12   0   0

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The only thing worse than a click when you should hear a bang, is a bang when you should hear a click.

Not so much, if you follow The Four Rules.

We should really be programming ourselves to think that any click could be a bang. For example, dry firing. If your dry fire "target" would be unsafe to send a bullet through, then you should not be dry firing at it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't speak for Mr. Freeman and whether or not he is arrogant. I'm thinking that he is just like the rest of us and knows that without being constantly aware of gun safety, he, like the rest of us, will end up a statistic (not a good one). For those whose mighty egos are poked by his posts, all I can say is, if it gets and keeps your attention, he has done some good. When I really got interested in guns, decades ago, safety practices were drummed into me. That doesn't mean that I've never gotten lax, especially when something unusual happened. I think it does us all good to have someone really get our attention, when it comes to things as important as gun safety. Whether or not you like his demeanor, he gets and keeps your attention. I'll tell you a little true story. When I was sitting in a waiting area at the Phu Bai airport, a young lean soldier dressed in tiger stripped fatigues (pre-BDU) and wearing a beret and a large knife on his chest came up to me and said, "Excuse me lieutenant, but you were my training officer in basic training!" I immediately thought he was going to slit my throat! He said, "You were a hard-ass, but some of the things you taught me, have saved my life here! Thank you." He said, "You always told us that not all of us were going to end up in combat in Viet Nam, but you were training all of us to that standard." He went on, "I didn't understand it then, but I do now." We shook hands and I never saw him again. I had many training cycles at Ft. Campbell, but one incident really stands out. After a very long day of training and a long march, the trainees were beat. It was dark. I walked along the company area and noticed that there were some rifles abandoned. I started recruiting trainees (before they could run back and spread the alarm) to start gathering rifles. We got them back to the company orderly room. I told the trainees who helped me to remain. After a little while, a trainee reported to the orderly room and said that his rifle had been stolen. I had him pick out his rifle and remain. After all the owners had reported. I gave them a chewing out, emphasizing how important it was to always have their rifle with them. I then had them go outside and do push ups with their rifles over their knuckles. Apparently it did at least taught one soldier a lesson, and he thought it was an important enough lesson to thank me over a year later. I hope some of you, who are upset with Mr. Freeman, will be able to stop before doing something dangerous and think back to something he posted that you hated at the time and at least say to yourself, "Thank you Mr. Freeman!"

I truly hope you are at the opening of the new gun range with Indiucky and the crew. I look forward to meeting you.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Reported.....:cool:

Richard Hurtzbad...

Better????:)

09e163a2026a79cbf502cd230f12134b--bathroom-humor-funny-vintage.jpg

images

dick-four-nixon-button.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-17%20at%202.png

I get the "Old Man it's just a name" hammer pass on this one Hoss....:)

Top Bottom