Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Pablo Escabar turned the coke plant into a multi billion dollar empire back in the 1980's.......:)

Ours has a little more "kick".
    CCD-5.jpg.cf.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And we're seeing where China and India, although signatories to the Paris Treaty, plan to INCREASE coal plant construction past 2020. And, according to what I've read, neither country - nor Russia - has contributed to the "Environmental Fund" that's supposed to help Third World nations develop their own power. Europe is moving away from "clean energy" because they can't produce enough to meet their needs, and it appears their courts were ready to hold their feet to the fires of their (broken) promises - which would further diminish their economic circumstances. The US pulling out of a bad plan and denouncing it as such IS leadership, as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. All fads come to an end and the quicker we get this climate change fad behind us, the better off financially we'll all be.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That looks WAY more dangerous than sitting behind a gun counter slinging guns....Wow...

Well, a couple days ago, a contractor was in a "man-lift" like this
    th

Working near an EOT crane similar to this
    HTB1a4fWJXXXXXaKXVXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg

The safety guy thought the crane was going to pick up a ladle, and stop before the man-lift.
    But, the crane operator thought the man-lift was clear, and over ran it's position.

Fortunately, the man-lift was lowered enough that it cleared the crane, so it wasn't tipped over.
    Unfortunately, it was high enough to clobber a contractor.
    They took him out unconscious.
    Accident report pending.

Just read an accident report from May 31 at the Hot Strip mill.
    They take a slab, heat it and press it, until it's sheet mill.
    Well, the sheet moves at a considerable speed. Got a little misaligned, and spalled.
    Some of the spall shot out, and embedded itself in a worker's chest.
    Another ride for the ambulance.

Note: we have our own ambulances, our own EMT/paramedics, and security.

I've been for a ride 3 times to the hospital, and maybe half a dozen times to the on-site medical facility.

So... a bit dangerous.

Official Count Of Steel Mill Fatalities Often Misleading - tribunedigital-chicagotribune
    At Gary Works, 16 employees have been killed on the job over the last 15 years, according to a review of federal, state and union accident records. But the number jumps to 24 if fatalities among contract workers are included.

Gary Works is my mill.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, a couple days ago, a contractor was in a "man-lift" like this
    th

Working near an EOT crane similar to this
    HTB1a4fWJXXXXXaKXVXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg

The safety guy thought the crane was going to pick up a ladle, and stop before the man-lift.
    But, the crane operator thought the man-lift was clear, and over ran it's position.

Fortunately, the man-lift was lowered enough that it cleared the crane, so it wasn't tipped over.
    Unfortunately, it was high enough to clobber a contractor.
    They took him out unconscious.
    Accident report pending.

Well, the sheet moves at a considerable speed. Got a little misaligned, and spalled.

Note: we have our own ambulances, our own EMT/paramedics, and security.

I've been for a ride 3 times to the hospital, and maybe half a dozen times to the on-site medical facility.

So... a bit dangerous.

Official Count Of Steel Mill Fatalities Often Misleading - tribunedigital-chicagotribune
    At Gary Works, 16 employees have been killed on the job over the last 15 years, according to a review of federal, state and union accident records. But the number jumps to 24 if fatalities among contract workers are included.

Gary Works is my mill.

We've got similar bridge cranes but are used to move dies. Whenever someone is in a lift in the crane bay, the crane is either locked out or the runway gets redundant temporary stops put in to protect the workers in the lift. I causes headaches sometimes but nobody's gotten hit by a crane for as long as I can remember.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We've got similar bridge cranes but are used to move dies. Whenever someone is in a lift in the crane bay, the crane is either locked out or the runway gets redundant temporary stops put in to protect the workers in the lift. I causes headaches sometimes but nobody's gotten hit by a crane for as long as I can remember.

There are 3 EOT cranes on the west bay, and 2 on the east.
    They are NOT shutting an isle down unless absolutely necessary.

Only way is when enough Blast Furnaces shut down there isn't enough metal.
    A single ladle of steel is valued between $100, 000 and $1 million.
    We average a ladle every hour, though if the supply is there we can pour a heat in 30 minutes.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Returning this thread back to it's regularly scheduled programming...I hate to say this. Truly I do. But I think I'm done with Mr. T. I expected swamp draining and change but not a continuous train wreck. Todays events...meh. I think Pence can do the same thing and maybe even better.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yup. I can't believe I forgot about that.
    And I'm a steelworker, and I started off in the coke plant where we turned coal into coke.

