Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When OP is locked post #5 will continue the scoring. UPDATED - can't amend post #1 nor #5, so just look for the most recent of my scoring posts.

So it's now President Donald J. Trump. He gets a clean slate. He starts out with a 100% approval rating from me. However, as his presidency continues, I will rate his actions. It may go down, it may go up (if less than 100), but I will explain why he loses or gains points. I figure this is the best way to do this rather than post numerous individual threads about his presidency. Good natured debate is welcome, bad natured debate is not, and if pervasive without moderator intervention, I'll simply go back to my original plan and post a bunch of "Trump" threads.

Other member's ratings are welcome.

Anyways.

Trump Approval Rating: 86.7

1/22/2017- Announcement of not releasing taxes, even after completing audit -2
    1/23/2017 -Withdrawal from TPP (+0.5 since it never was enacted), reminding American funds from foreign interests (+1) = +1.5
    1/28/2017 -Immigration and Visa EO -4
    1/29/2017 -Removal of Chairman of Joint Chiefs and Director of National Intelligence as permanent members of the National Security Council and the addition of Chief Strategist, Steve Bannon, as permanent member to the body -1
    2/1/2017 -Announcement of Gorsuch as SCOTUS replacement +1
    2/1/2017 -Unannounced trip to visit family of first soldier KIA under his watch +0.2
    2/14/2017 - Resignation of incompetent National Security Advisor (M. Flynn) -1
    2/16/2017 - Request that Israel slow down on settlements +0.5
    2/22/2017 - Trump rescinds Trangender bathroom protections, and leaves it up to the individual states +1
    2/24/2017 - Exclusion of specific media outlets from the White House Press Room -2
    +4/5/2017 - Removal of Steve Bannon from National Security Council +1
    4/6/2017 - Missile attack on Syria -5
    4/29/2017 -Trump invites Philippines dictator Duterte to the White House -0.5
    General - ICE activity in the removal of illegals +2
    General - Has signed more EOs than any president since WW2 -1
    5/9/2017 - The firing of FBI Director James Comey (method/reason/effect) -3
    5/31/2017 - Failing to Drain the Swamp (on-going) - WH issues ethics waivers to 12 staff members, allowing them to not abide by the EO he issued to combat this sort of thing. -1

Non-pointable embarrassments:
    -Twitter (on-going)
    -Angela Merkel non-Handshake
    - 2017 Presidential Voter Fraud (on-going)
    - Disbelief in Russian attempts to disrupt the 2016 Election (on-going)
    - Praise of Kim Jong Un (on-going)
    - Not letting Sean Spicer meet the Pope
    - Pushing the leader of Montenegro

Voter fraud?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Conway one pretty much is. She's a strategist. Discussing strategy is what she does.

Others, like the Jones Day one, are somewhat routine, taken at face value.

The Liddell one, involving the trust, is noteworthy. Hard to tell what to make of that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I saw the Conway one, with its limitation to former clients, as an acknowledgement that she shouldn't be expected to burn down her business/future livelihood. It doesn't say she can pursue new clients of the same nature. The proof will be in how she uses such wiggle room, but in the hyper-partisan environment currently extant it is better to give them this shield overtly rather than try to explain things later after yet another over-inflated, ginned-up 'crisis' arises

While I will concede the small, in my estimation, set-back for swamp draining, I am not too bothered by this. The biggest alligators in the swamp did not arrive on the Trump train and targeting is a matter of priorities

What shall the chest-beaters of anti-nepotism make of who's not on the list

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Since today appears to be Fun with English day, the Pitcock waiver has at least 1 spelling error. That's kinda becoming a thing with the Trump administration.

This was specific to certain staff designations - White House Office and the Office of the Vice President. I'm not sure where the family members' are employed within the administration, so they may be subject to different waivers.

For as not-thrilled as I am with the nepotism, granting waivers is only a nominal impact beyond that. It was kinda assumed that they'd get waivers - formal and informal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Since today appears to be Fun with English day, the Pitcock waiver has at least 1 spelling error. That's kinda becoming a thing with the Trump administration.

This was specific to certain staff designations - White House Office and the Office of the Vice President. I'm not sure where the family members' are employed within the administration, so they may be subject to different waivers.

For as not-thrilled as I am with the nepotism, granting waivers is only a nominal impact beyond that. It was kinda assumed that they'd get waivers - formal and informal.

