nwi
    jon-stewart-popcorn.gif

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Where did you grow up that it was routinely that cold in the winter? Talk about no fun.
    Fargo. There were a number of months where the mean temperature was below zero for the whole 30 days. 39 below is the coldest I recall as it was a record low in February, but there were probably nights under 40 below. I worked until 10 most nights and there were some nights I really didn't think she would start but by hook or crook I always got home. I later owned an old diesel and one night I forgot to plug in the block heater and burned the starter up trying to get her started at 20 below.

The 84 Monte Carlo was a project car my dad and I worked on but the body eventually proved too far gone so we pulled the 350 and dropped it in and old 2 door Malibu. My father believed tow trucks were for the weak so there I was, perched atop the drivers seat with my goggled head above the t-top again in the middle of winter as he towed the hulk away with a tow rope. That was even worse as The engine was gone so I had no power brakes or steering. The cops up there were really laid back as we passed 2 but they didn't seem to blink an eye at the sight of an engineless car being towed down the road on a winter night with a kids head sticking out the roof.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fargo. There were a number of months where the mean temperature was below zero for the whole 30 days. 39 below is the coldest I recall as it was a record low in February, but there were probably nights under 40 below. I worked until 10 most nights and there were some nights I really didn't think she would start but by hook or crook I always got home. I later owned an old diesel and one night I forgot to plug in the block heater and burned the starter up trying to get her started at 20 below.

The 84 Monte Carlo was a project car my dad and I worked on but the body eventually proved too far gone so we pulled the 350 and dropped it in and old 2 door Malibu. My father believed tow trucks were for the weak so there I was, perched atop the drivers seat with my goggled head above the t-top again in the middle of winter as he towed the hulk away with a tow rope. That was even worse as The engine was gone so I had no power brakes or steering. The cops up there were really laid back as we passed 2 but they didn't seem to blink an eye at the sight of an engineless car being towed down the road on a winter night with a kids head sticking out the roof.

It takes a gentle touch to pull this off.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Whoa BA.... another person's lack of self control isn't my fault. Guys are flying off the handle over internet postings, and do I need to point out these people have guns? I'd like to think they have better control themselves.
    Concerning me, I've said before, aside from an executive decision to dismiss me as being a "troublemaker," I would self ban myself if a majority of the membership wished it (though I'd lurk for info).

As far as the g-string, no comment.

Oh no, I'm not falling for that trick again!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Huh. Years ago I had a job offer in Fargo, and one in Missippi. I asked the interview team about the winters. I already had read the climate reports. They tried to downplay it. I picked Missippi. Wicked hot. But I decided that was better than wicked cold.

A project car? Too far gone? Damn you make me feel old. I remember when a buddy of mine from work bought a '84 Monte Carlo SS new.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Huh. Years ago I had a job offer in Fargo, and one in Missippi. I asked the interview team about the winters. I already had read the climate reports. They tried to downplay it. I picked Missippi. Wicked hot. But I decided that was better than wicked cold.

A project car? Too far gone? Damn you make me feel old. I remember when a buddy of mine from work bought a '84 Monte Carlo SS new.

Those events mostly happened around the year of the huge flood which was 1996-1997. 12 years in the salt and snow up there would eat up craptastic 80's GM steel pretty damn fast. I swear they painted over rust at the factory on those cars. Even the gas tank had pinholes rusted in it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Trick? Again?

Some butt hurt was going on.... Some members stating someone else needed to step down and leave the island.
    Someone said make a poll and if the majority voted them off the island they would leave.
    A poll was made per that request and much butt hurt flowed forth across the lands of INGO.
    Bannings occurred and all was right in the kingdom again. More or less. La fin.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not you, a mod who asked the same question. And I was joking.

Some butt hurt was going on.... Some members stating someone else needed to step down and leave the island.
    Someone said make a poll and if the majority voted them off the island they would leave.
    A poll was made per that request and much butt hurt flowed forth across the lands of INGO.
    Bannings occurred and all was right in the kingdom again. More or less. La fin.

Ohhhhh.... well, you really can't get upset if someone honors a request.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Describing it does not do the cold justice, one must experience it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom