Sorry, Dr. King, not today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And yet, Rand Paul, pretty regularly is attempting to commit a crime by outing the whistleblower.

It is patently obvious you're not a Federal employee, nor have you ever been one. Whistle blower status does not grant anonymity. It grants protection against reprisal, and that's it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The NYT is at it again trying desperately to fan the flames of the alleged Bolton manuscript before the vote...

And in other news the NYT declared it racist not to have witnesses. Blacks are waking up to the disingenuous way liberal are perverting that phrase as a trump card for anything rather than reserving it for genuine racism...

Just get it over with, end it!

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is patently obvious you're not a Federal employee, nor have you ever been one. Whistle blower status does not grant anonymity. It grants protection against reprisal, and that's it.

In many contexts, it is anonymity in certain filings, but if the identity is discovered in some other manner, there is NO LAW against discussing that person publically.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Senate just voted - no witnesses. It's all over but the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Oh and of course both Schumer and Pelosi will not accept an acquittal. LOL! Like they have a choice. They didn't "accept" Trump's election in the first place. How's that been working out for them so far? :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In many contexts, it is anonymity in certain filings, but if the identity is discovered in some other manner, there is NO LAW against discussing that person publically.

I'm just going by the training I have to take annually as a federal employee. And as was mentioned earlier, there are certain channels that it must go through. But that still does not provide anonymity.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This sounds reasonable...

Mitch McConnell

Never in Senate history has this body paused an impeachment trial to pursue additional witnesses with unresolved questions of executive privilege that would require protracted litigation. We have no interest in establishing such a new precedent, particularly for individuals whom the House expressly chose not to pursue,

Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    Time to vote these crooked democrats out of office.
    What a sham they tried.
    They should be ashamed of there selves!
    It was unbelievable the stuff they tried to pull and said!
    WOW they think we the American people are stupid and dont see whats really going on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What a sham they tried.
    WOW they think we the American people are stupid and dont see whats really going on.

Unfortunately many, if not most of the people that voted for them are so brainwashed that they believe what their "betters" tell them.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So, lacking the votes for witnesses, are the next steps to vote on acquittal, followed by investigating those leaking information, and attempting to thwart the Executive branch's power?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So, lacking the votes for witnesses, are the next steps to vote on acquittal, [STRIKE]followed by investigating those leaking information, and attempting to thwart the Executive branch's power?[/STRIKE]

Unfortunately, I think I FIFY... But that's what should happen. It should be like "false informing" in a criminal matter, but that will never happen.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    What a sham they tried.

Not just crooked Democrats. I got two words for Romney.

From C-Span: In a vote of 49-51, the Senate defeats a motion to allow for votes to subpoena witnesses or documents in the impeachment trial on near party-lines. Senators Collins (R-ME) and Romney (R-UT) voted “Yes” with all Democrats.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not just crooked Democrats. I got two words for Romney.

From C-Span: In a vote of 49-51, the Senate defeats a motion to allow for votes to subpoena witnesses or documents in the impeachment trial on near party-lines. Senators Collins (R-ME) and Romney (R-UT) voted “Yes” with all Democrats.

Do those two words start with F and Y?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not for nothing, but it’s never been proven the “whistleblower” is even that. There is question as to whether he contacted the Schiff Show first, if so, not a whistleblower, but a criminal.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I assume the acquittal will come posthaste, but what next? Will Trump be the first President Impeached twice? What do the sore losers have up there sleeves now?

Top Bottom