Indianapolis
    Impeachment vote Wednesday 4PM...

Resolution tonight with four amendments
    Nothing happening this weekend
    Monday: closing arguments
    Tuesday and Wednesday: public deliberations
    Vote Wednesday at 4PM ET on articles

The vote is delayed until Wednesday?
    That will provide time for more secret revelations.
    There's evidence so secret they haven't even made it up yet.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So what happened to dueling? :dunno:
    Did it officially get banned or did they just decide not to do it but it's still in the books?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Dang. I don’t know if I can handle all this winning in one day!

Hang in there man. The afterglow is glorious.

VQuWcN1.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The vote is delayed until Wednesday?
    That will provide time for more secret revelations.
    There's evidence so secret they haven't even made it up yet.

O'rly? Then I counting that as a win for the Democrats. I thought all along, their plan was to try and prevent the president from giving the SOTU after impeachment.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    O'rly? Then I counting that as a win for the Democrats. I thought all along, their plan was to try and prevent the president from giving the SOTU after impeachment.

Apparently McConnell checked with Trump about it first and he was fine with it. I don't see an advantage to either side either way at this point. Acquittal is now a foregone conclusion I think.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The final proof will be in November.

If the polls are correct and the vast majority of Americans want Trump removed, it won't matter who the Democrat candidate is; he or she will win in a landslide.

If this was all political revenge for Trump having defeated Her Royal Highness, Hiliary Rodham Clinton, the American people will see that and Trump will be re-elected.

Let the people decide.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

Wow, and all this time the Democrats said they were trying to protect the Country and the Constitution from an absolute Monarch and all they really wanted to do was make Trump and the Republicans look bad.

I guess that shows how much credence we can give to what Democrats say.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow, and all this time the Democrats said they were trying to protect the Country and the Constitution from an absolute Monarch and all they really wanted to do was make Trump and the Republicans look bad.

I guess that shows how much credence we can give to what Democrats say.

Well, they both don't need to be mutually exclusive, do they? Impeachment was brought because the Democrats think the president is danger to the Country and Constitution.... They also knew full well, they wouldn't get the president removed. They went through the process, to bring attention the president's corrupt behavior and well as show his character. One way to illustrate his character, is to see how he handles addressing the nation, while in the midst of his impeachment. Maybe he'll hold it together, maybe he won't... but it will be interesting to watch.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The final proof will be in November.

If the polls are correct and the vast majority of Americans want Trump removed, it won't matter who the Democrat candidate is; he or she will win in a landslide.

If this was all political revenge for Trump having defeated Her Royal Highness, Hiliary Rodham Clinton, the American people will see that and Trump will be re-elected.

Let the people decide.

I have not seen a poll that indicates this. What is your source? Personally, I think the chances of re-election are >50%

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Apparently McConnell checked with Trump about it first and he was fine with it. I don't see an advantage to either side either way at this point. Acquittal is now a foregone conclusion I think.
    Yep. Requiring 2/3 vote to convict, the Democrats in the house knew that would never happen, witnesses allowed or not. Consider this impeachment over, get ready for the next attempt after November.

Top Bottom