Yeah, but the kicker is that for a guy who rallied around draining the swamp...granting more waivers since he he's been in office, than the previous administration did during its entire 8 year term, raises some eyebrows.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    T.Lex; hope you know #2229 is a firework, not a targeted round
    haha

Indeed. :) I took it as such. :D

Frankly, I can't remember where I was on the Trump nepotism. I think nepotism is a bad idea in general, but also acknowledge there are times when the most trusted SME on a topic might be a family member.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, but the kicker is that for a guy who rallied around draining the swamp...granting more waivers since he he's been in office, than the previous administration did during its entire 8 year term, raises some eyebrows.

Would this be concluded using the same tallying system that counted zero scandals within those same eight years

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement, a campaign pledge delivered... however it makes the United States one of three nations that are not part of the agreement. Lot of people on both sides disagree with this move and many business believe that this will hurt employment in the nation over the long run. I also hold the belief that this will hinder the clean energy progress we have made. I'm not so sure how you can lead from the rear.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When OP is locked post #5 will continue the scoring. UPDATED - can't amend post #1 nor #5, so just look for the most recent of my scoring posts.

So it's now President Donald J. Trump. He gets a clean slate. He starts out with a 100% approval rating from me. However, as his presidency continues, I will rate his actions. It may go down, it may go up (if less than 100), but I will explain why he loses or gains points. I figure this is the best way to do this rather than post numerous individual threads about his presidency. Good natured debate is welcome, bad natured debate is not, and if pervasive without moderator intervention, I'll simply go back to my original plan and post a bunch of "Trump" threads.

Other member's ratings are welcome.

Anyways.

Trump Approval Rating: 84.7

1/22/2017- Announcement of not releasing taxes, even after completing audit -2
    1/23/2017 -Withdrawal from TPP (+0.5 since it never was enacted), reminding American funds from foreign interests (+1) = +1.5
    1/28/2017 -Immigration and Visa EO -4
    1/29/2017 -Removal of Chairman of Joint Chiefs and Director of National Intelligence as permanent members of the National Security Council and the addition of Chief Strategist, Steve Bannon, as permanent member to the body -1
    2/1/2017 -Announcement of Gorsuch as SCOTUS replacement +1
    2/1/2017 -Unannounced trip to visit family of first soldier KIA under his watch +0.2
    2/14/2017 - Resignation of incompetent National Security Advisor (M. Flynn) -1
    2/16/2017 - Request that Israel slow down on settlements +0.5
    2/22/2017 - Trump rescinds Trangender bathroom protections, and leaves it up to the individual states +1
    2/24/2017 - Exclusion of specific media outlets from the White House Press Room -2
    +4/5/2017 - Removal of Steve Bannon from National Security Council +1
    4/6/2017 - Missile attack on Syria -5
    4/29/2017 -Trump invites Philippines dictator Duterte to the White House -0.5
    General - ICE activity in the removal of illegals +2
    General - Has signed more EOs than any president since WW2 -1
    5/9/2017 - The firing of FBI Director James Comey (method/reason/effect) -3
    5/31/2017 - Failing to Drain the Swamp (on-going) - WH issues ethics waivers to 12 staff members, allowing them to not abide by the EO he issued to combat this sort of thing. -1
    6/1/2017 - Withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement -2

Non-pointable embarrassments:
    -Twitter (on-going)
    -Angela Merkel non-Handshake
    - 2017 Presidential Voter Fraud (on-going)
    - Disbelief in Russian attempts to disrupt the 2016 Election (on-going)
    - Praise of Kim Jong Un (on-going)
    - Not letting Sean Spicer meet the Pope
    - Pushing the leader of Montenegro

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement, a campaign pledge delivered... however it makes the United States one of three nations that are not part of the agreement. Lot of people on both sides disagree with this move and many business believe that this will hurt employment in the nation over the long run. I also hold the belief that this will hinder the clean energy progress we have made. I'm not so sure how you can lead from the rear.

-2 is kind of a bullcrap grade, IMO, considering the agreement was not legally ratified in the first place. Especially in proportion to some of your other numbers.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, this is a wedge issue in some ways. Some people would probably go positive on this one, at a much higher rate.

I'm still basically neutral. Even this, I have a hard time getting worked up about. Its a symbolic act. What will be more important is what we now that we're out.

Top Bottom