• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    How many INGO'ers ragging on those guys for being overweight want to post up their pants size? As far as "getting to touch" her, that says more about your fantasies than guys you don't know. I've been my hands on a lot of folks over the years, and how attractive they were (or more often...weren't) didn't matter. If these guys were wrong, they are wrong, but I think its pretty baseless to make them into sex offenders or fetishists.

I can count on zero hands how many jaywalking tickets I've written, a citation book lasted me on average about 3 years while I was on the street*, but if I ask for your ID to write you a citation of any kind and your answer is "I didn't do anything wrong", I'll only play for so long, then you're going to jail for Refusal to ID. Tell me who you are so I can fill out the citation, and off you go. Make it impossible for me to fill it out because I don't know who you are, go to jail. Your call. Screaming that you didn't do anything wrong has a 0% chance of convincing me you didn't do anything wrong.

*Citations don't count traffic tickets, which are written on a UTT (well, on a computer now, but a UTT then) and not on a citation form.

my only fantasy is that a female who pays the wages of these public servants, that they show her some courtesy and respect "grabbed her by the arm and handcuffed her " "pushed her back down to the ground "

Last edited:

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    How many INGO'ers ragging on those guys for being overweight want to post up their pants size? As far as "getting to touch" her, that says more about your fantasies than guys you don't know. I've been my hands on a lot of folks over the years, and how attractive they were (or more often...weren't) didn't matter. If these guys were wrong, they are wrong, but I think its pretty baseless to make them into sex offenders or fetishists.

I can count on zero hands how many jaywalking tickets I've written, a citation book lasted me on average about 3 years while I was on the street*, but if I ask for your ID to write you a citation of any kind and your answer is "I didn't do anything wrong", I'll only play for so long, then you're going to jail for Refusal to ID. Tell me who you are so I can fill out the citation, and off you go. Make it impossible for me to fill it out because I don't know who you are, go to jail. Your call. Screaming that you didn't do anything wrong has a 0% chance of convincing me you didn't do anything wrong.

*Citations don't count traffic tickets, which are written on a UTT (well, on a computer now, but a UTT then) and not on a citation form.

Not being smart alecky here. Just curious. What if I don't have my ID? I used to run a lot (More years ago than I care to say now) but I always ran with headphones and never carried ID. I think I can understand the young lady being upset if she were running along into her music and got grabbed, and scared. I wish it could have played out a little better.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

I wasn't ragging but.... around 185lbs @ 5'9" in my 50's... according to my doctor I need to get down to 170lbs.

forgot my pants size... 34

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Not being smart alecky here. Just curious. What if I don't have my ID? I used to run a lot (More years ago than I care to say now) but I always ran with headphones and never carried ID. I think I can understand the young lady being upset if she were running along into her music and got grabbed, and scared. I wish it could have played out a little better.

She could have given them her name and address is what he is saying.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How many INGO'ers ragging on those guys for being overweight want o post up their pants size?
    As a CrossFit and Combatives instructor, I have very strong opinions about health and law enforcement but I would have a hard time pointing fingers if I was just as out of shape as the person I was criticizing. Some obviously do not have an issue.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Verbal works fine. I can usually verify you are who you say you are pretty quickly. Even without computers and the ability to pull up a driver's license photo, even the thuglettes with warrants who memorize each other's names, DOB, and SSN seldom know the last traffic ticket they got, previous addresses on driver's license, etc.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Apples and oranges, but I see your overall point, as well as theirs. To your point, you are correct... glass houses, throwing stones, etc.

My reasoning between apples/oranges is we arent charged with "to serve and protect." While I'm not fat, (5'9" 140) I AM out of shape... but my job is to turn screws and use my noggin to fix things, not be ready to chase my malfunctioning server down the hall and tackle/overpower it. :):

I see their point and have to somewhat agree; If you are going to be protecting us and be out there chasing down perps you shouldnt have trouble seeing your belt buckle, or get winded walking to the suspect's car to give him a speeding ticket.

But then again, given the ruling in Warren v. DC, your official job is to write tickets to generate revenue and take reports after the fact. :):

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Physical fitness has never been a problem for me..spent too many years roofing. I have little respect for out of shape law enforcement officers. I believe that the physical standards for a street cop should be substantial. I grew up with some guys that always craved "authority", who found their way into law enforcement. Looked to me like this situation could have been handled much better.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My reasoning between apples/oranges is we arent charged with "to serve and protect."

Until the question comes up of LEO's being able to carry where LTCH holders are not. Then we're all the same per a faction on INGO.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-law-enforcement-personal-carry-question.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-minnesota-police-sue-nfl-special-rights.html

Now I will say physical fitness is a part of law enforcement, no doubt, but like many things its not as simple as it seems. I've overweight, and have been since high school. I was in the Army, per their standards I'd have to cut off a leg and a half to not take the tape test (body fat measurement for those who don't meet the "standard" height/weight chart). The Army said I should weigh 185 or less. I've *never* weighed under 215 lbs in my adult life, even when I could run two miles in 13 minutes flat. However I've never failed to pass any PT test for the military or ILEA standards. I've ran 11.4 miles this week, but even at my absolute best shape I was never a sprinter. I'm a linebacker, quick for about 2 yards and then you're gone and I am NEVER going to catch you. I had my knee blown out for me in the Army so I can't stretch my stride out without hurting myself, I'm 240 lbs, and I'm slow. However, I bring other things to the table. I am very good at seeing patterns, at interviews, and knowing and remembering case law, and gaining compliance, etc. All of these things also matter in law enforcement. Should I be fired because I've got a gut and can't outrun your average 14 year old in a 200m sprint? Does that outweigh (ha!) the good I bring to the table?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish this tub of Reese's peanut butter eggs and then grab a doughnut.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Seriously, why would any officer in this country want to cite someone for jaywalking?

It's all about the POWER... Put a badge on some one and give them a little bit of authority... and they take it and run... (I'm only talking about maybe 15% of the PD's out there). Who IMO should all be fired...

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously, why would any officer in this country want to cite someone for jaywalking?

Texas chief defends officers after jaywalking arrest video goes viral

"Quite frankly, she wasn't charged with resisting and she's lucky I wasn't the arresting officer because I wouldn't have been as generous," he said.

Officers assigned to neighborhoods west and north of UT had fielded complaints about people not following pedestrian laws near the campus.Officers patrolled the area Thursday, issuing seven citations and 28 warnings. Acevedo said those assignments are designed to change behavior and "not necessarily" to issue citations or take people to jail.

He noted that 96 pedestrians have been killed and 1,757 injured in collisions with cars since 2009, not including a woman struck by a bus Friday on campus. The pedestrian is often at fault, Acevedo said.

Top Bottom