Isn't it illegal to drive without your lights on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    :wow: You stretched that car into a limousine, huh? You also made an assumption about the plate lights being out. You completely made something up lol. You're a joke.

96, I tried repping you for going at it with Keyser Soze, the guy who pretends to be a police officer. Once he said he had nothing to hide from anyone, so I asked him what department he worked for (because I don't think he's a real officer) and he clammed up faster than a smart criminal in an interrogation room.

:baby:

I have an interest in driving from point A to point B without some jackass pulling me over because, "You ain't from 'round here...BOOOOYYYY." And my interest in traveling freely trumps their interest in playing Tom Cruise in Minority Report and trying to prevent me from committing a crime, by pulling me over willy-nilly. I'm not looking to chat with any officers on the road, and I won't chat with you if you pull me over, but I will chat with your boss, and I'll let my lawyer chat with all of us when you pull me over to ask where I was going, where I came from, if I know what time it is, what my occupation is, etc... Pull me over for my plate light being out, cool, thanks for the tip. Pull me over because I'm from out of town and driving at night? No thanks.

I was using plate light as an example. I have no idea what kind of infraction the guy committed. I am sure kick had some type of infraction. There you go again putting words in my mouth. YOU COMPLETELY made something up. Or cant read. I wont tell you what department I work for because you seem unstable. As for my career there are more than a handful of guys on here that know what I do and know where I work. I am glad your not one of them. Speaking of which what do you do? I asked you some questions you did not answer. What do you do? Where do you work? More specifically how is the humidity in your moms basement this time of year?

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    I was using plate light as an example. I have no idea what kind of infraction the guy committed. I am sure kick had some type of infraction. There you go again putting words in my mouth. YOU COMPLETELY made something up.

Kick's post is right here. Doesn't mention any infraction at all. Who's making stuff up?

lashicoN disagrees with you, so you insult him and call him unstable. Right.. You're making yourself look more stupid and childish with every post.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Kick's post is right here. Doesn't mention any infraction at all. Who's making stuff up?

lashicoN disagrees with you, so you insult him and call him unstable. Right.. You're making yourself look more stupid and childish with every post.

Just because he does not mention a infraction it does not mean there was not an infraction. LashicoN did no just disagree with me. He has sent me PMs calling me a leech, ect. He recalled a time when he asked some questions so I recalled a time when I asked him some questions. Both went unanswered. I provided a reason why I did not answer his..he provided none. If you blow S#$ in my direction its getting blown back. When someone gets on any of these threads with a leo its cool. When they get it back its "childish"....hmmmmmm

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Trolls have a way of doing that when faced with logic and facts.

There are no facts. Speculation by everyone. Your speculating kick had no infraction because he did not mention one. I am speculating he did because there are 3242523 traffic laws. So we are all trolling?

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Not all cops are being bashed. It's just the ones that shove their weight around. I was wrong. You're Paul Blart. If you want to negative rep me or make a comment, do it here. Don't sneak around. Get a set of balls.

I have no problem saying I negative repped you. I negative repped you. I disagreed with your comment, therefore I sent negative rep your way. Simple see? ;)

And 9/10 threads on INGO are bashing the police because they did this, or they did that, or god forbid they asked you where you're going. :dunno: I've found that politeness will get you a hell of a lot farther than being an ass during a traffic stop. It's not throwing your weight around when it's your job to stop and PREVENT crime from happening. If you're driving around casing a store, or a house to rob and you see a police officer in the area; or you get pulled over for not signaling a turn, a license plate light out, a taillight out (any of 50 million reasons) do you think you're just as likely to continue your wrong doing ways knowing that the officer is in the area and has a pretty good idea of what's normal and what's not?

