to drown out the tinnitus
    And get a hair cut!!
    Within the next couple weeks, before work starts. The top has fallen woefully short in keeping up with the sides, and I'm getting my Bozo look
    And pull your pants up!
    At least it's fat plumber style, not thugged out

Oh, and Old Men River, zip it or I'll break your hips!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    To be honest, I've had cars with wing vents, AM radio only, floor dimmer switch, and a single turn signal indicator, not dual arrow lights

Was taught to use the sidewalk, even on Halloween. Doing the same with my kids

Even if it's Freedom Rock? Besides, I need to drown out the tinnitus

Within the next couple weeks, before work starts. The top has fallen woefully short in keeping up with the sides, and I'm getting my Bozo look

At least it's fat plumber style, not thugged out

Oh, and Old Men River, zip it or I'll break your hips!

:scared:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    WTF??????????? :)

Dungarees used to be bell-bottoms. They doubled as flotation devices if you found yourself in the water with no life jacket. Take them off, tie knots in the ends of the legs, pull them over your head from behind so they catch air, hold the waist under the water so the legs floated, and there you go.

I don't know if they still are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom