• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    How many of these unwanted kids will INGO members adapt?
    Abortion is not meant to be birth control these are ALL adults they know how babies are made. After the baby is made is NOT the time to start planning how to not have a baby.

People need to be held accountable for their actions I believe this is part of the BIG problem in this country. Too much handholding finger pointing and people “fixing” everyone’s mistakes. Every action has a reaction if you don’t want the reaction don’t do the action. It is simple my 6 year old can explain it to these people. She has more accountability than these “adults” screaming on tv.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thats such a ridiculous argument for allowing abortion.
    I don’t think it’s a very good argument in favor of legalizing abortion. But it’s a very good question to ask, the answers to which give insight into the confidence of the positions held on the other side.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Thats such a ridiculous argument for allowing abortion.
    Im guessing you weren't around in the 50's,60's and early 70's.
    If you were, you would remember Orphanages and Homes for Children across this country.
    Lets ask ourselfs where did they go?
    And the answers not, Foster Parents and Adoption.
    Same thing happened to the County and State Mental Institutions and Hospitals.
    Legislation changed what happened to unwanted children and released crazy folks into the public arena.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, you know they have these contraceptive methods these days for those engaging in "wanted" sex. Been having sex since I was 17 (I'm 62 now) and have never gotten anyone pregnant. Crazy, right?
    So that’s it? Because the parents are ******, and maybe don’t want the kid, it’s just too bad for the kid because the parents didn’t avail themselves of a rubber? I think the sanctity of life is a strong argument against abortion, but if we really are confident in that then what are we willing to do, not just to save the kid’s life but to give him a life after he’s born?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Abortion is not meant to be birth control these are ALL adults they know how babies are made. After the baby is made is NOT the time to start planning how to not have a baby.
    It's a legit question no matter you are for or against abortion.

Co-worker of mine had been a foster parent for over 300 kids here in Indy. He and his wife adapted the last one 4 years ago and called it quits on fostering after 33 years, citing the red tape and overall environment just made it impossible to continue being in the system.

And they don't see any possibilities things would change for the better.

That was during the Trump years, when a lot of things had been good.

Another one after going through all the trouble adapting a girl from Tennessee, they gave up adapting in the U.S., their second one was from Guatemala.

Everybody wants other people not to have an abortion, nobody wants to pick up the kids they don't want.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Other people's mistakes become someone else's responsibility to fix? If there were some reminder somewhere that life can be very very difficult if there are poor choices made and that no one will come calling to fix it for free, a lot of these "societal issues" can be solved.

Freedom is precious. Don't waste it on poor choices.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

People need to be held accountable for their actions I believe this is part of the BIG problem in this country. Too much handholding finger pointing and people “fixing” everyone’s mistakes. Every action has a reaction if you don’t want the reaction don’t do the action. It is simple my 6 year old can explain it to these people. She has more accountability than these “adults” screaming on tv.
    No, abortion is exactly birth control. It’s use is primarily for ending unwanted pregnancies. So sure. People acted irresponsibly. They got pregnant. And is it the case that raising the child they don’t want the right consequence? I thought that one of the arguments against abortion was adopting out unwanted kids. So isn’t it a fair question? Who is willing to adopt these kids? Maybe there will be great demand from couples who can’t have kids. I hope that’s the case.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So that’s it? Because the parents are ******, and maybe don’t want the kid, it’s just too bad for the kid because the parents didn’t avail themselves of a rubber? I think the sanctity of life is a strong argument against abortion, but if we really are confident in that then what are we willing to do, not just to save the kid’s life but to give him a life after he’s born?
    I have personal experience (through people that are/were close to me). I will just say that I can see where "mistakes" or "accidents" do happen. Once. After that, if something is not done to prevent that type of "mistake" or "accident" from happening again, it's pure laziness or negligence. With the state of modern medicine (reversible vasectomies or tubal ligation that are pretty much fool-proof), there really is no excuse for a second occurrence.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Why does everyone believe that one persons mistake should be the responsibility of someone other than that person? You hold the people accountable who made the child, both mother AND father. If they arent doing whatever they gotta do to provide for the child, they should be incarcerated. It isnt the childs fault, it isnt my fault they acted irresponsible. Lets stop thinking of ways to bail people out of their responsibilities and start holding people accountable for their actions.

