• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When people FIFY, they should mark what they fixed. I don’t want to have to compare the posts and do a mental diff. If it’s a really short. Not a big deal.

He added the word "some" to my post.

The young (white) couple that adopted DoggyMama's late daughter's biracial twins, even with 3 children of their own come to mind. So yes, there is demand for some adoptable babys.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I grew up going to JH and HS with maybe 60-90 kids that lived in a Baptist Home for Children, very few were adopted in those years. That would have been 70-76.
    Children are a tough sell in the adoption world, babies are an easier to move.
    That's fair. Older children are a challenge. But we're talking about newborns from here forward (hopefully).

ETA: The grandsons in question were adopted when they were 4 years old, not newborns.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    That’s not even a logical comparison of what I said. For one thing, it’s not in my own world. I’m talking about the world we both live in. You know, the one which is not all just black and white.
    In your world no one should face repercussions for actions as long as they are only acting irresponsibly all I did was expand what you said and apply it to another life. Somehow the person killed in a dui is more valuable than the baby?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In your world no one should face repercussions for actions as long as they are only acting irresponsibly all I did was expand what you said and apply it to another life. Somehow the person killed in a dui is more valuable than the baby?
    That’s not my world. I never said that. You inferred it.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In

Marion County Prosecutor says he will not file criminal charges against doctors or patients

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It's a legit question no matter you are for or against abortion.

Co-worker of mine had been a foster parent for over 300 kids here in Indy. He and his wife adapted the last one 4 years ago and called it quits on fostering after 33 years, citing the red tape and overall environment just made it impossible to continue being in the system.

And they don't see any possibilities things would change for the better.

That was during the Trump years, when a lot of things had been good.

Another one after going through all the trouble adapting a girl from Tennessee, they gave up adapting in the U.S., their second one was from Guatemala.

Everybody wants other people not to have an abortion, nobody wants to pick up the kids they don't want.
    I guess its truly indicative of how defenseless a position is when the best you can do is the "Ol' its just more convenient to kill them" argument.

You're last statement is not only false but its contradicted by your previous sentence which is far more accurate. Many people would love to adOpt but are deterred by a process that is prohibitively expensive, highly intrusive, and potentially risky. Even with all of those obstacles there are more people that want to adopt than there are babies to adopt.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Marion County Prosecutor says he will not file criminal charges against doctors or patients​

Shocker.

Or rioters. Or looters. Or robbers.

Since when did local laws supercede state laws? Seems reason enough to remove him from his "duty"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The idea of State's rights is fine. I think that's the right level to address this issue. How many pro-life activists are willing to leave it there? I think the next step for them is to push for a national law banning it in every state. I think we're headed straight for civil war at this point anyway, and that would probably push it to get started much quicker.
    Well then, let's get this party started

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If they arent doing whatever they gotta do to provide for the child, they should be incarcerated. It isnt the childs fault, it isnt my fault they acted irresponsible. Lets stop thinking of ways to bail people out of their responsibilities and start holding people accountable for their actions.
    Unfortunately this would require a massive expansion of government that I don't think any of us would like to see.

Top Bottom