Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    -2 is kind of a bullcrap grade, IMO, considering the agreement was not legally ratified in the first place. Especially in proportion to some of your other numbers.

And you are entitled to it. Nevertheless, a decision that may have global negative environmental effects, with bi-partisan, familial, corporate, and global opposition... I stand by my score. And note, I made sure to reference it as a delivery on a campaign pledge because I know this will be seen as positive by some.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement, a campaign pledge delivered... however it makes the United States one of three nations that are not part of the agreement. Lot of people on both sides disagree with this move and many business believe that this will hurt employment in the nation over the long run. I also hold the belief that this will hinder the clean energy progress we have made. I'm not so sure how you can lead from the rear.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

primus: If this is true then there must be subsidies involved, which we should seek to end. Otherwise, if that progress is necessary, efficient and cost-effective will not the players keep at it anyway?

secundus: have we not only just broken free from this? Was not an eight year master class enough to teach you how - or is it that it doesn't work?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And you are entitled to it. Nevertheless, a decision that may have global negative environmental effects, with bi-partisan, familial, corporate, and global opposition... I stand by my score. And note, I made sure to reference it as a delivery on a campaign pledge because I know this will be seen as positive by some.

GOP is saying it'll save 4-6m jobs in America. Not sure the reasoning on that.

Probably also does some good w/ regards to "party uniting", to some extent, if that's worth much. Also strengthens, short term, the hate from the Progressives... giving more fuel to the "world is ending" stuff.

Edit: Case in point

DBQoPI_UMAAQC9w.jpg:small

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

https://fee.org/articles/the-amazing-arrogance-of-the-paris-climate-agreement/

Uh, huh.

The Paris Agreement is a “voluntary” agreement because its architects knew it would never pass the US Senate as a treaty. Why? Because the idea of the agreement is that the US government’s regulatory agencies would impose extreme mandates on its energy sector: how it should work, what kinds of emissions it should produce, the best ways to power our lives (read: not fossil fuels), and hand over to developing world regimes billions and even trillions of dollars in aid, a direct and ongoing forcible transfer of wealth from American taxpayers to regimes all over the world, at the expense of American freedom and prosperity.

Sounds super conservative.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement, a campaign pledge delivered... however it makes the United States one of three nations that are not part of the agreement. Lot of people on both sides disagree with this move and many business believe that this will hurt employment in the nation over the long run. I also hold the belief that this will hinder the clean energy progress we have made. I'm not so sure how you can lead from the rear.

You mean to tell us that you see value in leading the charge in the WRONG direction?

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Why is Saving the coal industry is so important? People don't want it, natural gas is cheaper. Only about 77,000 people are working in coal industry total, miners and office workers combined, right between the number of workers in brewery/winery industry and those employed by the skiing industry. It's less then the number of people that work at Arby's ....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...more-people-than-coal/?utm_term=.68f035dc5d85

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Why is Saving the coal industry is so important? People don't want it, natural gas is cheaper. Only about 77,000 people are working in coal industry total, miners and office workers combined, right between the number of workers in brewery/winery industry and those employed by the skiing industry. It's less then the number of people that work at Arby's ....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...more-people-than-coal/?utm_term=.68f035dc5d85

Because when your talking about a guy who believes exercise isn't good for you how can you possibly think anything he thinks would be rational?

Donald Trump has a very strange theory about exercise - CNNPolitics.com

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Natural Gas is cheaper.
    Well, my info is 2 years out of date, so that could be so.
    But 2 years ago, NIPSCO only used the Natural Gas powered generators when they had to. Because it was more expensive than coal.

And, that estimate of affected jobs fails like when they used to talk about steelworkers.
    It ignores the contractors hired.
    It ignores the companies/employees of suppliers. Such as safety equipment, instrumentation, tools, machinery, etc.
    It ignores all the people in the service industry in those mining areas. Unemployed miners don't go to restaurants, hotels, buy cars, get cabs, buy houses, or spend very much in general.

Or pay taxes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Making steel without coal: Lets talk about coal

So while research continues in New Zealand and around the globe, there is currently no viable alternative to using coal in large-scale production of steel.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And we're seeing where China and India, although signatories to the Paris Treaty, plan to INCREASE coal plant construction past 2020. And, according to what I've read, neither country - nor Russia - has contributed to the "Environmental Fund" that's supposed to help Third World nations develop their own power. Europe is moving away from "clean energy" because they can't produce enough to meet their needs, and it appears their courts were ready to hold their feet to the fires of their (broken) promises - which would further diminish their economic circumstances. The US pulling out of a bad plan and denouncing it as such IS leadership, as far as I'm concerned.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And we're seeing where China and India, although signatories to the Paris Treaty, plan to INCREASE coal plant construction past 2020. And, according to what I've read, neither country - nor Russia - has contributed to the "Environmental Fund" that's supposed to help Third World nations develop their own power. Europe is moving away from "clean energy" because they can't produce enough to meet their needs, and it appears their courts were ready to hold their feet to the fires of their (broken) promises - which would further diminish their economic circumstances. The US pulling out of a bad plan and denouncing it as such IS leadership, as far as I'm concerned.

:yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is how I see this.
    It seems the screaming snowflakes do not.

Top Bottom