I have no problem agreeing that some police officers like the power and knowledge that they're "top dog" and can do "whatever they want", but that doesn't mean they all are. That's like saying all plumbers wear pants that ride far too low when they're at work :eek: or that all people who work for the highway department just chill on the side of the road while one guy does all the work. Just because you see one incident doesn't mean the whole group is bad. I'd figured you would know that seeing as you're a gun owner, and as we all know gun owners like those "assault clips" and frequently go on killing rampages, but only after waiting months and months for their LTCH so they're legal on the way there :laugh:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I was using plate light as an example. I have no idea what kind of infraction the guy committed. I am sure kick had some type of infraction. There you go again putting words in my mouth. YOU COMPLETELY made something up. Or cant read. I wont tell you what department I work for because you seem unstable. As for my career there are more than a handful of guys on here that know what I do and know where I work. I am glad your not one of them. Speaking of which what do you do? I asked you some questions you did not answer. What do you do? Where do you work? More specifically how is the humidity in your moms basement this time of year?

Darn. There I go confusing confrontational LEOs again. There are so few of you on INGO that you and j706 share the same pair of jack boots (and user names, apparently), in my mind. :): I did the same thing to Kutnupe a while back, so don't feel bad.

You don't need to answer who you work for. I probably wouldn't believe you anyway (for my own sanity). I refuse to believe someone with your beliefs and someone who stretches the truth...I mean "uses examples" the way you do, has any authority over the average, good, person.

I share your value of privacy (and also think you're unstable enough to try to find out who I am), and wouldn't ever link my company to my "far out there, minority" personal opinions and beliefs that I've shared on INGO. I own an e-commerce website, and that's all I'd like to say about it. Sorry for confusing you, though. I'll still happily argue with you, this time I'll try to keep you an j706 separate.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    LashicoN did no just disagree with me. He has sent me PMs calling me a leech, ect.

And for the record. Anything I've said to you, I believe I've said it publicly. I may have responded to a PM you sent me, but any contact I've initiated with you has been in plain view. I don't want to hide how much I dislike everything you have to say.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    C'mon man lighten up. Meet me at Mickey D's and I'll buy you a Happy Meal if you're not too old. -------------------------------------------------------------1 for offroadking208. Now I feel better. Do you? :D

I have no problem saying I negative repped you. I negative repped you. I disagreed with your comment, therefore I sent negative rep your way. Simple see? ;)

And 9/10 threads on INGO are bashing the police because they did this, or they did that, or god forbid they asked you where you're going. :dunno: I've found that politeness will get you a hell of a lot farther than being an ass during a traffic stop. It's not throwing your weight around when it's your job to stop and PREVENT crime from happening. If you're driving around casing a store, or a house to rob and you see a police officer in the area; or you get pulled over for not signaling a turn, a license plate light out, a taillight out (any of 50 million reasons) do you think you're just as likely to continue your wrong doing ways knowing that the officer is in the area and has a pretty good idea of what's normal and what's not?

I have no problem agreeing that some police officers like the power and knowledge that they're "top dog" and can do "whatever they want", but that doesn't mean they all are. That's like saying all plumbers wear pants that ride far too low when they're at work :eek: or that all people who work for the highway department just chill on the side of the road while one guy does all the work. Just because you see one incident doesn't mean the whole group is bad. I'd figured you would know that seeing as you're a gun owner, and as we all know gun owners like those "assault clips" and frequently go on killing rampages, but only after waiting months and months for their LTCH so they're legal on the way there :laugh:

Last edited:

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Im sorry to everyone I offended. I will not drink and post anymore. I was a real a**hole that night I got banned. I wont be involved in anymore LEO bashing threads.

:ingo:

LEO bashing? I have the right to remain silent, anything I say can and will be used against me by Fenway.

Wow, he's back! How long you planning on staying?

LOL! :):

I give you 90 days, max, before you blow a gasket. :D

Not going to be involved in any more LEO bashing threads, eh?

That was quick. Like an alcoholic in a brewery. :laugh:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There are no facts. Speculation by everyone. Your speculating kick had no infraction because he did not mention one. I am speculating he did because there are 3242523 traffic laws. So we are all trolling?

WE are taking his words at face value. YOU are adding things in that weren't there. But that's typical for some people around here.

How about you stop trolling for a change, and let KICK defend his own words? He's the one that said what he said, plainly enough that everyone around here but YOU understood.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Not going to be involved in any more LEO bashing threads, eh?

