• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    longest Supreme Court vacancy came in President Tyler's term. 1843-1845, the Senate rejected 9 nominations

Aside from being called douchebags and raked over the coals by the media, what's to keep the senate from doing that now?

a backbone, will power, etc.. :dunno:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The run-up to the election is going to get way beyond contentious. It's game on: Liberty vs. the Nanny State. The stakes have never been higher.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You right wing conservative boy's got your butts puckering up a bit 'eh. Don't worry, when Hillary is elected president she will fill this vacancy, no problem. Then your butts will really pucker.

Just remember: when Hillary is elected it will not be because America loves the Clinton's. It will be because the Republican party can't find it's a$$ with both hands naked in a mirror.

Nice attitude... Great way to make friends on here. And pachyderms never forget.

While the delivery is a bit harsh, he's actually correct.

This tragedy opens the liberal's eyes. They now realize that all that tongue wagging over past years now puts them stepping on it. Even our squishes won't give in this time. ;)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You right wing conservative boy's got your butts puckering up a bit 'eh. Don't worry, when Hillary is elected president she will fill this vacancy, no problem. Then your butts will really pucker.

Just remember: when Hillary is elected it will not be because America loves the Clinton's. It will be because the Republican party can't find it's a$$ with both hands naked in a mirror.
    I'm no longer a rt wing conservative. Independent is closer.
    The bickering is just for the pre-game warm up in different states. Burney and Hickory are just starting the same sh.. now.
    I never favored the idea of voting against a candidate but the Dems sure are putting a team on the court that needs beaten bad.
    Actually you're beginning to see some Rebubs develope spines and personalities.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CNN reporting that Obama will nominate someone to replace Scalia.

This next 11 months is going to be just awful... and potentially moreso after that.

Do I drink the Drano now, or wait?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    An opinion makes him correct? Hillary will be elected president? So since you 2 are able to see into the future, who do they appoint as supreme court justice?

I don't have the time to ask my Magic 8-Ball all the questions needed to narrow it down. Buy one for yourself, and ask.

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    MCCONNELL on Scalia: "this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President.”

Good, sounds like he's on the right side here

Remember who you're talking about: Mr. say one thing, do the opposite.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, I acquiesce, I'll even vote for Jeb. I hope it is Cruz though.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As sad as this day is, the rest of this year will point out the differences between them and us. That might just turn out to be a good thing?

Oh...I am not fooling myself into believeing poor taste and boorish behavior is the province of just one side of the argument. What needs to be the focus of the discussion is how a move towards faithful adherence to the Constitution will result in more freedom for everybody. While not perfect (nobody will ever be), Scalia was one of those people that tended to be such an example. If we had more judges like him rather than Ginsberg, we'd be better off -- That's the argument I'd like to see made.

Top Bottom