• Status
    Not open for further replies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Describing it does not do the cold justice, one must experience it.
    I thought I could handle cold weather pretty well until a few years ago, we were up in LaPorte for my uncles funeral, and after dinner with some relatives, we decided to go look at Lake Michigan. We went to a small park, near the steak and lube place, there was ice on the lake, and about a forty knot wind blowing straight in off the lake. I had on my heavy Carhartt coat, and I swear It felt like I was just wearing a t shirt! I believe that's the coldest temps I've ever experienced. My wife was actually mad at me for making her get out of the car and walk down to the lake!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought I could handle cold weather pretty well until a few years ago, we were up in LaPorte for my uncles funeral, and after dinner with some relatives, we decided to go look at Lake Michigan. We went to a small park, near the steak and lube place, there was ice on the lake, and about a forty knot wind blowing straight in off the lake. I had on my heavy Carhartt coat, and I swear It felt like I was just wearing a t shirt! I believe that's the coldest temps I've ever experienced. My wife was actually mad at me for making her get out of the car and walk down to the lake!

In those conditions my spouse would lock my dumb butt out of the truck......:lmfao:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

I used to take the South Shore train from Chesterton to Chicago every day and walked along the lakefront to get to and from the train stations...that wind was just brutal. I remember getting back to my car at night and it was close to 30 below and my accelerator was frozen...that was fun. I couldn't even run the car to keep warm for fear of blowing the engine. Hubby rescued me, and the next night it did the same thing. I was sure I was going to die while I was waiting for him to get there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not sure if they make that there. We only go a couple of times over the summer, when they are open. I always get the same thing, a turtle sundae... Love those toasted pecans all over the top.

A 101 year old lady in our church makes what she calls a turtle cake or cakes to sell at the church's fair booth every year. Now that's worth the price of admission right there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom