• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well then, let's get this party started
    I think if that’s the goal those people should not hide behind state’s rights. Because if states rights were really the goal, those people would just leave it at that. But regardless, I don’t think people with such starkly different worldviews can peacefully coexist.

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I guess its truly indicative of how defenseless a position is when the best you can do is the "Ol' its just more convenient to kill them" argument.

You're last statement is not only false but its contradicted by your previous sentence which is far more accurate. Many people would love to adOpt but are deterred by a process that is prohibitively expensive, highly intrusive, and potentially risky. Even with all of those obstacles there are more people that want to adopt than there are babies to adopt.
    Sure, there are good people out there, but how many would step up to deal with the adaption bullcrap already in place?

All the people are against abortion, but the children they saved have always been some else's problem, not yours.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well, how many are go getting?

These babies have to go somewhere, but where?

While you lit up the fireworks and bring out the champagne, this is the reality the entire society has to face.
    There are a lot looking to adopt. Took us 7 years, and I had the cash. Unfortunately it's mainly about funds. I've watched folks go many avenues to raise funds to have the opportunity (saw one couple on their weekends off at an event selling t-shirts). Eliminate that hurdle, and you'd see many more adoptions.
    We'd have done it again, but with our ages, it would not be fair to the next kid.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, how many are go getting?

These babies have to go somewhere, but where?

While you lit up the fireworks and bring out the champagne, this is the reality the entire society has to face.
    If you're that worried about it, maybe cut unwed mothers off from assistance at any higher number of children than they had when initially enrolling. If you can't afford more children, maybe keep your legs closed

Stop funding limitless out of wedlock pregnancies and perhaps there will be much fewer 'unwanted' children to be adopted out. when you subsidize something you always get more of it

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    If you're that worried about it, maybe cut unwed mothers off from assistance at any higher number of children than they had when initially enrolling. If you can't afford more children, maybe keep your legs closed

Stop funding limitless out of wedlock pregnancies and perhaps there will be much fewer 'unwanted' children to be adopted out. when you subsidize something you always get more of it
    Ok, do you think the republicans have the balls to take on that task? For real.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    There are a lot looking to adopt. Took us 7 years, and I had the cash. Unfortunately it's mainly about funds. I've watched folks go many avenues to raise funds to have the opportunity (saw one couple on their weekends off at an event selling t-shirts). Eliminate that hurdle, and you'd see many more adoptions.
    We'd have done it again, but with our ages, it would not be fair to the next kid.
    That problem, like so many other, is government created...

Had they left **** alone, that mess wouldn't be like it is.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Unfortunately, adaption isn't getting any easier, not just financially.

My wife and I tried many years to have children, finally got ours when she was 41 after problems with miscarriage. We seriously looked for adaption route, but apparently it's easier to do our own.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Sure, there are good people out there, but how many would step up to deal with the adaption bullcrap already in place?

All the people are against abortion, but the children they saved have always been some else's problem, not yours.
    That's a hurdle, that if it actually materializes, is easily dealt with by reductions in those regulations that drive the costs up. Not by continuing to kill babies.

My wife and I would love to adOpt and make that problem ours however, that's beside the point. The problem is not yours either and even if it were, continuing the killing unborn babies would be a pathetically **** poor way to solve it.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    In a scaled society, that’s just the way it is. I mean. I could just look down my nose at them, and say, you made your bed, now you lie in it. But then what about the kid’s life we say is sanctified? He or she didn’t asked to be born to parents that didn’t want him. I think it’s a fair question. How committed are we to ending abortions?
    Not very if there is only accusation of looking down the nose at reality.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    That's nothing new, it has been like that since the 80's and 90's. We couldn't even take care what's on hand right now, don't even think about what's coming up.

Those babies are popping out every day, every minute to the parents whom didn't want them.

What are you gonna do about it other than a pat on your own back?
    https://www.wthr.com/article/news/l...mily/531-e33d44c8-eeb3-4b75-8a80-4f7dfccf3be0

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Well, you know they have these contraceptive methods these days for those engaging in "wanted" sex. Been having sex since I was 17 (I'm 62 now) and have never gotten anyone pregnant. Crazy, right?
    Well it’s only been in the last year that men could get pregnant so you had 61 years that were safe.
    (Just kidding)

60 years for me, it’s not rocket science to wear a rubber. Never expected the woman to be the one responsible for preventing pregnancies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unfortunately this would require a massive expansion of government that I don't think any of us would like to see.
    That’s why I say enforcing responsibility to that level is impractical. The reality would be, we’d have more of what we say we don’t like. More power to child protective services. And more fatherless homes. Adoption to parents who are already responsible would be ideal. But that takes more people willing to want these kids.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have personal experience (through people that are/were close to me). I will just say that I can see where "mistakes" or "accidents" do happen. Once. After that, if something is not done to prevent that type of "mistake" or "accident" from happening again, it's pure laziness or negligence. With the state of modern medicine (reversible vasectomies or tubal ligation that are pretty much fool-proof), there really is no excuse for a second occurrence.
    I don’t think that’s practical either. What great new government bureaucracy will be needed to handle that?

Many churches run pregnancy centers to help mothers who are unexpectedly pregnant. They offer help in placing these kids with parents who will hopefully offer these kids a better life. I think if we’re going to say we believe in the sanctity of life, that means a lot more than just birth and then forget it.

The people who fought hard to get RvW overturned play a part in the responsibility of what happens to these kids now that the parents can’t just easily end the pregnancy. If life is sacred maybe being confident in that belief means helping these kids once they’ve survived birth.

I don’t think that should have to be up to government to enforce responsibility. Private charities seems like the best place to handle it. Though I’m not a believer I think churches could serve communities in this way. Help people learn to be responsible. And for those who just can’t be, at least help the child grow up with parents who care.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess its truly indicative of how defenseless a position is when the best you can do is the "Ol' its just more convenient to kill them" argument.

You're last statement is not only false but its contradicted by your previous sentence which is far more accurate. Many people would love to adOpt but are deterred by a process that is prohibitively expensive, highly intrusive, and potentially risky. Even with all of those obstacles there are more people that want to adopt than there are babies to adopt.
    That’s a problem that needs solved. I think the red tape around adoption is onerously prohibitive, without really contributing to the wellbeing of the child.

But to my earlier point. There are more people wanting to adopt now. I’ll just accept that as a fact without challenge. But that’s with laws that allow abortions for unwanted children. I think that will, if things go as you might expect them to, significantly increase supply. I think that’s a reasonable outcome. It’s hard to say to what extent at this point because society is so willing to help women get abortions.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or fewer people screwing without regard to the consequences.
    Undoubtedly RvW created a greater sense of “free love”. I think there will still be a lot of unwanted pregnancies. There were before RvW. They were better hidden because pregnancy out of wedlock was frowned upon. So the plastic Baptists found all kinds of ways to preserve the appearance of their piety. What will they do now that society has reversed the culture?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That’s a problem that needs solved. I think the red tape around adoption is onerously prohibitive, without really contributing to the wellbeing of the child.
    This. It needs to be easier to adopt domestically and easier to immigrate to the country legally. (while we are on the subject of making things easier)

There also need to be safeguards to donor families that agree to support a mom in exchange for adopting the child. Lots of horror stories of couples paying a mom tens of thousands of dollars over the term only to be told within 48 hours of the birth "sorry, I changed my mind. I'm keeping the baby. Sorry about your luck... and all that money you gave me. Now you're not only still childless, you're now $50,000 poorer. So sad, too bad."

Top Bottom