There is no clean place in a mill (except maybe front offices), but the coke plant has to rank near the dirtiest if not the dirtiest.

Ours has a little more "kick".
    CCD-5.jpg.cf.jpg

Interesting, I've never seen one actually running. When I was there they were shut down for cleaning.

Gary Works is my mill.

I have seen a hot strip mill running, and you ain't kidding when you said it "moves at considerable speed". At least near the end, I can't remember just how fast they said it was moving, but I was amazed. You have any idea of a swag of the actual speed?

The fatalities surprise me, I would have figured they would have been higher. Do they count the workers who have "disappeared" while at work? Only half joking.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There is no clean place in a mill (except maybe front offices), but the coke plant has to rank near the dirtiest if not the dirtiest.

Interesting, I've never seen one actually running. When I was there they were shut down for cleaning.

I have seen a hot strip mill running, and you ain't kidding when you said it "moves at considerable speed". At least near the end, I can't remember just how fast they said it was moving, but I was amazed. You have any idea of a swag of the actual speed?

The fatalities surprise me, I would have figured they would have been higher. Do they count the workers who have "disappeared" while at work? Only half joking.

Injuries are still pretty high, though not as high as in the past. I used to work with about 10 percent of the people missing fingers/hands/feet/toes etc. See less of that now.
    And, in 100 years, there were 3 months with no OSHA recordable injuries. (They looked at injuries before OSHA, and accounted for those).

As for the speed, I've never went further west than steel producing. So I'm not sure about the finishing side.
    But according to this video, at about the 6:45 mark, says it's 40 MPH.
    [video=youtube;vggeM7wcK24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vggeM7wcK24[/video]

This is a Hot Strip mill accident in Poland
    [video=youtube;uxbsgWOjX5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxbsgWOjX5o[/video]

a little more
    [video=youtube;kh08p85n678]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh08p85n678[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Smartest person in Washington... James Comey. He just single-handedly made fools out of the WH. He's ensured Trump will have to deal with this issue for the foreseeable future, hindering his implementation of policy, and forcing his cronies to explain their lack of intervention. One man, and 7 pages... and lots of questions. Genius.

Kut (doesn't want to be on Comey's bad side)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Smartest person in Washington... James Comey. He just single-handedly made fools out of the WH. He's ensured Trump will have to deal with this issue for the foreseeable future, hindering his implementation of policy, and forcing his cronies to explain their lack of intervention. One man, and 7 pages... and lots of questions. Genius.

Kut (doesn't want to be on Comey's bad side)

I don't see it that way. All I see is some Don Corleone delusions on Trump's part. No obstruction. No collusion. just old fashioned NY back-room deal style ring kissing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't see it that way. All I see is some Don Corleone delusions on Trump's part. No obstruction. No collusion. just old fashioned NY back-room deal style ring kissing.

Well, now... you can bet Trump IS being investigated, as part of a criminal probe. Comey testified under oath, concerning Trump, and Trump's lawyer issued a statement contrary to Comey's sworn statement. Regardless of what one believes, Comey has just made life more difficult for the WH and it's agenda.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm shocked ... shocked, I say ... that deluded folks are still undergoing delusions

I would have expected -1 for being right (about the 3 times) but doing it in the wrong way

And the 'smartest person in washington' is fired and more radioactive than a Nork test site; a year, maybe less as a commentator until the novelty wears off then the wasteland

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, now... you can bet Trump IS being investigated, as part of a criminal probe. Comey testified under oath, concerning Trump, and Trump's lawyer issued a statement contrary to Comey's sworn statement. Regardless of what one believes, Comey has just made life more difficult for the WH and it's agenda.

Wait. What? Why would I bet that Trump IS being investigated when Comey said he wasn't? Did Comey lie?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wait. What? Why would I bet that Trump IS being investigated when Comey said he wasn't? Did Comey lie?

"Now,"...which is obviously after Comey's firing. He could only speak of what he knew at the time he was director... which as I stated, is earlier that "now."

Top Bottom