If the parents are incarcerated, then and only then should someone able to do so care for that child. If 2 people are unable to do so, dont be irresponsible and risk having a child. Simple.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Who is willing to adopt these kids? Maybe there will be great demand from couples who can’t have kids. I hope that’s the case.
    The young (white) couple that adopted DoggyMama's late daughter's biracial twins, even with 3 children of their own come to mind. So yes, there is demand for adoptable children.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Other people's mistakes become someone else's responsibility to fix? If there were some reminder somewhere that life can be very very difficult if there are poor choices made and that no one will come calling to fix it for free, a lot of these "societal issues" can be solved.

Freedom is precious. Don't waste it on poor choices.
    In a scaled society, that’s just the way it is. I mean. I could just look down my nose at them, and say, you made your bed, now you lie in it. But then what about the kid’s life we say is sanctified? He or she didn’t asked to be born to parents that didn’t want him. I think it’s a fair question. How committed are we to ending abortions?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why does everyone believe that one persons mistake should be the responsibility of someone other than that person? You hold the people accountable who made the child, both mother AND father. If they arent doing whatever they gotta do to provide for the child, they should be incarcerated. It isnt the childs fault, it isnt my fault they acted irresponsible. Lets stop thinking of ways to bail people out of their responsibilities and start holding people accountable for their actions.

If the parents are incarcerated, then and only then should someone able to do so care for that child. If 2 people are unable to do so, dont be irresponsible and risk having a child. Simple.
    Yeah, I’m not with you on that one. I like a good personal responsibility argument too. But sometimes it’s not as practical as we imagine it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The young (white) couple that adopted DoggyMama's late daughter's biracial twins, even with 3 children of their own come to mind. So yes, there is demand for adoptable children.
    Now the supply and demand might be close to equilibrium. But, in all states prior to now, abortion has been legal. So now that it’s not in some states, i think the supply of unwanted kids might exceed the demand like it did decades ago when abortion was illegal in many states.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah, I’m not with you on that one. I like a good personal responsibility argument too. But sometimes it’s not as practical as we imagine it.
    Seems pretty practical to me. Theres a sure fire way to not have a child if you cant raise it...

Why should i have to raise your kid? Im not the one who had the night of fun. Theres many ways to prevent pregnancy before they happen... teaching people they dont have to be responsible if they become pregnant is ridiculous.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seems pretty practical to me. Theres a sure fire way to not have a child if you cant raise it...

Why should i have to raise your kid? Im not the one who had the night of fun. Theres many ways to prevent pregnancy before they happen... teaching people they dont have to be responsible if they become pregnant is ridiculous.
    That’s a problem. Teaching people they don’t have to be responsible is a problem. It’s impractical though just to leave it at that. There will be a societal consequence. And that’s the practical truth of it.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    No, abortion is exactly birth control. It’s use is primarily for ending unwanted pregnancies. So sure. People acted irresponsibly. They got pregnant. And is it the case that raising the child they don’t want the right consequence? I thought that one of the arguments against abortion was adopting out unwanted kids. So isn’t it a fair question? Who is willing to adopt these kids? Maybe there will be great demand from couples who can’t have kids. I hope that’s the case

you know what you’re are right. So in your world we should not punish drunk drivers that kill someone. Obviously it’s just a case of them acting “irresponsibly” acting irresponsible has consequences your argument is no better than the cashless bail and soft on crime policies. After all the thief just acted irresponsibly should we really make him serve a prison term for it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    you know what you’re are right. So in your world we should not punish drunk drivers that kill someone. Obviously it’s just a case of them acting “irresponsibly” acting irresponsible has consequences your argument is no better than the cashless bail and soft on crime policies. After all the thief just acted irresponsibly should we really make him serve a prison term for it?
    That’s not even a logical comparison of what I said. For one thing, it’s not in my own world. I’m talking about the world we both live in. You know, the one which is not all just black and white.

Top Bottom