• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Yes, im holding the gun in one hand and my Ipad in the other trying to get some help because I have no idea what to do now.

Ok , so what you're saying is , you're trapped in a bathroom stall in France with a gun and you don't know what to do ?

Well first thing's first , are there any Nazi's around ? No? Ok , good it's safe to come out .

Climb up on the toilet and lift one of the ceiling tiles out of place and climb in . Look for any sign of light and head towards it using your Ipad for light , it could be a way out , an opening .

If the opening isn't big enough , use the gun to enlarge it . Don't fire the gun , use it as a hammer and knock a bigger hole in the opening .

Use your clothing to make some rope (Bear Gryills style) so you can climb down the side of the building . This can be a tricky maneuver and you'll need to make sure your hydrated and up for the task .

So drink as much **** as you can before starting the climb .

Use your underwear to make a holster for your gun , but be sure to leave your socks on cause your feet will need some protection .

WAL- AHH ! Your out of the bathroom stall with your gun .

Next you'll need to get out of France and being that you're naked except for an underwear holster / gun and socks , this may be a bit trickier .

Last edited:

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Based on the scenario you painted, Sylvain...I'm guessing this is just a bone-headed mistake by some gun owner. If so, I'm equating this to somebody leaving their glasses or cell phone behind. I'd probably go ahead and do whatever business I came in there for hoping that the carelessness would soon be recognized and the owner would return soon. If not, I'd probably wrap it in a paper towel or two and take it to the manager as a lost and found issue.

Personally, I'd like to not get somebody in some trouble if I thought it was a innocent (but careless) mistake.

but it's not glasses or a cell phone, last I checked kids use public bathrooms too. If a gun owner forgets his gun like that then his LTCH should be revoked and he should no longer be a gun owner.

call the cops, end of discussion.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    - Continue with the business I went there for.
    - During said business, browse the interwebs.
    - Order barrel, extractor and firing pin for my new gun.
    - Finish original business and leave.
    - Buy lotto ticket

^ This. If you are careless enough to forget your gun in a bathroom stall, then it gets added to my collection...just as soon as I swap out the barrel and firing pin.

All these pages on this thread and not a word about property rights? What has happened to INGO???

I say that if you leave a $500 item lying around you have failed to properly maintain your own property, something that each individual is personally responsible for. If I drop a $20 bill in a parking lot and go back to look for it, only to discover some lucky soul has found and absconded with it, well thats my own fault for dropping it. Perhaps this hypothetical person should have opted for a pistol lanyard...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I believe there was a thread a month or so back where a cop did do this and someone found the gun. Can't remember what happened.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    There were two other threads a while back. One about how you shouldn't post your ham radio call sign on a publicly accessible web forum because there are databases where those can be used to look up your real identity and address.

Another one about whether, when posting pics of your own guns, one should blur out the serial numbers.

Thence comes the question. Is there a way a mere mortal can take the serial number from a firearm and search a publicly accessible database and find the real name and address of its last 4473 registered owner?
    The 4473 form is not a registry, it is a background check, plain and simple. The only way anyone could look up who owned the gun is if they found the gunshop that sold it. They're required to keep that form for 20 years, but they don't copy it or send it to anyone.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    ^ This. If you are careless enough to forget your gun in a bathroom stall, then it gets added to my collection...just as soon as I swap out the barrel and firing pin.
    Why are you so interested in swapping out the firing pin? I sorta get the barrel part, but if it was a cops gun, and he left it there, they could still match it up by the serial number. You going to file that off too?

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Microstamping.
    You do realize that microstamping is only in the beginning stages of testing, and isn't even implemented in Commiefornia? Nobody is going to be identifying any piece of brass based on the firing pin of a weapon for quite a while.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Or potentially if there is a system where FFLs report serial numbers of "wanted" guns if they ever come into the store.

False. At least here. One of my best friends owns a gun shop. SBPD and MPD will not give him any info on stolen guns. You can sell a stolen gun with no issue. They don't put out reports or anything. If you lose a gun, report it to your local FFL dealers, and pawn shops after you contact LEO. The PDs around here don't do much to help recover your stolen firearms.

Also, WHO IN THE HELL takes their gun out of the holster to ****? I found a .38 snubbie in a porta john once. Ridiculous.

I'd do the same as if I found a $500 bill laying there. Pocket it, and walk out. Anyone dumb enough to forget their gun deserves me to keep it. This includes LEOs. Let them take the lashing for losing it. I'll just sell it to a local FFL. :)

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    if you have a smartphone you could look up the number of where your at and call management without leaving the gun unnatended......thenagain, they may ask where you are and call swat on your azz for being a suspicious person calling from the bathroom who has a gun lol

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Many people do that.I even heard some people hang in by the trigger guard if there is a hook on the door.
    :ugh:

It's so common that Brink's has a policy and SOP regarding using the restroom...

If you take your belt off, you must buckle it and place it around your neck.

I just leave my belt on. It's not rocket surgery.

There's NO reason to unholster a gun while on the stool.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's so common that Brink's has a policy and SOP regarding using the restroom...

If you take your belt off, you must buckle it and place it around your neck.

I just leave my belt on. It's not rocket surgery.

There's NO reason to unholster a gun while on the stool.

Yep, if you have a IWB holster you can still remove it and keep the gun inside of it to prevent any NDs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom