• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    No, I am teaching and saving lives and all I get is whimpering about me.

Don't point gd guns at yourself or anything else that doesn't need a bullet. It is always loaded.

Stop whining that I am taking away your fun by insisting on discipline and education. I am protecting all of us by educating.

Keep up the good work, Kirk. Sometimes, we comfort the afflicted, and sometimes we afflict the comforted.
    And remember: Don'tcha nevah try t' teach no pig t' sing. Ya jess frustrate youseff an annoy th' pig.

Illigitimi non carborundum!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Keep up the good work, Kirk. Sometimes, we comfort the afflicted, and sometimes we afflict the comforted.
    And remember: Don'tcha nevah try t' teach no pig t' sing. Ya jess frustrate youseff an annoy th' pig.

Illigitimi non carborundum!

Less'n th' pig sings purtier 'n what you can

...then y'ought learn youseff t' harmonize.

;)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ya know there's no getting smarter as you get older. Just less stupid **** you haven't done yet.
    Hopefully we learn from other's stupidity. I don't want to be the example of what not to do.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No, I am teaching and saving lives and all I get is whimpering about me.

Don't point gd guns at yourself or anything else that doesn't need a bullet. It is always loaded.

Stop whining that I am taking away your fun by insisting on discipline and education. I am protecting all of us by educating.

It's really not preaching safe gun handling that's grinding nerves. On that front, you're fighting the good fight.

It's the lumping INGO'rs together as the example of ignorance and dangerous gun handling that's pissing people off and clouding your otherwise sound advice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's really not preaching safe gun handling that's grinding nerves. On that front, you're fighting the good fight.

It's the lumping INGO'rs together as the example of ignorance and dangerous gun handling that's pissing people off and clouding your otherwise sound advice.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it. I'm fine with Kirk bringing up these kinds of threads and reminding people to be safe. It mostly gets people talking about safety, and that's certainly not a bad thing.

But it'd be nice if he'd not act like everyone on INGO is as unsafe as the person in whatever example he posted, and especially that he's the guy to save INGO from itself. That just comes off as arrogance.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If I can borrow a phrase from a great midwest philosopher... not sure of their name...

Quit it with the snowflake act

Now who's playing the victim? You must be very aware that there is a way of educating and informing without condescending to your audience. Share these stories, share these incidents... if that's your goal... but try doing it without treating the audience like idiots. When "INGO" is a derogatory term to you... it comes across even through text on a forum.

Also... saving lives... c'mon. As a local nobody that shares articles on the internet... that's a bit of a high-bar to set.

I don't recall any effective teacher walking into the classroom, saying "Alright idiots, look at what this person that has nothing to do with you did. See how dumb they are? Now reflect upon yourselves, plebs."

I'm gonna go on a.limb here then and say never served in the military And had a.drill instructor or other cadre up your ass?
    OR, maybe you have and it still hurts. Lol

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Exactly. Its not.all ingoers just 90% :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've seen people (mostly older guys middle aged and up) handle a pistol like this before, like they are gonna catch the bullet if it goes off or something. Told one guy it's not a good idea to put his hand over the muzzle and his response "eh I've always done it this way and I know it's unloaded."
    Ok dumbass not with this gun, now give it back.
    He's probably found ingo by now or already was.

I've seen dumb dumb dumb things done by younger people too. Just haven't seen a younger person do that one yet

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm gonna go on a.limb here then and say never served in the military And had a.drill instructor or other cadre up your ass?
    OR, maybe you have and it still hurts. Lol

Why is military service even relevant? I do appreciate the service of those on INGO who've served. You do know, though, that military service isn't required to have an opinion on INGO, right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why is military service even relevant? I do appreciate the service of those on INGO who've served. You do know, though, that military service isn't required to have an opinion on INGO, right?

I don't think anyone needs to have served to have an opinion. I MAY respect their right to an opinion alittle more, but military service or not isn't everything to me about a person and my close friends will tell you that

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've seen people (mostly older guys middle aged and up) handle a pistol like this before, like they are gonna catch the bullet if it goes off or something. Told one guy it's not a good idea to put his hand over the muzzle and his response "eh I've always done it this way and I know it's unloaded."
    Ok dumbass not with this gun, now give it back.
    He's probably found ingo by now or already was.

I've seen dumb dumb dumb things done by younger people too. Just haven't seen a younger person do that one yet

Well. Everyone has some moments in life when their brain isn't fully engaged to what they're doing. We all luck out usually because those moments typically come when we're not doing anything that requires full engagement. It helps to mitigate that with common sense rules that don't require a lot of thought to carry out. But if there are very many with attitudes like those types then they increase their odds of having a disengaged moment when they're ill prepared for it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I gave him an example of an effective teacher that countered his claim. That was the joke. Sorry I have a pretty dumb sense of humor

True. I've never been in the military. If I hadn't met my now-wife when I did, I definitely would have joined.

I suppose you're equating Kirk's condescension with that of a squad leader or similar... I can see what you're getting at.

Kirk, however, tends to make a habit of his INGO-is-idjits generalizations. That includes all of us, including you.

You, and I, and Jamil, and Kirk, and others... are knowledgeable with firearms. When we get blanket-generalized as morons... we should find some reason to be irked by that.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    True. I've never been in the military. If I hadn't met my now-wife when I did, I definitely would have joined.

I suppose you're equating Kirk's condescension with that of a squad leader or similar... I can see what you're getting at.

Kirk, however, tends to make a habit of his INGO-is-idjits generalizations. That includes all of us, including you.

You got it glad someone did.
    Yeah Kirk gets on my nerves but so do others and I theirs. But on these issues I agree with him

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I gave him an example of an effective teacher that countered his claim. That was the joke. Sorry I have a pretty dumb sense of humor

Most circles, that might be classified as a counter-argument. But if there's something funny in that, I guess it can be a joke too.

A blonde is talking to her brunette friend and asks, "what does IDK mean?" The brunette answers, "I don't know." Blonde exclaims, "OMG, you either? No one I ever ask knows."

Top Bottom