• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I know what our Colonel did years ago when he found someone's M9 hanging on the back of the stall door in the latrine but....
    #1 You probably wouldn't want to act like that in public
    #2 You probably couldn't get away with that with civilians .
    :ar15:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would have used some clean toilet paper to wrap it up without putting my fingers on it, and delivered it to the manager. Pretty much what I would do if it was someone's iPhone sitting there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well 18 minutes elapsed between your original post and the one where you asked about leaving the gun unattended. Have you spent that time staring at the gun trying to decide what to do? Most stall doors can be locked from the outside with a coin. Lock the door, and get the manager.

Yes, im holding the gun in one hand and my Ipad in the other trying to get some help because I have no idea what to do now.

Ok just to be clear.
    This is an hypothetical scenario.Im not actually locked inside a restroom with a gun and not knowing what to do with it. :rolleyes:

I didn't say "I just found a gun".I said "YOU just found a gun".
    I thought it was clear enough.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Secure it. As far as I know, I can legally possess it then call the police.

Good point you bring here.
    I wonder what you can do if you are a convicted felon that finds a firearm. :dunno:
    You cant keep it to secure it while the police gets it without breaking the law.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    disassemble and place it all in the sonic cleaner provided in the stall to properly clean it.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Turd in the restroom, isn't that where it belongs. OHHHHhhh, that's a Glock. Tough for me to tell the difference sometimes.
    I thought all cops loved Glocks.
    disassemble and place it all in the sonic cleaner provided in the stall to properly clean it.
    Mens' rooms must be radically different than the ladies' rooms.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I'd secure it and call the cops. My thoughts are if any one is stupid enough to leave their gun in a public place they can deal with the cops.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    How do you know the manager isn't a felon or prohibited person? Tough call as I probably wouldn't trust the manager to do what's right, either. Guess I would have to be in the situation to figure out how to handle it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How do you know the manager isn't a felon or prohibited person? Tough call as I probably wouldn't trust the manager to do what's right, either. Guess I would have to be in the situation to figure out how to handle it.

Yeah that was my thought too.
    Plus besides just a legal problem you have no idea if the manager is trained to handle firearms.
    What if you bring him in the gun and the first thing he does is to hold it, finger on trigger, and shoot someone (maybe you) by accident? :dunno:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I hope you are all joking about the free Glock! Ha. I would first lock the stall, slide underneath and stand outside the restroom for 15 minutes or so. I would hate to alert the authorities should said gun belong to a patron who realized moments later. I believe management wouldn't be smart enough to transport said gun without DNA, in the case it was a hot weapon, which I doubt. Likely from there call the authorities and pray they don't charge the owner. I would hope the likely owner would return promptly, quick lecture, take care and be safe.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If turned into the police and no one claims it after a certain amount of time, dont they have to give it back to you?

Probably too good to be true.
    They probably destroy it (if it was not linked to any case) or one of the officers get to take it home.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I thought all cops loved Glocks.
    Mens' rooms must be radically different than the ladies' rooms.

From my days of being a ladies' room peeper, I can tell you that they are quite different. There are free beer vending machines, midget bathroom attendants, and solid gold toilets. They don't trust the ladies to be clean enough to have nice things like this.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure why everybody is worried about their finger prints. If you turn it into police and the gun was used in a crime there is good reason if your prints are on it. I would say first thing is to unload and make the gun safe. Don't go walking around handing strangers/manager a loaded gun.

Top Bottom