What constitutes an LEO bash? A disagreement? If so, every thread I've been in has turned into a Citizen bashing thread, because people often disagree with me. I don't feel the need to whine like a toddler every time someone disagrees with me, though.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What constitutes an LEO bash? A disagreement? If so, every thread I've been in has turned into a Citizen bashing thread, because people often disagree with me. I don't feel the need to whine like a toddler every time someone disagrees with me, though.
    IMHO, I would say a "cop bashing" thread would be one that generalizes us in a negative manner. While I do tire of the negative LEO stories, they are REAL stories and therefore fair game for discussion. I just do not like getting unfairly lumped in with them. THAT is where I draw the line. Some may have a different opinion. It is the same I feel for being a "gun enthusiast" and being lumped in with the knuckleheads that give US ALL a black eye.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    WE are taking his words at face value. YOU are adding things in that weren't there. But that's typical for some people around here.

How about you stop trolling for a change, and let KICK defend his own words? He's the one that said what he said, plainly enough that everyone around here but YOU understood.

I never volunteered anything other than the fact that I thought kick was doing good police work. Someone said something to the affect, oh yea stopping cars for no reason good police work. Thats where the whole thing got started 4 pages ago. I stated kick had a reason to stop the vehicle but he didnt mention it in the post. Then I go back and forth with people like you for a few pages. I never tried to change his story. I'm not trolling.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I never volunteered anything other than the fact that I thought kick was doing good police work. Someone said something to the affect, oh yea stopping cars for no reason good police work. Thats where the whole thing got started 4 pages ago. I stated kick had a reason to stop the vehicle but he didnt mention it in the post. Then I go back and forth with people like you for a few pages. I never tried to change his story. I'm not trolling.

Like I said. You're adding in detail that wasn't there. You're putting words in his mouth in a sad attempt to defend his actions, when he himself hasn't even seen fit to do so.

How do YOU know he had a reason? He's a cop and would NEVER do anything wrong? Thin blue line reasoning? Are you psychic?

YOU have no idea. He spoke in generalities about pulling people over who have non-local plates because he wants to question them about why they're "passing through his beat." That is exactly what he said, and YOU called it good police work.

But hey, keep trolling.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Keyser, we can go back in the thread and read for ourselves. We don't have to take your word for it, have a time machine, or a voice recorder. I can just click Page 2, Quote, and make you look craaaaazy.

I work straight midnights. Midnight till 8am. With few exceptions, there are only cops and crooks out during a good portion of my shift. I run every plate before I stop the car. If the plate comes back out of my town and near by, I usually follow them home, stop at the bottom of the driveway, make sure they make it inside ok and waive. About 20% of the people actually stop and talk to me.

On the other hand, if the plate comes out of somewhere a decent distance away, I just like to talk to the person. See where they are coming from and going to. If they are legit, they usually don't mind answering the questions. If I see them again, I just know that it's Tuesday at 3:30am and that Steve has to open the dock early because it's truck day.

I see what your trying to do there. Not really very slick
    He did say he runs plates before he pulls people over... He didn't say he pulls them over for no reason, nor did he say he pulls over every car.

Talk about slick, lol. He didn't say he pulls them over for no reason. The reason he gives is emboldened for you, special buddy. To find out where they've been and where they're going. :D

Competently false. What we have here is someone trying to sound smart and base their argument off lies. Read. Where does it say kick pulled someone over for having unfamiliar plates. He only mentions talking to them. You ASSUMED he pulled them over.

Stopping a car is pulling over a car. It isn't an assumption that he pulled them over. I italicized this part and emboldened it for you, special buddy. :D

Plates are contributing factor. Your behind a vehicle you don't recognize at 2:30am in a residential area you notice the plate light is out your probably going to stop that car. Opposed to seeing a plate light out on a vehicle you recognize. Just because he never told us what the infraction was does not mean there was done. Thats an assumption.

And this is the part where you completely made something up. Kick never mentions anything about a bulb being out. He only mentioned the plate was unfamiliar and he pulled them over to find out where they were and where they were going.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom