Isn't it illegal to drive without your lights on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I was working late one night last winter, drove home about 1am.
    I was pulled over (In Jeffersonville) because I had a licence plate light out.
    Then he said it was because he made a typo running my tags and they came back invalid.
    The officer was nice, and I was allowed to go on my way.
    But.....
    I did not like to be the subject of an obvious fishing trip.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    :+1: :yesway:

It is not about who showed who. It's about me not giving you info just because you think you deserve it because you have the badge. Go bully someone else. This is the attitude that gives leos a bad name. Pulling someone over just because they don't live close?? That is the infraction you use to pull someone over? I bet it isn't. I bet that's when the "weaving in and out" or "didn't use a turn signal" excuse comes out so it looks better on the report than he didn't live close. Just because I drive through your beat on your watch doesn't make my BUSINESS your BUSINESS. **** up a rope.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    You appear to be the type of person who goes out of his way to create a situation when there is no need. I don't believe that a REAL LEO would take the position and attitude that you do. You're probably not a real one anyway. Are the lights on your cruiser blue and red or are they yellow? Lafayette Square Mall is your beat? :D

Wow. First it's spelled "business", not "busines". Second, even if you choose not to answer my questions. I am still going to know who you are, where you live, and if I really want to, I could simply follow you to find out where you are going. I would also most likely be able to figure out how regularly you travel that way. So, not talking to me will really do nothing for your cause other than give you an opportunity to feel like you showed me. But hey, if feeling like, you showed me can brighten up your day, I would be happy to be of service.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    To answer the OP question... IC 9-21-7-2. It's a class C infraction.

Now my question... who is there to force officers to obey the laws they enforce?

Another policing agency called the police of police or p.o.p. There is another organization that overlooks them. The police of police officers policing officers or the popopo. Funding has been cut so the popopo has a hard time keeping up with the p.o.p so there have been a increase of officers forgetting to turn on their lights

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    For crying outloud! Are you serious? Does mommy have to tell them everyday when to go to the bathroom and wipe their butts for them? So, if their funding is cut, they can't remember from one minute to the next what they are supposed to be doing unless someone is there to remind them? :baby: I would say that I'm stunned, but not really. :facepalm: :rofl: Keep talking. This just keeps getting better and better. :D

Another policing agency called the police of police or p.o.p. There is another organization that overlooks them. The police of police officers policing officers or the popopo. Funding has been cut so the popopo has a hard time keeping up with the p.o.p so there have been a increase of officers forgetting to turn on their lights

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I work straight midnights. Midnight till 8am. With few exceptions, there are only cops and crooks out during a good portion of my shift. I run every plate before I stop the car. If the plate comes back out of my town and near by, I usually follow them home, stop at the bottom of the driveway, make sure they make it inside ok and waive. About 20% of the people actually stop and talk to me.

On the other hand, if the plate comes out of somewhere a decent distance away, I just like to talk to the person. See where they are coming from and going to. If they are legit, they usually don't mind answering the questions. If I see them again, I just know that it's Tuesday at 3:30am and that Steve has to open the dock early because it's truck day.

I'll most likely even cut him a little slack because, getting out of bed a 2:45 am isn't fun for anyone and when I stopped him, he was a pretty decent guy. I take pride in knowing my beat, what goes on in my beat, and who comes through my beat.

Believe it or not, I even enjoy trying to get to know as many citizens I serve as I can.

Really? You pull people over who aren't from there and question them, just because you want to find out who they are and why they're traveling "through your beat?"

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    back to the original question about driving without headlights. its also illegal to attack people,shoot them,tase them,pepper spray them or any one of several other crimes. but that never stops a cop from doing it. the thin blue line gang only uses the law when it benefits them. otherwise it means nothing to them. and that whole constitution,bill of rights,amendments thing only applies until your first day at police academy.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    back to the original question about driving without headlights. its also illegal to attack people,shoot them,tase them,pepper spray them or any one of several other crimes. but that never stops a cop from doing it. the thin blue line gang only uses the law when it benefits them. otherwise it means nothing to them. and that whole constitution,bill of rights,amendments thing only applies until your first day at police academy.

Criminal law is not until week 8. It's not illegal for police officers to do any of those things. There are these people called criminals. Sometimes they go to jail. You have to do whatever to get them there. Sometimes they like to hurt other people and for some reason they do not respond to verbal commands .Dont think you would last to long tasing random people. Your implied definition of the thin blue line is ignorant

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Really? You pull people over who aren't from there and question them, just because you want to find out who they are and why they're traveling "through your beat?"

Heck yea solid police work. Something comes up you have a record of every plate you ran. Also a deterant. Your about to hit a house but a cop follows you your probably
    Going to chance your mind

Last edited:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Criminal law is not until week 8. It's not illegal for police officers to do any of those things. There are these people called criminals. Sometimes they go to jail. You have to do whatever to get them there. Sometimes they like to hurt other people and for some reason they do not respond to verbal commands .Dont think you would last to long tasing random people. Your implied definition of the thin blue line is ignorant
    yea criminals like a woodcarver in seattle,a 15 year old girl in phoenix,and several hundred others that just had to be taught that contempt of cop is not allowed. and as usual the wagons were circled compliments of the thin blue line gang.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    For crying outloud! Are you serious? Does mommy have to tell them everyday when to go to the bathroom and wipe their butts for them? So, if their funding is cut, they can't remember from one minute to the next what they are supposed to be doing unless someone is there to remind them? :baby: I would say that I'm stunned, but not really. :facepalm: :rofl: Keep talking. This just keeps getting better and better. :D

It's impossible for any police officer to have 1/4th of traffic code committed to memory. Everyone breaks traffic law. Everyone forgets to turn their lights on from time to time.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Heck yea solid police work. Something comes up you have a record of every plate you ran. Also a deterant. Your about to hit a house but a cop follows you your probabl google to chance your mind
    that must be cop talk can anybody translate that into english for me?

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    yea criminals like a woodcarver in seattle,a 15 year old girl in phoenix,and several hundred others that just had to be taught that contempt of cop is not allowed. and as usual the wagons were circled compliments of the thin blue line gang.

I've never been to Seattle bud. Never locked up a wood carver that I know of. Go read 17 magazine then hit up holister. No application process is perfect you cant predict an officers behavior 5 years from date of hire. Anytime there is a posibility a leo related story could be spun in a negative manner that's the spin they use. Fools eat it up.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I've never been to Seattle bud. Never locked up a wood carver that I know of. Go read 17 magazine then hit up holister. No application process is perfect you cant predict an officers behavior 5 years from date of hire. Anytime there is a posibility a leo related story could be spun in a negative manner that's the spin they use. Fools eat it up.
    :yesway:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Heck yea solid police work. Something comes up you have a record of every plate you ran. Also a deterant. Your about to hit a house but a cop follows you your probably
    Going to chance your mind

You are contradicting yourself. You say that pulling people over to question them is solid police work, then you go on to talk about running plates and following people.

Rdunning plates and following IS solid police work.

Pulling people over simply because they violated section not-from-around-here on the local beat cop's watch is NOT solid police work.

I'm not trying to turn this into a gang-up-on-Kick party and I wish he would come back in and comment again. There is a line between doing good police work and breaking the law. That is crossed at pulling people over for no other reason than to ask who they are, where they are from, where they are going, can I see your papers please?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom