• ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Possible outcomes:
    1. The DA, seeing and hearing all the bad press, refuses to press charges.
    2. Police chief, seeing and hearing all the bad press, releases her before the DA gets involved.
    3. Actual charges are pressed and the city loses it's ass in a law suit.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    good eye snapdragon. if it was donuts the girl could escape.
    I've seen large animals poo on the steet during parades.

9mm fan the city loses it's ass. you mean the taxpayers lose their asses.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mr. J is right, Austin police have a rep for being heavy-handed, plus as a Hoosier I find Texas law heavy-handed, e.g. infractions are arrestable (go to jail) offenses there.

I was once thrown out of a public park in downtown Austin for exercising (burpess, jumping jacks, Wing Chun forms, nothing damaging to any park property or anyone) by a young Austin cop. IME, the smaller the town in Texas, the more level-headed the coppers down there.

Anywho, hope this lady gets the help she needs. I have several friends there.:D

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How do you know she couldn't hear them, I read the article provided and didn't see anything saying she couldn't hear them. I know when I have ear buds in I can still hear things around me (please don't tell my wife, I have her convinced I can't :D ), of course I don't have what ever I am listening to blaring either.

As some like to say in other threads, not enough information in this article for me to make a judgment.

The referenced article implied that she could not hear as well with the ear-buds in, but you are correct, no one has actually talked to the girl to get her side of the story. (if she is out of jail yet....)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One more reason why it's not a great idea to go jogging with earbuds turned up so high you can't hear the world around you.

Get a good look as those guys. Not very impressive figures. Not a good idea to come up on someone from behind and grab them. Especially for a Jay walk citation. Get up in front of her and announce your intentions.....oh wait, those two tubs can't run.

Bit much for the "CRIME"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is that a couple Chocolate Doughnuts in front of her or did she go poo from all the excitement :dunno:

woman-arrested-on-street-615x345.jpg

If they were donuts those 2 tubs would be mixing it up over them.

ratfortman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    Mr. J is right, Austin police have a rep for being heavy-handed, plus as a Hoosier I find Texas law heavy-handed, e.g. infractions are arrestable (go to jail) offenses there.

I was once thrown out of a public park in downtown Austin for exercising (burpess, jumping jacks, Wing Chun forms, nothing damaging to any park property or anyone) by a young Austin cop. IME, the smaller the town in Texas, the more level-headed the coppers down there.

Kirk, this is part 1 of a 6 part series on burpee fundamentals. It helped me tremendously. If you are interested, that is:

Burpee Skill Transfer Pt.1 | Gymnastics WOD

lots of other good stuff there too

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Kirk, this is part 1 of a 6 part series on burpee fundamentals. It helped me tremendously. If you are interested, that is:

Burpee Skill Transfer Pt.1 | Gymnastics WOD

lots of other good stuff there too

You should watch the video about Electra, TX then.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They must have wiped their hands and declared Austin crime free for these two idiots to waste time ticketing jaywalkers. They'll be the first to start complaining that they are understaffed and need more money to hire more officers.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Clearly had to put her on the ground for officer safety.

Yep, if not she might run again...and they would pull a muscle or something.

Jaywalking is a serious "starter crime". You gotta nip that in the bud. You break the law, you need to be punished. You ignore a Texas cop?!?! WTF!!! You heard everything is bigger in Texas right? Well, that would account for some of the ego's I've met.

I'm just grateful I'm from the right side of the Red River.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Is that a couple Chocolate Doughnuts in front of her or did she go poo from all the excitement :dunno:

Oh there are some donuts in that picture alright, but not where you were looking.
    joggerabuse_zps8e77e664.jpg

These are the kind of low life that give good police a bad name. They should lose the right to be LEOs. Wonder if that's how they treat their dates? Wives? Daughters?

It's hard to muster respect for any man who enjoys picking on little girls.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom